• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drew Carey Offers $10K to Find Disgusting 'Ice-Bucket' Pranksters

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonMigs85

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...find-disgusting-ice-bucket-pranksters-n197891

A disgusting "Ice-Bucket Challenge" prank where some suburban Cleveland teens dumped urine and feces on an unsuspecting autistic 14-year-old boy has inspired comedian Drew Carey to offer $10,000 to help find the responsible culprits. The stomach-turning incident, which was captured on video, was first reported to police in Bay Village, on Wednesday. Police Chief Mark Spaetzel told the Cleveland Plain Dealer that it was "reprehensible ... that these kids would take advantage of a vulnerable teenager."

On Saturday, "Price Is Right" host Carey tweeted, "Horrendous. These kids should be arrested and expelled." He added in a second tweet, "If the Bay Village PD wants to start a reward fund to find who did this, contact me. I'll donate $10,000."

Bay Village police said charges would be brought as soon as they discover who was behind the prank. In a statement, the Bay Village School District said, "We ask our parents and our community members to be patient as we work to discover all the facts. This incident is, at present, a police matter. Please respect the privacy of all the minor children involved, both victim and suspected offenders."

Good on drew. This was such a disgusting and hazardous thing to do.

Loofy

Didnt they already find them?
http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/09/c...cket-on-autistic-kid-in-ice-bucket-challenge/
Ohio police officers have finally found the five punks, all between ages 14 and 17, who tricked a 15-year-old autistic kid into thinking he was doing the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, but instead filled the bucket with urine, feces and cigarette butts and posted to his Instagram.

The Bay Village Police Chief Mark Spaetze said they are not releasing the names yet because the investigation is still pending.

freddy

Banned

http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/...-village-ice-bucket-challenge-pranksters-idd/
CLEVELAND (AP) — An attorney for the family of an autistic teenager who had feces and bodily fluids dumped on him when he thought he was participating in the Ice Bucket Challenge said Monday that police know who the perpetrators are even as celebrities continue to offer reward money to find those involved.
yep

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
here some suburban Cleveland teens dumped urine and feces on an unsuspecting autistic 14-year-old boy

What the actual FUCK !! How can anyone be this cruel ?

sturmdogg

expulsion seems too lightweight for acting so viciously. but they are all under 18, so expulsion will have to do.

What? Expulsion is too easy. Surely we could come up with more creative forms of punishment?

1. Clean school toilets everyday until they graduate.
2. Have them do all the autistic kid's homework / school projects.
3. Have them go through the same "challenge" everyday for a week in front of the whole school.

Old....

As in they already found the kids and other celebrities like Mark Walberg have matched Drew's reward.

Seems ironic that Mark Wahlberg would put up anything for bullying, considering he was almost charged with attempted murder and a bunch of other felonious assaults as a youth IIRC.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I avoided that thread when it happened so I didn't know the story. Holy shit. It's literally Carrie, but worse and with someone even more vulnerable. I can't even. I hope they face very very very very tough penalties when they are found.

OnPoint

Seems ironic that Mark Wahlberg would put up anything for bullying, considering he was almost charged with attempted murder and a bunch of other felonious assaults as a youth IIRC.

That's the great thing about life. If you make a mistake, you're allowed to learn from it and grow as a person. You don't have to always be terrible if you don't want to.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I don't think they shuold be expelled. Maybe do some sort of extra school work or community service instead.

I want you to think again about the idea of kids knowingly and purposely dumping feces and urine on another kid like it's okay, and then say if extra school work or community service is still suitable enough for that.

Feces and urine.

Thaedolus

That's the great thing about life. If you make a mistake, you're allowed to learn from it and grow as a person. You don't have to always be terrible if you don't want to.

Get out of here with this nuanced and rational approach to evaluating a person. Pitch forks only, bitch!

aku:jiki

Man, fuck these punks. Expel them and ban them from all other schools. Condemn them to the ditch-digging careers they were always destined for regardless and save the money that would be wasted trying to educate them.

So what made any of them think this was a good idea?

Since those kinds seem to like shit so much maybe they should be given community service as flushers or something (and it should be posted onto instagram). Then again that seems a bit too front line and important for community service (they'll mess up or make it harder for the people actually working).

edit: this could easily derail the conversation and I really don't want to take focus away from the poor kid affected by those bullies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom