• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This really sickens me ... Autistic boy victim of cruel als challenge prank

Status
Not open for further replies.
W-what makes you so compelled to post something like that like I am so wrong to believe - however terrible this is - that it is indeed a prank?

"prank"

a practical joke or mischievous act.

"mischievous"

causing or intended to cause harm or trouble

I mean come on, not liking the actions that took place isn't valid grounds to classifying it as not a prank. It just makes it a horrible/tasteless prank. No need to act ashamed of me or whatever for believing so.

I'm pretty sure that this will damage the kid emotionally and psychologically. That does not just make this a harmless prank.

The "Prankers" are seriously jacked mentally or something. I don't know what would drive someone to take advantage of another person that doesn't even realize what's going on. Way too many kids with autism get treated like absolute shit by their so called "peers" it's disgusting.

kabel

W-what makes you so compelled to post something like that like I am so wrong to believe - however terrible this is - that it is indeed a prank?

"prank"

a practical joke or mischievous act.

"mischievous"

causing or intended to cause harm or trouble

I mean come on, not liking the actions that took place isn't valid grounds to classifying it as not a prank. It just makes it a horrible/tasteless prank. No need to act ashamed of me or whatever for believing so.

Well if you say it like that. It is a prank.

For me a prank is funny and harmless.

Being completely covered with with feces, urine, cigarette butts and spit is not a prank. It is a humiliation in the highest dimensions.

This is not a prank. It's not funny, it's seriously humiliating. I'm pretty sure if it happened to one of us and was posted on the internet, chances are, we wouldn't like it either.

Gamerloid

Talk about messed up in the head. Anyone who finds this funny is clearly beyond rationality. Sad group of teenagers.

Prank != deliberate harassment and assault.

No where in the definition implies that a prank can't also be something that can also be considered what you listed. I guess it's not that important. Main thing is that it was a terrible thing to do. This was always a pet peeve of mine because nothing other people suggest contradicts the definition of a prank. I'll refrain from making this a point in future topics since it never gets anywhere lol

jelly

Horrible. Hope the kids get seriously punished and their parents give them absolute hell they will never forget, no they're only kids passes on this one.

Seeing people take advantage of the mentally handicapped is one of the few things that makes me want to cause bodily harm to someone.

If I was witness to something like this none of those kids would have teeth.

I say they should have their heads shoved into a bucket with the same crap in it until they start gasping for some air and swallow a mouth full. And post it online.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
From what Ive heard from people I know in the area, these kids were all pretty much friends and this sort of Jackass-stunt was par for the course with them among each other. Just so happens the boy is mildly autistic or has some mild signs of being on the spectrum and his parents went ballistic when they found out about the prank. The kid didn't report it or anything since they were all boys.

Still gross but I don't know if it's torture or assault, but it's a much sexier news story when a bunch of bullies yanked an autistic kid who can't speak or function out of his house and poured shit and piss on him as a gag.

Most people with any social anxiety or autistic tendencies are rather naive. This shit can be quite damaging

I really hope someone in their same social group popped one of them in the face. Someotimes that's the only way assholes like that realize how out of line they are.

Kids these days take things too far. They know they are untouchable.

The offenders will at most get expelled. A week suspension is more likely.

There will not be any criminal charges filed.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
My Dad died of Shy Drager syndrome which is a ALS-like disease and he was thought to be an ALS patient, before his correct diagnosis. These kids are fucking dumbasses that need one hell of a wakeup. Disgusting behavior.

Finrod

Banned
To be fair, this could just as easily have worked on a non autistic kid. His supposed autism being brought up is completely unneccesary.

People here are heavily overreacting. Sure, the kids should be punished but some of these replies man..

Is it wrong that I started laughing when I got to "feces, urine, cigarette butts and spit"?

I know it's wrong. I know it's even more wrong because the kid is autistic.

But I cant help laughing out loud at imagining someone getting this concoction poured on them.

Lautaro

Is it wrong that I started laughing when I got to "feces, urine, cigarette butts and spit"?

But I cant help laughing out loud at imagining someone getting this concoction poured on them.

Of course, is wrong, you fucking idiot!

eot

Banned
No where in the definition implies that a prank can't also be something that can also be considered what you listed. I guess it's not that important. Main thing is that it was a terrible thing to do. This was always a pet peeve of mine because nothing other people suggest contradicts the definition of a prank. I'll refrain from making this a point in future topics since it never gets anywhere lol

Living languages aren't defined by dictionaries, they're defined by how they're spoken an interpreted. You can't use a dictionary like it's a legal document.

Rich!

Reminds me of how we all spat in my mates tea when he went to his locker back in sixth form. Of course, when he got back he knew something was up, we burst out laughing and he beat the shit out of us

Also when another one of us was having a piss in a cubicle, so we filled up a metal bin with water and threw it over the top. He chased us round the school with his pants half down.

Or when I got lured into the local park on the promise of sex with this girl and they appeared and handcuffed me to a bench

We never would have done anything like in the OP though, thats beyond any reason

goldenpp72

I didn't have an ounce of this level of cruelty when I was 6 years old, what the fuck possesses people to do this kind of stuff..

How the hell do you get this cruel? Is all that effort for a lark at this boy really worth it? This is fucking sad. I'm just hoping it's possible for that boy to recover from this. I also hope most of those kids will look back on their behavior with the disgust it warrants sooner rather than later in their lives.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.

Dumping feces, urine, and cigarette buds on anyone isn't funny, much less an autistic kid. Just imagining it makes me want to beat the shit out of the people responsible. But the reason shit like this goes down is partially because there are people like you to laugh at it.

So yes it is wrong.

Jesus, dude. This is exactly the kind of thinking that leads to this stuff happening...

"lol is it wrong??????!!!! loool"
grow the fuck up.

RevoDS

Fuck the school for not doing anything about it, they're every bit as big assholes as the kids.

As for them...my brother's autistic and if that were to happen to him, I'd personally make sure to create a special new category of living hell, just for them.

Fuck this story, I'm mad as hell just reading it

Sai-kun

Banned

i mean

yes

you answered your own question

Valhelm

contribute something
Give them life.

These turds aren't going to turn into anything good.

Well, we don't know that. I would bet that these kids don't think they really did anything wrong because they've taught each other that this autistic kid is less than human. They'd never dream of covering one of their friends in ash and shit, but they don't think it's as bad to treat an autistic kid that way.

It's the same mentality that causes so many normal people to want to hurt a minority, or why hundreds of thousands of people are willing to kill and rape as ISIS members. Once you start seeing somebody as inherently below you, harassment and violence become much less unthinkable.

From what Ive heard from people I know in the area, these kids were all pretty much friends and this sort of Jackass-stunt was par for the course with them among each other. Just so happens the boy is mildly autistic or has some mild signs of being on the spectrum and his parents went ballistic when they found out about the prank. The kid didn't report it or anything since they were all boys.

Still gross but I don't know if it's torture or assault, but it's a much sexier news story when a bunch of bullies yanked an autistic kid who can't speak or function out of his house and poured shit and piss on him as a gag.

This post needs more attention. Although this is still a stupid and terrible thing to do it does change the story a bit.

Samara

That is one hell of a sick twisted prank. I dont think he can be washed enough to forget about this smell.

Zukuu

Banned
Why mention he is autistic? That changes nothing on the matter really. I dunno, feels like click bait.

Sàmban

Banned
Among other reasons it's probably why he was bullied in the first place.

Some youtuber saying this was done to him as payback because he was actually the bully. Not that I believe it, but that would at least begin to explain why someone would even entertain the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom