• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is SSX (Trailer) + Uber Mondays

red731

But there's no way to make sure you all start at the same time. You have to manually make that sort of happen, and you'll never really be perfectly synced up (and it'll be even harder on the PS3, where there's not even voice chat). I don't understand why they couldn't have simply included an option to really go head-to-head.

I think the answer is lag and mainly rewind. They want you to compete and if you smash your friend, how would he rewind? Take even the puncher back in time? Forever and ever?

On ps3 you can send message so some people they will join you in your custom global event and then they will see when you jump out so they can too. Sure, not head to head, but on same slope, with same conditions and rewinds that wont affect anyone else. Scores and times matter.

Bgamer90

Banned
But there's no way to make sure you all start at the same time. You have to manually make that sort of happen, and you'll never really be perfectly synced up (and it'll be even harder on the PS3, where there's not even voice chat). I don't understand why they couldn't have simply included an option to really go head-to-head.

What difference would having the option for the game to automatically start everyone at the same time make with the way that the game is set up?

I just don't see that big of a significance. I would if the game didn't let you see the other people competing against you live on the track in the same event but the game does.

soultron

Banned
OT is reaching critical mass. I'm pretty psyched. I'm currently looking into the Google Docs recommendation you guys made for tracking PSN/XBL names, thanks!

PS3 Google Doc

XBL Google Doc

Also, I got invited to chat about SSX on the SSX Ubercast tonight. Will link it when it's out!

LaneDS

OT is reaching critical mass. I'm pretty psyched. I'm currently looking into the Google Docs recommendation you guys made for tracking PSN/XBL names, thanks!

PS3 Google Doc

Also, I got invited to chat about SSX on the SSX Ubercast tonight. Will link it when it's out!

Thanks soultron! Excited to see the OT (and more excited to play the game finally). Should we start adding our PSN tags to that spreadsheet then?

soultron

Banned
I'd encourage XBL Silver users to throw their names on there too since Explore mode will allow them to compete via ghost data!

I wish I was better at using Google Docs because I couldn't figure out how to restrict the editing options so that only people with Google IDs could edit. :c

Alright, anyone can enter their PSN/XBL stuff by visiting the appropriate Google spreadsheet!

Word of warning, we had one of these spreadsheets for Vita users this past week and someone went into the spreadsheet and erased everything. They had to hide the location from non-neogaf members to avoid it happening again.

Suairyu

Banned
Now I have to actually look up what my PSN ID is. Outside of some fucking about in Red Dead, I've never played online with the thing.

edit - and yeah, soultron, make some local backups of the googledoc every now and again.

soultron

Banned
Word of warning, we had one of these spreadsheets for Vita users this past week and someone went into the spreadsheet and erased everything. They had to hide the location from non-neogaf members to avoid it happening again.

This is what I'm worried about, personally. I'm wanting to make it so that people require Google IDs to edit, but Google Docs don't really give you that option for security. It's either add these people or allow anyone to anonymously edit. I wish people at least had to be signed in first.

For now I've just decide to make duplicate sheets and lock editing out so they're only viewable. I'll do this every so often and use them as recovery points if necessary.

I'm wondering if the "freeze cells" option is what I'm thinking. An option to literally lock individual cells or groups of cells would be awesome.

red731

Added myself to the list. Looking forward to playing with you guys xD
At least I will have have someone to beat or be beaten...

This is what I'm worried about, personally. I'm wanting to make it so that people require Google IDs to edit, but Google Docs don't really give you that option for security. It's either add these people or allow anyone to anonymously edit. I wish people at least had to be signed in first.

For now I've just decide to make duplicate sheets and lock editing out so they're only viewable. I'll do this every so often and use them as recovery points if necessary.

I'm wondering if the "freeze cells" option is what I'm thinking. An option to literally lock individual cells or groups of cells would be awesome.

Freeze Cells just makes it so when you scroll certain cells (basically, your headers) stick to the top/side so you can always see them.

Also, added my name to the PSN list.

soultron

Banned
Freeze Cells just makes it so when you scroll certain cells (basically, your headers) stick to the top/side so you can always see them.

Also, added my name to the PSN list.

Yeah, I just discovered that. :c

I might look at other options. I just want to make sure this thing is somewhat secure.

soultron

Banned
The demo will have multiplayer, right?

Yes, I'm not sure if it will be of the Global Events variety though. It is RiderNet enabled, which means we'll be able to compete with our friends in some capacity.

I'll shoot T-Batty an email to get clarification.

Seeing some of you guys on the PS3 list makes me wish RiderNet was cross-platform. :c

Yeah me too. I'd love to get the Xbox version but there's no way I'm ditching an entire mountain for that, considering that I don't really have any IRL SSX friends on Xbox anyway.

soultron

Banned
What are the chances of that PS3 only mountain making its way to the Xbox version as DLC?

No idea. I do know that if you're basically anywhere else in the world aside from NA, it's available on 360. (IIRC, it's a pre-order bonus?)

If you listen to the most recent SSX Ubercast, Todd Batty was asked about it and wanted to speak about it, but Justin (his PR guy) cut him off. I'm optimistic... c:

Yeah, I'm normally an Xbox guy for multiplatform games. Between the extra mountain and larger fan base on the PS3 I'm going to get the game on that system instead.

Noo! I can't understand the Dutchness!

EDIT: Whoa at the live action segment framerate. Haha.

Yeah they have the framerate crazh high on the live action stuff, it looks like the shitty "soap opera" effect that the 120hz mode on fancy TVs.

I have no idea what these guys are doing (watching at work with the sound off, and I don't know the language anyway) but this is the most insane review I've ever seen with these idiots trying to snowboard...

Edit: Have I mentioned how freaking awesome it is that if you hit a kicker at the correct angle you can throw yourself into a fucking barrel roll. That's so awesome.

Noo! I can't understand the Dutchness!

EDIT: Whoa at the live action segment framerate. Haha.

Not sure that was a review or they simply use the word 'review' to mean a review of the features. Regardless, they lost me when they said their favorite snow boarding game of all times was Cool Boarders 3. Booooo. Was a cool video regardless, but my Dutch isn't that great and I missed some of their points. I was also getting a headache from all the wub-wub-wub crap music. Looking forward to the demo this Tuesday. whooo.

soultron

Banned
Hey guys, regarding the demo, here's the info Todd Batty gave me;

Todd Batty said:
The Demo tracks are in Explore. Race on JT2, Trick on Bulldog.

So there will be 3 Team SSX Riders on each drop that represent Bronze, Silver, Gold, along with a ghost of the friend who is directly above you on the leaderboard. If you are at the top of the leaderboard or if you have no friends, the ghost is of your personal best.

Ridernet will keep track of everything, as well as let you know when a friend has taken down your record on either track.

So you'll be competing against your highest ranked friend's ghost data in the demo.

Todd's score is 35 million on Bulldog. Think we can knock that down? :p

soultron

Banned
Just so you guys know, the lists will be in the OT as well, for anyone wondering. Thanks to the two posters who suggested going with Google Docs to track these things!

I'll have the OT up tomorrow night. C:

How does this tag thing work? Do we need to be friends on the service? Because I've hit 100 on my XBL...

Either way, I tossed myself in there.

soultron

Banned
How does this tag thing work? Do we need to be friends on the service? Because I've hit 100 on my XBL...

Either way, I tossed myself in there.

You can add people to your RiderNet rivals and I'm pretty sure they don't have to be on your FL.

Also: stop being so popular 'n stuff.

AndyD

aka andydumi
You can add people to your RiderNet rivals and I'm pretty sure they don't have to be on your FL.

Also: stop being so popular 'n stuff.

If we can go through Ridernet, and its universal (through EA), we may be able to go cross platform. Or not?

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Still undecided which console SKU i'm going with, but i'm hoping demo day will sort that out. I'll be adding myself to the spreadsheet then :)

BlackJace

I added my PSN to the list. I mostly get my gaming in on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Hopefully I'll be able to play with you all.

If we can go through Ridernet, and its universal (through EA), we may be able to go cross platform. Or not?

Has any game even done something like this? I remember Bizarre saying that they wanted to do some sort of cross platform competition with Blur but they were shot down because Sony doesn't want XBL mentioned on PSN and MS doesn't want PSN mentioned on XBL. They ended up doing some odd thing where you'd create a competition in the game and then send it to your friends twitter account so that they could compete against it.

Top Bottom