• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There is a Bomberman Turn based strategy game? Why have I never heard of this?

So looking though old Playstation 1 JRPGs looking for games that got English fan translations I'd never heard of and stumbled upon Bomberman Wars

1996_front.jpg

A turn based strategy game released on the Sega Saturn and Playstation only in Japan and at least on PS1 has an English fan translation. Looks like a mix of bomberman (one of my favorite franchises) and Final Fantasy Tactics (one of my favorite games ever) which seems like it could be incredible. Doing a tiny bit a research it seems some people translated the text several years ago but lacked the programming skills to make a patch, last year someone with programming skills wanted to translate this game and found the old translation and magic happened.

I want to try it out, anyone have any experience with the game?

Delstius

I had a blast with this on Saturn back in the days (15+ years ago), played all day and night and didn't put down the controller until the end as morning came.
While it's pretty simple I liked how you compose your own team with characters that each have their own unique attributes and try to combo the enemies by placing bombs strategically on the battlefield, blocking their escape and changing the time when it will detonate.
It can get repetitive at times but if I remember correctly new units are introduced thorough the game and the later stages have some terrain hazard that spice things up (might be just a boss fight tho, not sure).

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
I almost imported this for my Saturn back in the day. Totally forgot it existed.
Ya me to. But that was so long ago I dun remember much about it myself, since I only played through it once before my Saturn & games were stolen -.-

I did beat it so as far as strategy games go it wasn't hard (for comparison I couldn't do FFT without gamesharking).

Top Bottom