• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is SSX (Trailer) + Uber Mondays

The menu looks a bit bland. Quick enough, but a kind of boring. I don't need Codemasters style excess, but some background art of the characters would've been a simple way to give it some pop.

Damn, I asked a music question but they pulled up somebody else's. Oh well :(

Edit: Oh nice, you can set up separate soundtracks for different modes. That's awesome. I'm totally doing that.

soultron

Banned
i hope you can turn off the "tricky" sound when you go into tricky mode.

One of the reason I prefer 3 to Tricky is because, after playing years worth of Tricky, I hated hearing "IT'S TRICKAYYYYY!!" every 5-10 seconds. I'd enjoy the option to toggle it on/off.

i hope you can turn off the "tricky" sound when you go into tricky mode.

One of the reason I prefer 3 to Tricky is because, after playing years worth of Tricky, I hated hearing "IT'S TRICKAYYYYY!!" every 5-10 seconds. I'd enjoy the option to toggle it on/off.

Batty really stated you can set it to "Default" where it plays for like 10 seconds every time you get into the Super Tricky mode, "Always" where it plays the whole time you're in Super Tricky, or "Off" where nobody has a clue what happens when you get into Super Tricky. I'll probably turn it off so I can always hear my custom soundtracks, but I'd hate for there to be no sound notification when I enter the super tricky state.

soultron

Banned
Batty really stated you can set it to "Default" where it plays for like 10 seconds every time you get into the Super Tricky mode, "Always" where it plays the whole time you're in Super Tricky, or "Off" where nobody has a clue what happens when you get into Super Tricky. I'll probably turn it off so I can always hear my custom soundtracks, but I'd hate for there to be no sound notification when I enter the super tricky state.

Thank goodness. IIRC, gondee was one of the most vocal about turning it off when we visited. Haha.

Thank goodness. IIRC, gondee was one of the most vocal about turning it off when we visited. Haha.

I have no problem with the "TRICKYYYY" when you initially hit the tricky state, but having the songs cut out to play Dub Step Tricky for 10 seconds is a bit annoying.

soultron

Banned
Love the freezing shade DD. It was an awesome mechanic in BFBC2, although it was breaking into houses to warm yourself by their fireplaces. Haha.

soultron

Banned
I'm starting to wonder if bails are tuned a certain way for DDs to make them easier/more fun. Landing mid-way through an uber almost seemed to cancel the animation/skip tonnes of frames. The stream's quite poor quality though, so I could be seeing things.

I'm tired of seeing Mac in every piece of footage. We got a bit of Elise and Moby gameplay here, but still.

I'm starting to wonder if bails are tuned a certain way for DDs to make them easier/more fun. Landing mid-way through an uber almost seemed to cancel the animation/skip tonnes of frames. The stream's quite poor quality though, so I could be seeing things.

People are saying you can just outright STOP tricks by dropping the buttons. That's what looks like is happening to me.

Fantastical

Death Prophet

I think it's like that in every mode of the game. When he was playing earlier I was stunned at some of the tricks he was landing. I think they may have done it so that as long as you aren't holding a button while landing it will automatically land.

Well that's good at least.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Yes, but is it something we haven't played before? I see these videos and it all seems very similar to past games. Looks like a fun game, but one I have played before. I hate getting old.

soultron

Banned
I think it's like that in every mode of the game. When he was playing earlier I was stunned at some of the tricks he was landing. I think they may have done it so that as long as you aren't holding a button while landing it will automatically land.

I'm in class and have the sound off, so I'm missing all of the dialogue. :c

Hopefully there's a penalty of some sort for canceling animations. I dunno. I just want the game to reward players who can (cleanly) land tricks.

Bgamer90

Banned

Oh nice. Cool.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I'm in class and have the sound off, so I'm missing all of the dialogue. :c

Hopefully there's a penalty of some sort for canceling animations. I dunno. I just want the game to reward players who can (cleanly) land tricks.

To be clear, they didn't say anything about it. That's just my guess.

Yes, but is it something we haven't played before? I see these videos and it all seems very similar to past games. Looks like a fun game, but one I have played before. I hate getting old.

Ha, I hear you, but this really seems like taking SSX places that couldn't have been done last gen. The sense of those last few drops, I don't know if you could replicate that with Last Gen tech.

It looks like basic old school SSX gameplay, sure, but enhanced with all the cool shit you couldn't do back in the day.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
What I dig the most is the social/competitive aspect. As long as it isn't too easy to do something amazing, I think the fun will be had beating others runs.

So it looks spectacular and all, but as mentioned above it looks a challenge to actually NOT land a trick. Hoping that's not the case...

Well, the Giant Bomb guys are going to be demoing it soon, right? If they're playing then you'll get a very good idea of just how easy it is (or isn't) to screw up tricks.

Top Bottom