• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This really sickens me ... Autistic boy victim of cruel als challenge prank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
Ugh

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/autistic-teen-victim-of-als-challenge-prank-parents-say/

Autistic teen victim of ALS challenge prank, parents say
4 Comments
CRIMESIDER STAFF CBS NEWS
Sep 4, 2014 4:01 PM EDT
info

ALS Association
BAY VILLAGE, Ohio -- Police in suburban Cleveland are investigating an incident in which a group of teens allegedly played a cruel joke on an autistic classmate, reports CBS affiliate WOIO.

In a video posted to the Internet, the 14-year-old victim is seen shirtless, apparently ready to have a bucket of ice water thrown on his head as part of the popular awareness drive for the disease Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).

But instead of dumping water and ice on the boy, the teens had purportedly filled the bucket with feces, urine, cigarette butts and spit.

After seeing the video, the victim's parents reported the incident to police.

Bay Village police tell WOIO that they hope to have their investigation wrapped up in a timely manner.

So far, no charges have been filed.

Bay Village Schools Superintendent Clint Keener said in a statement to students and parents that no disciplinary action will be taken until after police have completed their investigation.

"It hurts us deeply to see such a wonderful effort twisted to deliberately cause someone pain," Keener said.

Foffy

Banned
What the fuck!? When I saw what they actually put in the bucket, I was amazed at how offensive these people were.

Suspend them all. Taking advantage of someone and turning a meme for a good cause into something sick. Fuck them.

ItIsOkBro

Those kids have serious problems, to even think of doing something like this, they need help.

Edit: I'm all for people having to face punishment but I also think we should get whatever (psychological?) issues they have sorted out and hopefully turn them into outstanding adults. It's nice to see so many Gaffers think their lives should be ruined at 14 though.

Yeah even thats not just "kids being mean" or even "dumb". Thats straight up mentally disturbed to think thats funny at any age.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Holy shit. That is disgusting.

I thought the ice bucket challenge on Efukt was sad, but this is legitimately horrifying.

KHlover

Banned
For some reason this reminds me of "Carrie". Too bad the autistic kid doesn't have any psychic powers, but I still hope someone dumps a bucket full of feces over THEIR head before they are tried and hopefully convicted of assault or whatever this incident would qualify as.

cartesian

Jesus Christ, I'm seething. I've read about some cruel kinds of bullying before, but this is an act of humiliating abuse targeted against the most vulnerable person they could get at. It's not a prank. It's just sick.

I hope they are severely punished.

charsace

They should be jailed. This is torture. Mental and physical torture and the charges should reflect that.

How the hell can they not find anyone when a vid has been posted?

This is a prank, no need to put it in quotations. Just because you don't like it
and yes it is a f****** terrible thing to do
doesn't mean it's not a prank.

Allforce

Jesus Christ, I'm seething. I've read about some cruel kinds of bullying before, but this is an act of humiliating abuse targeted against the most vulnerable person they could get at. It's not a prank. It's just sick.

I hope they are severely punished.

From what Ive heard from people I know in the area, these kids were all pretty much friends and this sort of Jackass-stunt was par for the course with them among each other. Just so happens the boy is mildly autistic or has some mild signs of being on the spectrum and his parents went ballistic when they found out about the prank. The kid didn't report it or anything since they were all boys.

Still gross but I don't know if it's torture or assault, but it's a much sexier news story when a bunch of bullies yanked an autistic kid who can't speak or function out of his house and poured shit and piss on him as a gag.

Braag

What a tasteless prank. Fuck those kids, I hope their parents punish them accordingly.

From what Ive heard from people I know in the area, these kids were all pretty much friends and this sort of Jackass-stunt was par for the course with them among each other. Just so happens the boy is mildly autistic or has some mild signs of being on the spectrum and his parents went ballistic when they found out about the prank. The kid didn't report it or anything since they were all boys.

Still gross but I don't know if it's torture or assault, but it's a much sexier news story when a bunch of bullies yanked an autistic kid who can't speak or function out of his house and poured shit and piss on him as a gag.

If someone poured shit and piss on me I would be mad as fuck even if it was my friend who did it.

Whaaaaaaaat?

C'mon son.

W-what makes you so compelled to post something like that like I am so wrong to believe - however terrible this is - that it is indeed a prank?

"prank"

a practical joke or mischievous act.

"mischievous"

causing or intended to cause harm or trouble

I mean come on, not liking the actions that took place isn't valid grounds to classifying it as not a prank. It just makes it a horrible/tasteless prank. No need to act ashamed of me or whatever for believing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom