• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

this is gonna be a weird thread, but sony and ea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StueyDuck

I know reading the title and all the shitty consolidation talk you probably think this is a thread about that.

Luckily it isn't, I am busy listening to my recently released Spotify playlist and then this pops up.

not sure if that link will work but essentially its a track called Surrender - Part One. But the more interesting part is the listed composers are EA Soundtrack team and the SIE sound team.

the cover is of a dinosaur in grass and a dude holding two swords,

this is weird right? like a weird collab or something (I don't remember any EA + Sony 2nd party titles with dinosaurs and swords), maybe a mistake from Spotify?

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Most likely Sony Music division and not Interactive Entertainment?

maybe, either way it's unusual to see EA do something like this,

they don't seem to have tangential Music on Spotify, well not at least from what i've seen.

Edit: I take it back, they do seem to have tangential music on there

Last edited:

Foshy

yea this is weird

due to how spotify works, it's entirely possible that this is someone random uploading their songs on a wrong profile to get attention & streams

there's this other sketchy looking album on the ea games soundtrack profile too

StueyDuck

I don’t think they are affiliated with EA or Sony
maybe not affiliated, maybe there's some mixup considering this is "ambience records", these are like albums you can license for your games or something like that.

all in all it's just weird

StueyDuck

due to how spotify works, it's entirely possible that this is someone random uploading their songs on a wrong profile to get attention & streams
Surely you can't just upload your own tracks to someone else's profile though right?

I do not create on Spotify so i don't know all the details. I just thought account names weren't vetted like how twitter accounts needed blue ticks otherwise anyone could be steve jobs

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
maybe not affiliated, maybe there's some mixup considering this is "ambience records", these are like albums you can license for your games or something like that.

all in all it's just weird

More likely it’s some neckbeard looking for streams. The quality of the tracks seems pretty low rent.

Foshy

Surely you can't just upload your own tracks to someone else's profile though right?

I do not create on Spotify so i don't know all the details. I just thought account names weren't vetted like how twitter accounts needed blue ticks otherwise anyone could be steve jobs
yes you actually can. the thing is that as an artist you don't upload your stuff directly to spotify, but have to go through a third-party distributor (like distrokid, for example). you pay a fee, upload your song file, enter your artist name, song title, album cover etc and they get it on all kinda streaming services and then pay out royalties

there is a verification process in theory but it has gotten mostly automated so there have been quite a few cases of people uploading fake stuff on other artists profiles and cashing in on their name. can get taken down quickly tho when the actual artist reports that there is something going on

StueyDuck

yes you actually can. the thing is that as an artist you don't upload your stuff directly to spotify, but have to go through a third-party distributor (like distrokid, for example). you pay a fee, upload your song file, enter your artist name, song title, album cover etc and they get it on all kinda streaming services and then pay out royalties

there is a verification process in theory but it has gotten mostly automated so there have been quite a few cases of people uploading fake stuff on other artists profiles and cashing in on their name. can get taken down quickly tho when the actual artist reports that there is something going on
well i think this is definitely a case of that, and whoever it is seems to be Targeting EA mostly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom