• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thief 3 makes me sleepy.

BuddyC

I've never played a Thief game before, so I was pretty thrilled to get a copy after hearing all the buzz. Going through the first training mission, I began to feel really tired. So tired, in fact, that after I completed it, I drifted off for a good 30 minutes in my chair.

I don't know why Thief 3 puts me to sleep, but it does. I really really dig the atmosphere, and how open it is.

I ended up playing a bit through the second mission, murdering some women before I ended up dead myself. I forgot to save though, after having my hand held with auto-save all these years. Alas.

Man, I'm lame :(

novery

I thought I was the only one!

I agree, it's the atmosphere. But I think it's also the yawning from the guards.

-rp

Mason

I had never played a Thief game before I rented Thief III. The training mission was boring (well, that's to be expected), but I didn't really get into the first real mission. I made a little noise and 3 guards came running to find me, so I hid behind a statue that wasn't nearly big enough to hide my whole body and they couldn't see me. After about 5 minutes of standing there repeating the same things over and over, they finally walked away. Only a couple minutes later, the music and soundeffects quit working, then only the music would work. After that I just quit playing it.

Troidal

I am enjoying Thief III, its nice to get back into this series. I don't spend as much time playing though...and it gets rather tedious when you are playing it with Splinter Cell back-to-back ;)

Top Bottom