• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This thread is for stupid GAMING questions that don't deserve their own thread

seat

It depends on the title. We won't really know for sure, though you can look to company history for a good idea. Bethesda has a strong PC presence at retail so I'd bet on it being a few DVDs to install rather than just a steam key. Though you might have to download a day 1 patch that's hefty anyway.

If the Steam Preload is up early enough you might be better off just getting it digitally since we won't know for sure until closer to release.

Thanks, bud. I appreciate it.

M.D

Is the Dualshock 4 charging slower if you're using a USB port on PC? It seems like it takes forever to charge, even if the battery is at half

I haven't tried charging with the PS4 itself, so I dunno if it's same or what

PaulloDEC

Playing "The World Ends With You" on my Android tablet.

Here's my question: does the main character ever stop being an absolute douche cannon? I'm only about an hour in, but so far he's basically the living embodiment of that OW THE EDGE meme.

Here's my question: does the main character ever stop being an absolute douche cannon? I'm only about an hour in, but so far he's basically the living embodiment of that OW THE EDGE meme.

Yeah he does....there will be a bigger douche later on lol.

Corpekata

Banned

Yes. The game is not exactly endorsing his attitude at the start of the game.

Is the Dualshock 4 charging slower if you're using a USB port on PC? It seems like it takes forever to charge, even if the battery is at half

I haven't tried charging with the PS4 itself, so I dunno if it's same or what

PC USB ports have a significant lower power strength compared to the PS4 USB ports. Charging your stuff via PS4 is akin to charging via wall socket.

Apoc87

Banned
does anyone have the link to an old mvc2 tourney video where the japanese commentator screams "YIPES YIPES" very loudly when yipes wins

mclem

A slightly embellished "how long to beat", because it's in part tied to a pacing question as well:

I have Life Is Strange. I haven't yet played it.
I generally mostly play games at the weekends for 8-10 hours or so.
Life Is Strange episode 5 comes out later this month.

I enjoyed Alan Wake - which is in an episodic style, albeit not actually episodic in itself, but noted that I enjoyed it more when I didn't play episodes back-to-back, instead allowing time for them to sink in and so the gameplay didn't get too tired too quickly; in the end, I played it with a system of one episode per day, and that worked pretty well.

So: When should I start playing Life Is Strange such that Episode 5 will be available at the point I end Episode 4, and should I leave a gap between episodes for pacing purposes?

Tenebrous

When a game says "Press Any Key To Continue" am I the only person that hits random keys each time, just to make sure?

Page Up, Pause/Break, *... It always bloody works, too!

CPU 1.7-GHz i5-4210
RAM 8GB
GPU Nvidia GeForce GT 840M 2GB

Would GTA V run in a playable form on this?

No. Unless 720p/20fps on low settings is playable... (Just a guess). That CPU is going to hold it back so much, and the GPU isn't going to do much good, either.

When a game says "Press Any Key To Continue" am I the only person that hits random keys each time, just to make sure?

Page Up, Pause/Break, *... It always bloody works, too!

I do this on console and handheld. When it says Press Start I always try X, A, etc just to see. When it says press anything I consider that a challenge and hit dpad, bumpers, etc.

Wagram

Anyone else super pumped for Quantic Dream's next game? Really hoping it is a sequel to Beyond (with
Jodie fighting the apocalypse
) and does improve some things people didn't like about the first. Even if it's not a sequel sign me up for David Cage's next adventure.

thenexus6

So I had this problem a few weeks ago but it went back to normal. However now i'm experiencing it again. My screen is covered in tiny green flickering dots. At first I thought it was my monitor but after trying different screens and cables its definitely the console.
When it first happened I tried about six different HDMI cables then finally found one where the dots weren't appearing.

However just now I had my PC plugged into my monitor and when I plugged the PS4 back in the flickering appeared again. If I cycle through the different resolutions the dots seem to decrease (lower res - less dots)

http://i.imgur.com/TwxuFoL.jpg

I guess i'll try contacting sony, but i've had this since launch and it was a christmas gift from someone thats passed away now so not sure if they'll help me or not.

How frustrating..

Recall

Why did no one tell me off all the other wonderful mega man games available on the Wii U VC?

All the battle network games are on there :D

thenexus6

On PS4 normally when you've selected a game or app on the dashboard you can go down a level and see the game page, DLC items, communities etc. I can't do that on anything anymore?

Tenebrous

Best way to find/play Diablo & Warcraft II? I've got every other Blizzard game except those pair, and would love to get through them both.

AdanVC

Does someone from New York who is a Nintendo fan and visit the Nintendo World Store regularly knows the price of their t-shirts? My cousin is in NY right now and I would like to ask him to bring me some shirts from there but I just don't know the price to organize with dem monies. Thanks :)

I'm new to Android and I want to explore emulation. But not without a controller. I've got a 10 inch Lenovo tablet, what kind of options are there? Are there controllers that can physically connect to the tablet so I can hold it like a Wii U controller? That would be ideal but any controller will do.

There's no dedicated thread for asking what game to get over another, I think there should be, but I can't make one.

So what do I get, MGS V or Uncharted Trilogy? (PS4 for both)

Have you played the Uncharted games before? Are you a fan of the Metal Gear series? They're both great choices and you can't go wrong with either.

Here is another what should I get question:
I played less then an hour of Demon Souls when it first came out and now I wanna get into those games. Do I get DS2, Bloodborne or wait for DS3?

Here is another what should I get question:
I played less then an hour of Demon Souls when it first came out and now I wanna get into those games. Do I get DS2, Bloodborne or wait for DS3?

