• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Reviewer Targeted For Giving Uncharted 4 Negative Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Your Washington post for Christ’s Sake , not a 12-year-old’s diary,” reads a recent internet petition about Uncharted 4. “Treat the game with professionalism and respect.”

This petition has over 4,000 supporters and has even been signed and tweeted by the popular voice actor Troy Baker, who co-stars in the newest Uncharted. Its goal is not to demand that The Washington Post take video games more seriously, nor is it to ask the storied newspaper to expand their gaming coverage more broadly. This is a petition to remove The Washington Post’s Uncharted 4 review score from Metacritic.

See, Washington Post reviewer Michael Thomsen did not like Uncharted 4, and he slammed the game accordingly. Thomsen, a veteran critic, usually takes a contrarian approach to his reviews, doling out harsh criticism to beloved games like Dark Souls and Red Dead Redemption. (He once wrote a regular IGN column called Contrarian Corner.) His review of Uncharted 4 does not have a score, but when The Washington Post sent it to Metacritic they gave it a 4/10, which as of right now is the only score below an 80. Hence: internet petitions.

ght2opvuqpmkrcjrl9so.png

Lots more at the link:
http://kotaku.com/reviewer-targeted-for-giving-uncharted-4-negative-revie-1776854933

SgtCobra

Why, just suck it up. The review was uhh..not really enjoyable to read but it's his opinion and the only MC counted reviewer which gave the game such a bad score.

J3ffro

If all the anger was coming from Naughty Dog IP addresses, I'd get it. It would still be really stupid, but I'd understand.

I'm sure literally none of them work for Naughty Dog, which makes the whole thing that much worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom