• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There is a Petition to remove the Washington Post 4/10 Review from Metacritc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who really cares about what <insert outlet here> had to say? It's obvious that pretty much most gamers and game critics love the game. One bad review from an outlet doesn't really matter.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
While there's definitely value to this thread in terms of feeling deeply ashamed to be a gamer, we don't allow threads about unsolicited petitions and the previous thread on this interview ended with 40 bans including users banned for doing things that would result in harassment of the author.

This is embarrassing. Metacritic really has people going mad.

Im sorry but when having too much detail became a bad thing , this reviewer is out of his mind. I believe U4 is one of the greatest games ever created and it is my personal favorite for sure , although i can justify some reviewers giving it a 9 or an 8. But this is a utter disgrace. Gene , because you were the only respectable staff that responded to this nonsense , you should remove this review fro the metacritic , and post a new , sensible one that can justify its existence. Your Washington post for Christ's Sake , not a 12-year-old's diary. Treat the game with professionalism and respect.
Ironic that petition guy is comparing the reviewer to a 12-year-old, and doing it like this. Self-awareness much?

That being said, I did find the review in question to be terrible, with some really odd remarks in it that he didn't even have the decency to explain. It stank of being the contrarian just for the sake of it (or the sake of clicks). Negative reviews aren't a sin, but this was just a horribly written one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom