• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thief - announcment trailer

ekim

I think Steambox games will come in their own separate packaging/box, maybe Valve will try to move away from the normal boxed PC games and create their own branding/name

No way they are going retail. Steambox will be digital only. Dedicated builds would make sense as devs can use the the closed environment for better performance but Valve said that the Steambox is some kind of blueprint for compact Pcs running Steam's Big Picture mode iirc.

No way they are going retail. Steambox will be digital only. Dedicated builds would make sense as devs can use the the closed environment for better performance but Valve said that the Steambox is some kind of blueprint for compact Pcs running Steam's Big Picture mode iirc.

so what do they mean by. "other next gen consoles?" who is planning to launch a new console?

Cheddahz

Banned
There needs to be a quote in the OP of every Thief thread that states how Dishonored took inspiration from Thief. There was even a Thief reference in Dishonored!

I know! This just looks too action-y for me I guess. After the disaster that was Hitman: Absolution, I'm just not going to get my exceptions too high

ekim

Btw I remember someone claiming last year, that we will indeed see another new platform this year. I just don't find the source anymore. My guess is on Apple.

Kouichi

I know! This just looks too action-y for me I guess. After the disaster that was Hitman: Absolution, I'm just not going to get my exceptions too high

Yeah ending up like Hitman is the worst possible outcome. However, in the Game Informer videos, they talked about the comparisons to Dishonored and specifically said that Dishonored did not focus and reward stealth as much as their game. They thought Dishonored was more of a jack-of-trades game like Deus Ex. Comments like that keep me positive.

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
Judging from the trailer, there seems to be third person as well as first person gameplay? Not sure how that will work.

Hex

Banned
Judging from the trailer, there seems to be third person as well as first person gameplay? Not sure how that will work.

Has already been confirmed to be almost entirely first person except in situations like climbing and whatnot.

eyeless

Has already been confirmed to be almost entirely first person except in situations like climbing and whatnot.
i hope that is a sick april fools joke

third person climbing? any source for that or confirmation of any third person?

Mahonay

Banned
Art direction looks pretty great. Hopefully the final game looks something close to this. The trailer reminds me just a bit of The Witcher 2, in general tone and style, not a bad thing at all.

Meelow

Banned
Pc, Ps4 and other next gen consoleS?

I'm sure they'd mention the Wii U if there was a version for it.

I don't know about that, there was a Wii U version of Watch Dogs and Call of Duty Black Ops 2 yet we didn't know about COD till September and Watch Dogs since February.

We'll have to wait and see.

Where was this confirmed?

Neogaf1.gif

#teamreal
time

VanWinkle

Oh man, what a beastly trailer. I haven't had any other thief games, but I've always been interested in the series, so I will definitely pick this one up.

Hex

Banned
I don't know about that, there was a Wii U version of Watch Dogs and Call of Duty Black Ops 2 yet we didn't know about COD till September and Watch Dogs since February.

We'll have to wait and see.

You go ahead and wait, others of us will be playing.

Never played the other Thief games. Are they worth going back to revisit?

Yes. 1 and 2 are a bit grey around the gills, but 2 if prob my 2nd fav game of all time (behind Deus Ex). If you get them, get the taffer patch and they'll work flawlessly. 3 ain't a bad game either, worth playing just for The Cradle level alone.

Top Bottom