• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There is no Xbox 'Series S'

John254

Banned
The cheap price of the Series S still won't impact the sales of the PlayStation 5, because it will be nullified by the system's weak level of power. People will rather pay $399 for the PlayStation 5 digital for a full, proper next-gen experience.
If you think.
I could see Lockhart being a huge hit in "not that hardcore" crowd, which is choosing consoles primarily by price.
If Microsoft could match PS5 price (499€) and PS5 DE would be 449€/399€, Lockhart for 249€/299€ could be huge.

Just imagine - play all next-gen games, just for 299€

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
So what punishment are we agreeing on for all the deniers?

Forced Avatars? Tags?

200.gif

Last edited:

MrMiyagi

Banned
If you think.
I could see Lockhart being a huge hit in "not that hardcore" crowd, which is choosing consoles primarily by price.
If Microsoft could match PS5 price (499€) and PS5 DE would be 449€/399€, Lockhart for 249€/299€ could be huge.

Buying a console that is 2.5 times weaker just to save $99... not sure if that's such a good deal tbh. If the ps5 DE launches at $399 then Sony will be hitting the sweet spot. While both of MS's consoles will be missing the mark if they are selling Series X for $599 and Series S will be $299.

$599 feels to expensive for most while $299 is too cheap and will feel like too big a compromise compared to the ps5.

John254

Banned
Buying a console that is 2.5 times weaker just to save $99... not sure if that's such a good deal tbh. If the ps5 DE launches at $399 then Sony will be hitting the sweet spot. While both of MS's consoles will be missing the mark if they are selling Series X for $599 and Series S will be $299.

$599 feels to expensive for most while $299 is too cheap and will feel like too big a compromise compared to the ps5.
I think, that your target audience for Lockhart doesn't care about specs at all :messenger_winking:

Sony

Nintendo
The cheap price of the Series S still won't impact the sales of the PlayStation 5, because it will be nullified by the system's weak level of power. People will rather pay $399 for the PlayStation 5 digital for a full, proper next-gen experience.

It completely depends on the marketing and the price difference. If the PS5 is mentioned in third party marketing in the same breath with Series X and Series S, then no.
Because - and that is the crucial point - the Series S is a next gen machine.

Last edited:
It is basically impossible to explain any of this XSeX naming BS to my grandma, so whoever came up with that cryptic crap and then whoever approved it at Microsoft is an idiot.

Agree! I'm getting a Series X before a PS5, but damn man, Everyone i talk to about the Series X is constantly asking me "Well don't you have the "X" Already"! 🙄

This reminds me of the dilemma with Nintendo going with the name "Wii U", even i was confused at first! I opened up my own Restaurant at the time and didn't have time to go on Gaf and research much, i initially thought the Wii U was basically the same system with a minor chip upgrade (which it kinda was), not a new generation.

Big MISTAKE on MS behalf with this "Series X" name, they should have just named it "Xbox 2", the name hits home with ur average consumer and hardcore gamers alike. The name of a system goes ALONG way with marketing aswel, you want to differentiate yourself from the previous generation on console release (especially the Xbox ONE NAME), and in this case MS failed miserably!!! As u stated "WHO THE HELL APPROVED THIS NAME???".

Last edited:
If you think.

Im not saying thats not possible but tons of people who are "not that hardcore" tend to buy a system because
1. One or two specific games they want are on it
2. Its what their friends buy or recommend
3. Its whats most widely popular/known. Many / Most console buyers in general are "not that hardcore"...
and the ones who are basically are buying all the consoles.

I think you mean they'll eat into the "Wii" market with this (Switch straddles this space now).... But PS5 marketshare? Hard to imagine.
I guess it could. But no more than the closeout level prices on Xbox one and Xbox one S have over
the last few years eaten into the PS4 share.

I think its a great idea for people who know what they are getting but I dont see it as a "I am not that into gaming so I'll get this' product.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill

S-CLUB BABY :messenger_smiling_hearts::messenger_smiling_hearts::messenger_smiling_hearts::messenger_smiling_hearts:
There ain't no party like a S - club party

Last edited:

NickFire

I wish? It hasn't been announced and there's nothing to confirm this as real.
Has MS denied that the controller is legitimate? I know these companies often refuse to comment on rumor or speculation, but this is rather specific imaging that I personally can't see them letting percolate throughout the internet without a statement if its false information. Just my two cents.

Has MS denied that the controller is legitimate? I know these companies often refuse to comment on rumor or speculation, but this is rather specific imaging that I personally can't see them letting percolate throughout the internet without a statement if its false information. Just my two cents.
Oh here we go, now no official denial somehow corroborates something as being real...

JFC

Top Bottom