• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Famitsu news

Soul4ger

FoneBone said:
It's not. It was confirmed as a Wi-Fi title at E3.

That list that came out was a little dodgy, IMO. The only three confirmed Wi-Fi games were Tony Hawk, Mario Kart, and Animal Crossing. Nintendo posted that list, and nothing ever came of it after that. I remain skeptical.

monkeyrun

Jonnyram said:
DS:
Mario Kart DS (Dec 8 - US gets it first!)
The Sims 2 (Dec 8)
Mario & Luigi RPG 2 (Dec 29 - US gets first, again!)
Rainbow Island DS (Jan 5)
Gyakuten Saiban 4 [aka Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney] (2006)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Tales DS
Daikoukaijidai DS
Magical Vacation: When the 5 Stars Line Up
Metroid Prime Pinball
Metroid Prime Hunters Tournament
ASH
Wishroom
Kaitou Wario (kaitou = Mysterious Thief)
Custom Robo DS
English Training DS
Tingle RPG
Detect Hacker
Densetsu no Starfi 4
Puzzloop DS
Mario Basket 3 vs 3
Crossword
Jigsaw Puzzle
Sudoku
Bomberman Story
SD Gundam game
Stylebook series (Bandai)
Ocha Inu no Heya
San-X Dreamland
Dangerous Jiisan
Nobunaga's Ambition DS
Dracula
Yugioh
Tenchu
Vs. Puzzle Papi Inu Vector Wan!!
wtf ... these many DS game in one issue ?

Jonnyram

neo2046 said:
actually I have heard last month
Nintendo will have a big conference for Media and one for Retailers
Nintendo will show 100+ GC/GBA/NDS titles that schedule to be released coming months
I think the 100+ GC/GBA/NDS conference is mid-October though. Today's is just WiFi.

scola said:
mate.gif

Okay Nintendo.

You win.

I will purchase this so called "third pillar"

Actually that allignment is impossible. The king can't move himself into check nor leave himself in check, so you'll never have two pieces that can take the king at the same time.

neptunes

monkeyrun said:
wtf ... these many DS game in one issue ?
Some of them are simply announcements, and like Jonny said, not all of them came from famitsu. (there is a conference going on afterall)

polg

OMG DS FAMITSU SCANS GENERATE MORE HYPE THAN X05!

just being silly

these are awesome news. So there will be a conference or something about WiFi today? Jap or US?

argon

ratcliffja said:
Actually that allignment is impossible. The king can't move himself into check nor leave himself in check, so you'll never have two pieces that can take the king at the same time.

White had just moved the rook to checkmate (the only peice checking him). But I think the shown position is only possible if black purposefully wanted to lose the game. I guess Sony is just tired of playing?

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
ratcliffja said:
This is from a friend that is currently banded:
chess3fd.png

The DS list looks pretty cool, lots of nice titles and a few odd ones as well. At the very least it guarantees that I have stuff to play in '06 and beyond. That Taitos Memories title also looks hot, is it an exact replica of the console ones or are there any cool bonus games for portable owners similar to Namco Museum?

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
ratcliffja said:
not impossible if black is dumb. White king moves into place. Black king moves from G8 to H8. Rook moves from any space on E column to E8. checkmate.

It would not be a wise move but it is certainly possible.

TekunoRobby said:
Your friend can MS paint faster than I can type

Mihail

Banned
ratcliff, that's another king, and the king can't take the other king from 2 spaces away. Also, say hi to the RCB for me ;)

Are there really already 3 Phoenix Wright games in Japan?

Jonnyram

Mihail said:
Are there really already 3 Phoenix Wright games in Japan?
Yes... alll three came out for the GBA in the past few years. The DS game is a remake of the first GBA title, with an added episode.

Doube D

TekunoRobby said:
chess3fd.png

The DS list looks pretty cool, lots of nice titles and a few odd ones as well. At the very least it guarantees that I have stuff to play in '06 and beyond. That Taitos Memories title also looks hot, is it an exact replica of the console ones or are there any cool bonus games for portable owners similar to Namco Museum?

What does that chess drawing have to with the statement you quoted? The king didn't put himself in check. The player simply put the king in a very VERY bad spot (wrong move). He was then check mated. As was quoted, the king can't put itself in check. If it doesn't have any other move (besides being put in check), it would be a stale mate. :)

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Doube D said:
What does that chess drawing have to with the statement you quoted? The king didn't put himself in check. The player simply put the king in a very VERY bad spot (wrong move). He was then check mated. As was quoted, the king can't put itself in check. If it doesn't have any other move (besides being put in check), it would be a stale mate. :)
so umm... erm

Do you guys think Crystal Chronicals will have voice chat? A lot of the game play concepts would be dificult without it. [/desperate thread re-rail]

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Densetsu no Starfi 4
Densetsu no Starfi 4
Densetsu no Starfi 4
Densetsu no Starfi 4
Densetsu no Starfi 4

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The minute I see screens of this is the very minute I am absolutely 100% no-regrets sold on a Nintendo DS!

Custom Robo DS and a new Wario are only icing on the cake, and that's saying a hell of a lot.

Doube D said:
As was quoted, the king can't put itself in check. If it doesn't have any other move (besides being put in check), it would be a stale mate. :)
It's not a stalemate if the last move was made by the rook. thats called a checkmate, where the king is in check, and cannot move out of check ;)

anyway, no I don't think FFCC would have voice chat, sadly. At least going by what was said about the intentions of Nintendo at least, they are trying to limit that sort of thing mainly as a protection for "tender youngins", etc. But maybe that was just for in house Nintendo titles, and third parties will be free to do as they see fit. Hopefully the latter case, and SquareEnix isn't stupid, also.

Scrow said:
well as a gaming system at least...
1mt.jpg

Actually just kidding, I don't have any clue where iPod is going right now, I just happened to come acrros the thread rumoring video in iPods in the OT. Thought it was a tad funny.

And Jonny are you translating the info from the site yourself? I looked at it, and it also seems that ASH is being listed as coming from Nintendo, you may wanna double check though.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
ImNotLikeThem said:
anyway, no I don't think FFCC would have voice chat, sadly. At least going by what was said about the intentions of Nintendo at least, they are trying to limit that sort of thing mainly as a protection for "tender youngins", etc. But maybe that was just for in house Nintendo titles, and third parties will be free to do as they see fit. Hopefully the latter case, and SquareEnix isn't stupid, also.

Well nintendo is presenting two kinds of play options so far, matchmaking and friendslist. Perhaps friend list games could feature VC etc. it doesn't totally solve the issues they are concerned about, but at least it presents a sort of firewall, and allows those who wish to take advantage of the features to do so.

mutsu

Looks like DS is getting a Tales game, hope that it is something original, not just another port...

Magical Vacation, Mario & Luigi 2, Tales DS, Xenosaga, Baten Kaitos, Final Fantasy III... DS is the king platform for RPGs!

Rlan

Waiiiiit a fucking minute.

Mario Basket 3 vs 3? Aka Mario BASKETBALL?!

FFS!

Although if they can somehow create a game similar to Tiny Toons Acme All Stars Basketball and expand on it, I'll be all for it.

New Wario game, hopefully an action platformer. I love the Wariowares, but he needs to get back into action again :)

Kandinsky

JackFrost2012 said:
I have been telling people since it was announced that it was vaporware and doesn't actually exist and isn't being worked on but nooooo nobody believes me, and even now when I say that people tell me to STFU and it'll be announced soon.

Week after week passes and Square announces tons of new projects but no FFIIIDS.

OPEN YOUR EYES!

THERE IS NO FINAL FANTASY III DS!

Promise: FFV and FFVI will hit GBA before FFIII comes to the DS.

I refuse to believe :cry:

fr4nz

Dan said:
Densetsu no Starfi 4
Densetsu no Starfi 4
Densetsu no Starfi 4
Densetsu no Starfi 4
Densetsu no Starfi 4

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

+1

I totally love this serie ^________________________^

neo2046

Animal Crossing Wild World (Jp) - November 23
Mario Kart DS (Jp) - December 8
Mario Kart DS (US) - november 14

Animal Crossing Wild World (US) - December ??

cvxfreak

neo2046 said:

It's called Wild World in Japan?

mj1108

neo2046 said:

So we get Mario Kart first and in return JPN gets AC first.

Fair deal.

EDIT: NCL is releasing AC and Mario Kart in Japan 2 weeks apart. o_O

Master

Banned
Sudoku? I am so there. No joke.

I play the sudoku in the paper every day, and to be able to use handwriting recognition to play would be the shit.

Timen

Mario is driving a Kart
Mario is shooting hoops
Mario is appearing in too many games
Mario is owning the japanese market as we speak.

Top Bottom