Go back and finish Demon's Souls and then play them all in release order! If you've got the time, that is.

Alebrije

Not gaming but does Picture in picture function on tvs is dead?

Have and old LCD and use the feature a lot , want a new tv but do not find one with PIP.

Not gaming but does Picture in picture function on tvs is dead?

Have and old LCD and use the feature a lot , want a new tv but do not find one with PIP.

PIP is pretty much a nonexistent feature on modern tvs. Not sure why but I would sure love it if someone made a 4k set with this feature.

I really don't want to use my PS3 anymore though.
Are Bloodborne/DS2 really that bad or newcomer unfriendlyt? I could go out of my way to set it up again, but I really would prefer not to.

They're all great games, so if you absolutely had to you'd be fine starting off with any one of them... but you should still play them all. Many people consider Demon's Souls and Dark Souls to be the best games in the series, so there's really no reason to skip those.

Anyone have problems with Steam in-home streaming? It abruptly stopped working. I've tried everything I can think of on my end, but now all I get are authorization errors, then a timed out waiting for stream to start error. It was working perfectly, and I don't know if a recent update borked it or what. I also tried updating to the beta client to see if that works or not and nothing.

Question about GTA San Andreas. Steam version got updated, with some songs getting cut. Did the PS2 classic on the Playstation store got the same treatment? Its currently on sale for $3.74 on the NA store and I'm thinking of getting it if its still the same old PS2 version without any content cut from the 2014 update that Steam version received.

Anyone ever have their PSN account locked from purchasing? I spent $50 this morning and now I'm trying to buy a couple things and it wont accept any of my cards or PayPal.

edit: Just bought a cdoe via Amazon for now.

Driw3r

Unconfirmed Member
How much publisher have power to decide what kind of trailer game have? I mean, if trailer is CGI or live action trailer, there was probably third party company who did that and publisher paid it. Who did the script, someone from publisher or story designer or who?

What if trailer is done by game engine, or gameplay trailer, did developer studio do it and publisher didn't have anything to say it?

I know there is no one answer, but in general, i would like to know how it goes.

Can I somehow link my PS4 wirelessly to my laptop and get files directly from the PS4 (my saved videos/screenshots etc)?

I know it can go the other way (play media files from a PC on PS4) but just want to get my recorded stuff to my computer without having to copy to a memory stick in between.

Cheers.

StoneFox

Anyone ever have their PSN account locked from purchasing? I spent $50 this morning and now I'm trying to buy a couple things and it wont accept any of my cards or PayPal.

Ever since the security breach, PSN has been known to be funky, and refuse completely legit cards and PayPal. Something unknown triggers the block. The only way around it is to buy pre-paid PSN cards or try more cards until it works. Sucks, but that's how it is.

Ever since the security breach, PSN has been known to be funky, and refuse completely legit cards and PayPal. Something unknown triggers the block. The only way around it is to buy pre-paid PSN cards or try more cards until it works. Sucks, but that's how it is.

That's disappointing. My card and PayPal were both working yesterday morning and now both won't. :

Dice//

Banned
If I know nothing about PC specs but want to know if I can play something on it, is there an easy way to check?

texore

I was able to find a good deal an SSD that I'm going to use as an external for my Xbox One. I was wondering is it possible to update the firmware over USB? If not could I do it via eSATA? My laptop has an eSATA port, I could use a SATA to eSATA cable?

How is Metal Slug 3 on PSN compared to the glorious M2 Metal Slug 2? The M2 Metal Slug 2 had options for overclocking to fix the slowdown issues the game had, and it had one of the only good scanline filters I've seen. Is Metal Slug 3 of that quality/by M2?

Sometimes when fighting a difficult boss, when you're trying over and over again, that last time you get lucky and the boss just never does the killer attacks. For whatever reason, they just stick to the basics or does the 1 move over and over, they get stuck, and you don't even really have to try that 1 time. You beat the boss and feel a bit puzzled but whatever, I finally beat him. I always say to myself "ah, the game took sympathy on me this time." This doesn't actually happen in most games or any, does it? I assume that you just honestly got lucky and in the random or programmed behavior, the AI just turned out to be easy that one time, unintentionally.

I'm also having issues with making any form of transaction on PSN. Seems to be a widespread problem at the moment, yet there hasn't been a word from Sony about it.

I've been recently thinking about Bioshock: Infinite and travelling on skyhooks. I have a question: were there any games which did something similar to this before, or was that Irrational's own invention? Are there any games which borrowed this from Infinite later?

Accoun

I've been recently thinking about Bioshock: Infinite and travelling on skyhooks. I have a question: were there any games which did something similar to this before, or was that Irrational's own invention? Are there any games which borrowed this from Infinite later?

Not sure. Might be a stretch (it's early and I'm still sleepy, haha), but first thing that comes to mind is the "Skitchin'" trick in Tony Hawk's games from 4 onwards. You grabbed a vehicle driving on a predefined road and let it pull you. Dunno if there was anything else.

cantona222

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption has a similar thing I guess.

mclem

Not sure. Might be a stretch (it's early and I'm still sleepy, haha), but first thing that comes to mind is the "Skitchin'" trick in Tony Hawk's games from 4 onwards. You grabbed a vehicle driving on a predefined road and let it pull you. Dunno if there was anything else.

Or indeed, the "Skitchin" trick from...

BU0JMZB.jpg

I've not played Bioshock Infinite; are we simply talking about attaching yourself to a moving object, or is there something more subtly specific to the Skyhooks?

Top Bottom