• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's cruisin' Japanese mag news (17 Oct~)

lsslave

Jew Gamer
I seriously had NO interest in SCL

DAMNIT!

Seriously... damn this... I need this game now... I LOVED Tales of Symphonia, it was actually my favorite console RPG last gen...

Sales +1

duckroll

FFCC WiiWare sounds great, although I'm sure tons of people will hate it. As expected from the staff, it's a very different game from the rest of the series. It's not even an action RPG at all. Instead it's a kingdom sim where you act as the little king and build your own little kingdom, and what you build influences what options the kingdom has.

There are adventurers from around the land who will venture out to defend the kingdom from invading monsters because the little king is too valuable to the people for them to risk letting him into combat. Meanwhile you have to provide support to ensure these adventures have the supplies they require to complete their missions. There's also talk about job changes and stuff for adventurers, so I think it's going to be a pretty solid game.

It's interesting to see S-E build the FFCC brand into different things. Overall the way I see FFCC, is that it's the more light hearted FF branding for a younger audience on Nintendo systems. since FFCC Wii is a single player action RPG, and FFCC WiiWare is a sim RPG, expectations shouldn't be in-line with the multiplayer focused action RPGs that FFCC GC and FFCC DS were.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
ethelred said:
I swear, you're the fucking creepiest poster this forum has ever known.
What makes it more sad is that he never acted like a fool to begin with. The smiley faces just seemed to pop up, people called him an idiot and he kept the boulder rolling down the hill to keep up with the jester role.

xcomp

Jonnyram said:
DS
Code Gears 6776
Dungeon Maker 9787
Code Geass show great but voice controlled game not so great. Dungeon Maker should be interesting. Cute graphics instead of the mature looking PSP style =P

Sagitario

Shouta said:
:lol @ Lloyd

Man, just had to go with him of all Tales characters. I swear, Guy from Abyss would've been a better match for this.

I'm guessing Namco is trying to appeal to the GameCube audience in the west (which is not exactly the same as the Wii) because both SCII and ToS sold a ton here...

Jonnyram

speedpop said:
What makes it more sad is that he never acted like a fool to begin with. The smiley faces just seemed to pop up, people called him an idiot and he kept the boulder rolling down the hill to keep up with the jester role.
If you've known him on other forums before GAF, you'll know he's been a jester since the beginning of time... RAWR.

ethelred said:
I swear, you're the fucking creepiest poster this forum has ever known.

16x16smileysadgi9.gif

Kyoufu

Elbrain said:
Not only lame but some one should send the hitman squad on those foos! :D

I wonder if GoW2 will sell more than 20k this time.

I have no idea how much it was in Japan, but the first one bombed over there

ant1532

Banned
:lol at Lloyd in SCL. But I won't lie... now I'm more interested lol.

White Knight looks ridiculous and probably looking to be one of the best games coming out next year. Damn I can't wait for it

farnham

Banned
As much as I loved Tales of Symphonia... Lloyd Irving was the most boring character ever (Kratos, Zelos and Collette -yes her voice acting was crappy whatever- saved the game.. )

And now he is in ToS 2 and SCL..?

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
If they REALLY want to boost sales, they should put Link in again too. :D

I wish they would put Kos-Mos in this one! <3

Nolan.

I'm probably in the minority but I absolutely dispise that long metal hook hanging between one of the knight's crotches as well as the overly sharp look they all have. I wonder how the knights work though. The game is looking great otherwise so can't wait to hear a date for it.

Jonnyram said:
Soul Calibur Legends
Wii / BanNam / 13 Dec
- Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia is in the game

WTF?! About bloody time we had a Tales of cameo in a SC game :D

Edit, just saw the scans: WTF @ Lloyd's new design?! They should've kept him celshaded!

Koomaster

What's up with the Mayo and Kittowny hate? Both are awesome!

And I agree that FFCC sounds like King's Story. I'll probably end up getting both tho. :)

I heard they put mayonnaise on pizza in Japan.

Lloyd looks fine to me. He looks like a Soul Calibur character. You guys didn't really expect big-headed cel-shaded Lloyd, in SC did you?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Lobster said:
That bikini slayer game looks good if not a bit weird..

hahahahah Oneechanbara is probably the worst and most tedious series ever made. Of course, previous installments were all Simple series, so you get a substantial enough price break to make up for it...

Tartar sauce is the worst sauce ever created by man.

DW6: Hey, they didn't screw up Sima Yi's design too much. Then again, it's hard to go worse than the dress he was wearing in DW5.

SCLegends: Lloyd... *eyeroll* The only Lloyd I care about is the one from FE7. Also, Maki is totally an original creative character and does not bear any resemblance to anyone else in the series. Uh-huh.

WKS: Looking good.

Lobster

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
hahahahah Oneechanbara is probably the worst and most tedious series ever made. Of course, previous installments were all Simple series, so you get a substantial enough price break to make up for it...

I meant in terms of graphics.

its amazing how much coverage FFIV gets...square...where the hell are the new games? I like FFIV and all...but damn...show us something new..!

Top Bottom