• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This time on sequel reveal week; MOTORSTORM 3

jmd494

I still maintain that the ONE thing MotorStorm needs is the ability to customize you're car.

Full control of paint, visual accessories, and performance enhancing add-ons. I loved the first two games but I lost incentive to continue half-way through each. Unlocking customizable parts would add some incentive (to me).

Justin Dailey said:
I still maintain that the ONE thing MotorStorm needs is the ability to customize you're car.

Full control of paint, visual accessories, and performance enhancing add-ons. I loved the first two games but I lost incentive to continue half-way through each. Unlocking customizable parts would add some incentive (to me).

You should try Arctic Edge on PS2/PSP :p

Hydrargyrus said:
WOW

I can't wait to see all those building crumbling in front of me.
I bet for that to modify the ways randomly... wow, sounds fantastic

Play Split/Second.... right now. I just got done playing and the second race was unbelievably amazing. I triggered a giant saucer topped skyscraper to crumble down onto the track taking out 2 racers and proceeded to drive THROUGH the building since it created an alterante route through the track and hit many jumps on my way back to the proper course. Again, that was just the second race...

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
raviolico said:
i`m still hoping for some WaterStorm. at least SF is is a prominent coast town.
so there is hope.

How about...
Wavestorm. Watercraft racing, supports the motion thing for people into that kind of thing.

Edit - Nevermind, it's called Move not Wave. I got my stupid controller names mixed up.
Still a good title, though.

harry4000uk said:
so what other known about exclusives does sony have left to reveal?

starhawk, twisted metal and what else?
Syphon Filter 5 is pretty likely as well.

EDIT: BTW nothing has leaked at all yet from Sony this year. Every single one of these titles was set for announcement pre-E3. MS3 was to be revealed this Friday I believe on that European site (Meristation I think?). Hell as far as I know we are still getting that preview, may even have video footage as well. Don't be surprised at all to see Resistance 3 be unveiled the week before E3. It seems Sony is doing sequel announcements every week leading up to E3. I'm assuming there are many reasons for doing this: to drive pre-E3 momentum, to highlight new IPs at the conference, to give every title fair media coverage, etc.

MrPliskin

Banned
MoonsaultSlayer said:
Play Split/Second.... right now. I just got done playing and the second race was unbelievably amazing. I triggered a giant saucer topped skyscraper to crumble down onto the track taking out 2 racers and proceeded to drive THROUGH the building since it created an alterante route through the track and hit many jumps on my way back to the proper course. Again, that was just the second race...
give it a few hours. The game will grow extremely stale. Worst racer this year.

lol wtf just discovered this... Euhmmm... i actually like the idea a lot. Graphics doesn't look very good on those screens but hey.. maybe it's the tv or something. In motion i guess it's gonna look very cool

beast786

Ninja-Matic said:
Hmmm... that doesn't look like MS, to me.

All MS games contain the same HUD - why change the 4th installment?

The graphics (while pix are not direct-feed) are far too jagged (you can count the steps) for a motorstorm game.

The camera angles aren't proper and inconsistent with previous games.

The name "San Fransisco" also doesn't fit for an MS game. Pacific Rift (hence the beaches, jungle, etc), Arctic Edge (hence the snow n stuffs). If there is a 3 and it is taking place in apocalyptic urban areas - then the title would reflect that - not "San Francisco".

Motorstorm 2 was called "Pacific Rift" - there was no "2" in the title. There was no "3" for Arctic Edge.

Unless it's been confirmed (if it has then ICK - too many unneeded changes, already) - I'm calling BS. Too much is inconsistent with the franchise. Not saying it can't change - but for these minute changes - it's stupid.

Doesn't look like a MS game to me.

There was a video interview in which the developers talked about how there next project is something they have never done before and its away from what they have done in past.

The video was during MS PR launch. Cant find it right now :(

bridegur

I really wish it could've been water-based. Out of all places I would have liked to see the series go, a colorless post-apocalyptic setting is at the very bottom of my list.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
Justin Dailey said:

That's cool, but I'd like to see them incorporate video playback of your race as well. Pretty much the same thing they do in photo mode, except now it's video. Once the video has been saved onto the hard drive it can be uploaded on the net.

thefil

Eh, I know it's only a few screenshots and all, but post-apocalyptic isn't what I want from my Motorstorm. I might have to pass on this one
mostly just disappointed it's not Wavestorm/Waterstorm

JaseMath

For God's sake, MS in a post-apocaliptic setting?! *sigh* I can't be the only one who wants this game to go back to basics and be more like the first game, right?

Salz01

JasonMCG said:
For God's sake, MS in a post-apocaliptic setting?! *sigh* I can't be the only one who wants this game to go back to basics and be more like the first game, right?

No, I'm there with you. I think the first one is the best one. The setting was awesome. Other than making it 'Wavestorm' I'm not super interested.

Orobi

4qmwsj.jpg

BeeDog

Logo looks like a mock-up, the 'S' in "Wasteland" isn't the same font as the 'S' in "MotorStorm." Same with the 'T'.

Stike

BeeDog said:
Logo looks like a mock-up, the 'S' in "Wasteland" isn't the same font as the 'S' in "MotorStorm." Same with the 'T'.
No, it is not the same font. Look at the details. Similar at best.

iceatcs

Stike said:
Looks like the CGI intro sequence? Or a still frame while loading - oh yes.
Obviously it is artwork, you can see the paint/drawing effect on some of the wave splashes.

mh I just realized why the MS Home space is an aircraft carrier, though that thing was probably also in the MS:pR intro. Nice touch to see how the Lunatics live between the MS games.
anyway, let's board destroyed SF/California :p

SolidusDave said:
mh I just realized why the MS Home space is an aircraft carrier, though that thing was probably also in the MS:pR intro. Nice touch to see how the Lunatics live between the MS games.
anyway, let's board destroyed SF/California :p

I'm sure it has probably already been mentioned but...

What if Motorstorm 3 is set after The Big One ? Lunatics Unites racing in what's left of California ? That could be awesome and famous locations could be found (or what's left of it) in SF, LA, or else.

Omiee

nofi said:

believe me insidegamer.nl is crecible like crazy, they rarely put rumors on their site and are realy professional group of guys that go to E3 and tgs every year

-PXG-

People actually confused the ghosting with 3D? Damnit GAF :lol

More Motorstorm is a good thing. I just got Fuel and digging the huuuuuuuuuuuuge ass open world. It would be nice if M3 did the same thing, just with an urban theme, instead of rural.

Omiee

That screen looks realy good, imagine the intro being them travelng on that boat from the old island pacific rift to san fransisco

Top Bottom