• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thief teaser trailer released (full trailer reveal April 2nd)

Kouichi

Game Informer had a podcast where they answered various questions asked by the fans. Nothing significant worthy of a new thread, but I picked out some of the important stuff:

• Light Gem returns
  • No morality system or story branching
  • No competitive multiplayer, but it will have an online feature of some sort
  • Can beat the whole game without killing or knocking people out.
  • Not a sequel or prequel. “More of a side-thing.” They’ll explain what they mean in the future.
  • Collectibles and Side-quests
  • Seemed to deconfirm a Wii U version, not sure.

http://media1.gameinformer.com/media/audio/theshow/thiefspecial/thiefspecial.mp3

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Game Informer had a podcast where they answered various questions asked by the fans. Nothing significant worthy of a new thread, but I picked out some of the important stuff:

• Light Gem returns
  • No morality system or story branching
  • No competitive multiplayer, but it will have an online feature of some sort
  • Can beat the whole game without killing or knocking people out.
  • Not a sequel or prequel. “More of a side-thing.” They’ll explain what they mean in the future.
  • Collectibles and Side-quests
  • Seemed to deconfirm a Wii U version, not sure.

http://media1.gameinformer.com/media/audio/theshow/thiefspecial/thiefspecial.mp3

All of this sounds awesome. Only thing missing is the crude realistic 'map' screen, someone go confirm that now!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Awesome Concept art

1364648865-thief-4-sewers.jpg

1364648867-thief-4-streets.jpg

1364648865-thief-4-tavern.jpg

This is what i want to see in the game. Hopefully Eidos Montreal can deliver.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Don't forget about Yakuza 4.

huh? that not from Square-Enix :/

No morality system = ok
or story branching =Story branching are good for playing the game again (the Witcher 2).
No competitive multiplayer=Very good
but it will have an online feature of some sort=waste of time.
Can beat the whole game without killing or knocking people out=good.
Not a sequel or prequel. “More of a side-thing =not sure if like this.
Collectibles and Side-quests =good.
Seemed to deconfirm a Wii U version, not sure= poor Iwata

Lakitu

st5fu
I trust Eidos Montreal, look at how well they handled Deus Ex (except for the boss fights). I know this is a different team but I really think it could be good.

I like what they've shown so far... except for the new Garrett design. I absolutely despise the OTT Gothic aesthetic they're using for him, the original Garrett design was nothing like that and his character was very central to the atmosphere of the game :(

ymoc

While some found Deadly Shadows to be a disappointment, some fans found it to be an excellent game with some flaws (SHOCK SHOCK: even fans of the original games). I accept the difference of opinion.
HOWEVER, I can't comprehend how some of the former fans are capable of COMPLETELY forgetting all the flaws vanilla T1 and T2 had,while whining and crying about all the horrible things that T3 brought to the series, how it RUINED IT! I would have sympathize if T3 was to Thief series what Fallout 3 was to Fallout series. That, in my opinion, did not happen.

Nobody ever mentions the TEDIOUS and HORRENDOUS cave and dungeon levels in the first two games, the biggest offender being T1 of course. Not only were those levels incredibly ugly even by the standards when the game was released, they also featured level design that I'd expect from a highschool fanboy. Like someone in another thief thread here pointed out, the best levels in the original games were the mansions\castles (I would throw in the banks as well!). Everything else was usually a disaster.
Sure Deadly Shadows made some poor choices (climbing gloves instead of rope arrows, ugh -EDIT: I remember reading something about the developer having some technical difficulties in implementing the climbing mechanic, or is my mind making up that justification?) and was limited by the console limitations which made level size smaller, but it still was a great game, no matter how you feel about the originals. And it avoided the curse of those cave levels from the original quite nicely and executed them much more professionally.

I don't worry about T4 ruining anything or thinking it would be better if it never came out. Being a fan of the original games as well I am perfectly capable of enjoying the game should it not stray too much into action generic crap that the usual modern games go for. For all of you who feel it would've been better that T2 was the last Thief ever made, I really don't see what you're all getting upset about? Play and mod the hell out of the old titles and stop worrying about a new game ruining the franchise and let everyone else be excited by the prospect of some fresh taffin' !
HYPE!

PS: I'll eat my words and let you tar and feather me should T4 turn out to be a disaster.

That hand animation was pretty bad :(

I trust Eidos Montreal, look at how well they handled Deus Ex (except for the boss fights). I know this is a different team but I really think it could be good.

You're in luck, the boss fights were actually outsourced to another studio.

Its not a trailer. And it served it's purpose just fine.

purpose of boringness?

Seriously what's with all the next gen teasing... it's always boring and they just end up teasing a... trailer !?!
I can't wait for next gen but the more they try to build hype the more I don't want to see anything before the games / systems finally come out.

Top Bottom