• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This really sickens me ... Autistic boy victim of cruel als challenge prank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it wrong that I started laughing when I got to "feces, urine, cigarette butts and spit"?

I know it's wrong. I know it's even more wrong because the kid is autistic.

But I cant help laughing out loud at imagining someone getting this concoction poured on them.

Not only is it wrong but I would say having that kind of reaction says a lot about you man.

This is a prank, no need to put it in quotations. Just because you don't like it
and yes it is a f****** terrible thing to do
doesn't mean it's not a prank.

What fucked up fraternity were you in where this is a prank to someone with a disability? This is disgusting and such an awful way to taint what is a challenge for a good cause, for you know... People with a disease/disability.

This is not a prank at all. This is just am asshole move to take advantage of someone who wouldn't have known better otherwise.

Fusebox

Banned
I reckon I was a real shit of a teen in hindsight, but I never even considered punking someone disabled. That's just fucked up.

I sentence each of those teens to one punch to the neck.

With brass knuckles on said fist pls.

This kind of behavior is absolutely sickening. I hope they are charged or seriously punished. Or both, honestly.

My heart aches thinking of what that kid must be feeling after being treated that way. Ugh.

Gamerloid

Is it wrong that I started laughing when I got to "feces, urine, cigarette butts and spit"?

But I cant help laughing out loud at imagining someone getting this concoction poured on them.

Yes it's wrong. When I got to that part, I was in disbelief that they'd go that far for some sick "prank." And yes, it's even more sad that this pathetic group of teenagers sank so low to pick on an autistic kid. I can't fathom why you find it funny imaging someone getting such a sick concoction poured on them. The idea of such a concoction alone is disgusting, and to think it's purpose is to dump it on someone. Sick.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

Are you kidding me? Even the mere thought of that disgusts me.

FOOTE

This is really sick. Holy crap this makes me mad.

I hope those little douche bags get the harshest penalties that they can get. Force them to do community service on the weekends at least.

Would you want feces, urine, cigarette butts and spit on you? OR maybe someone you cared about it?

The answer is pretty obvious, you don't want that, and you'll be pissed. You'll also probably not "eventually" laugh about this in the future either with your friends because its disgusting, embarrassing, rude, and actually not a prank at all.

I really don't know how this kind of things can even occur. I mean, what's the train of thought on these guys that think it's okay to pour a person with feces, urine, spit and shit, Let alone the fact that the kid is autistic?

God. Hope the kid doesn't develops any kind of trauma over this.

Paskil

Look, I understand that kids are fuckwads and they will do wild and crazy things, but there's a line that is not crossed. This act falls several state lines beyond that line. Maximum punishment should be given. This is just sick and disgusting and sad.

chadtwo

Sàmban;128774774 said:
Some youtuber saying this was done to him as payback because he was actually the bully. Not that I believe it, but that would at least begin to explain why someone would even entertain the idea.

Even if that's true, it's still just as fucked.

Okay, I know it's wrong. I would never do a thing nor would I have it wished upon anyone. If such a thing were to be done to me I would be extremely pissed off.

But I still find it funny. Minus the whole context.

I fear I may be a psychopath.

Fuck life. Seriously? God damn. Why do we decent people actually have to live with fucktards like these stupid kids? It makes me even more mad because my cousin has autism and if any shitbird does that to him? I WILL FUCK THEM UP.

To be sure, it's a nasty thing to do to a person, but I don't see why this should be a criminal matter. They're kids, not hardened criminals; they aren't menaces to civil society who need to be taken off the streets. This is a matter for the community (i.e., parents, the school, their church if applicable,) not the state.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
even tho i know it probably won't happen i hear things like this and I pray deep and hard that they all live normal shitty teenager lives and move on and try to change and be better and meet a girl and have a couple shitty stupid little kids and realize that they are actually barely hanging on in life. Go to night school... work REALLY hard... change themselves and work towards a better life for their whole family - hopes and dreams riding on finally landing the engineering job they've secretly been dreaming about since they were kids

And then the interviewer recognizes these fucksticks from this video and tells them to go stick a hot iron up his ass and to gtfo of his office.

Fuck these people entirely.

MIMIC

Banned
Drew Carey offers to help Bay Village Police find teens behind ice bucket prank
BAY VILLAGE, Ohio – Actor and comedian Drew Carey offered to help Bay Village police find the perpetrators behind a prank played on an autistic teenager.

Via Twitter, Carey said that if the police want to start a reward fund to find the people who organized the prank, he would donate $10,000 to it.

The 14-year-old boy's mother found a cell phone video of several Bay High School students dumping a bucket filled with urine and feces on her son in a twisted rendition of the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge.
http://www.cleveland.com/bay-village/index.ssf/2014/09/drew_carey_offers_to_help_bay.html

Amir0x

Banned
How demented you have to be to come up with this

when i was growing up there was this one time on the schoolbus when this girl started spitting into a jar. She passed it around and get everyone who wanted to on the bus to spit in the jar. The thing was nearly full with spit by the end of the ride.

She dumped it on the head of some loner who always kept to himself and never bothered anybody :(

Downhome

This is awful and whoever did it, all that took part, should absolutely be charged with a crime. I'm not even sure how that is a question.

Have you guys seen the story of the thieves who plotted and planned to steal a tablet from a couple with Cerebral Palsy, and it was all captured on video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKvwkjMqFfE

It's disgusting what sort of things some people will do.

Linsies

W-what makes you so compelled to post something like that like I am so wrong to believe - however terrible this is - that it is indeed a prank?

"prank"

a practical joke or mischievous act.

"mischievous"

causing or intended to cause harm or trouble

I mean come on, not liking the actions that took place isn't valid grounds to classifying it as not a prank. It just makes it a horrible/tasteless prank. No need to act ashamed of me or whatever for believing so.

Honestly, the definition of a prank means nothing in this situation. By the definition, kids throwing a rock off an overpass at a car is a prank, too. It doesn't mean the act isn't stupid, potentially harmful and seriously unnecessary.

With regard to those wondering why his autism is mentioned, I think it can add a lot to the story. I would be seriously pissed if someone did this to my son, who does not have autism. My anger would be on a completely different level if this was done to my nephew, who does have autism, and would be unable to even understand how/why this is a prank.

Either way, it's disgusting and the kids who did this need to be held responsible for what they did.

NEO0MJ

when i was growing up there was this one time on the schoolbus when this girl started spitting into a jar. She passed it around and get everyone who wanted to on the bus to spit in the jar. The thing was nearly full with spit by the end of the ride.

Tell me you didn't spit in the jar.

Ponn

Banned
Prank != deliberate harassment and assault.

Actually i'm not sure the original posters intention with the debate but I feel it is kind of important to label this as a prank because i'm positive thats what these kids, and others who pull similar shit are thinking. People who are the pranksters or bullying others rarely think they are taking it to far and that is the problem. No one begs to be pranked so yos pretty much all pranks are considered harassment. It's not that this incident was considered too awful to be considered a prank, it's more of people thinking pranks are harmless when in reality they are not and can be quite damaging to people. It's just another way for bullies to waive off accountability for their actions because "Dude, it was just a prank get thicker skin"

kamorra

Fuck Cancer

Depends. Are you in scat?

Okay, I know it's wrong. I would never do a thing nor would I have it wished upon anyone. If such a thing were to be done to me I would be extremely pissed off.

But I still find it funny. Minus the whole context.

I fear I may be a psychopath.

Ya think?

What charges can these people face? It's sick and horrific, but can they actually be charged with anything?

Assault (the apprehension of a battery), Battery (harmful and offensive contact), Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress, etc.

Lots of things, actually. Both criminal and civil. Gov't would file the criminal charges for jail time/punishment, and the kid or their family would file civil charges for money damages.

What fucked up fraternity were you in where this is a prank to someone with a disability? This is disgusting and such an awful way to taint what is a challenge for a good cause, for you know... People with a disease/disability.

This is not a prank at all. This is just am asshole move to take advantage of someone who wouldn't have known better otherwise.

Excuse me? Can you try to elaborate on how it's not? I'm not saying it's not a terrible thing to do, obviously, but that's completely besides the point. It's a terrible prank, it's that simple.

Honestly, the definition of a prank means nothing in this situation. By the definition, kids throwing a rock off an overpass at a car is a prank, too. It doesn't mean the act isn't stupid, potentially harmful and seriously unnecessary.

With regard to those wondering why his autism is mentioned, I think it can add a lot to the story. I would be seriously pissed if someone did this to my son, who does not have autism. My anger would be on a completely different level if this was done to my nephew, who does have autism, and would be unable to even understand how/why this is a prank.

Either way, it's disgusting and the kids who did this need to be held responsible for what they did.

That's not the same situation. This even a had an element of misleadingness, which pranks tend to have. It's just a terrible prank.

Living languages aren't defined by dictionaries, they're defined by how they're spoken an interpreted. You can't use a dictionary like it's a legal document.

Alright, but that doesn't mean this particular scenario can't be classified as a prank.

Skeyser

Sàmban;128774774 said:
Some youtuber saying this was done to him as payback because he was actually the bully. Not that I believe it, but that would at least begin to explain why someone would even entertain the idea.

youtube comments... somehow I don't see an autistic kid being the bully

Clearos

I know it is fighting fire with fire but they will just get a slap on the wrist and their record cleared when they are 18.

I say do the same to them but in front of the entire school and youtube. People do this stuff because there is no real punishment behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom