• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This Week's Famitsu Thread: New Shining Force for DS

zoku88

icecream said:
Dancing Sword, the Shana games, the Haruhi games, the Nanatsuiro game...
Those last three don't count >.>

Never heard of the first tho :(

EDIT: Oh, those characters were in her first artbook. I always just assumed it was a book or something.

Shouta

TreIII said:
Shining Force...by Flight Plan?

Colored me interested. Flight Plan hasn't done anything that's really disappointed, so if any one could stand to give us a decent game, in my opinion, it's them.

On the other hand, they haven't really done a game that's insanely impressive either. They're a solid developer but they haven't really stepped up as much as they could.

zoku88

Shouta said:
On the other hand, they haven't really done a game that's insanely impressive either. They're a solid developer but they haven't really stepped up as much as they could.
But on the other hand, the Shining series has been far less than impressive as of late so they would definately be an improvement :D

(tho, apparently ducky likes the new Shining Force games so they might be decent?)

Wilsongt

Apparently, there is a Shining Force title in the works for the Wii. I looked at the scans, but I couldn't find anything about it in there... Can anyone give some sort of source or confirmation?

Shouta

zoku88 said:
But on the other hand, the Shining series has been far less than impressive as of late so they would definately be an improvement :D

(tho, apparently ducky likes the new Shining Force games so they might be decent?)

Neo and Exa are great games (although if you`re playing it in English, the dub is shit). They`re like an anime-esque Diablo although not quite as deep. Very fun though.

pgtl_10

Wilsongt said:
Apparently, there is a Shining Force title in the works for the Wii. I looked at the scans, but I couldn't find anything about it in there... Can anyone give some sort of source or confirmation?

An IGN member claims its real. That's all I know.

Shouta said:
Neo and Exa are great games (although if you`re playing it in English, the dub is shit). They`re like an anime-esque Diablo although not quite as deep. Very fun though.

I wouldn't know, Sega decided not to release them in Europe. I don't know why, if anything we deserve them more than the Americans for buying bucketloads of any shitty Sonic game they've crapped out over the last few years.

I've been replaying the first game on the VC and damn if it hasn't given a ravenous craving for a new one. Hopefully the DS one is alright. If there is to be a new console game I echo the sentiments I saw on the first page, that it would be awesome to see an SF SRPG using VC's canvas engine. Even with the not particularly fantastic sprites I find myself anticipating using a character again after they've been promoted, just to see what new upgraded look they have. I can only imagine SF style characters with the detail of the VC bunch.

However if it's Wii, then I can live with that, so long as Sega actually localise properly and fully this time.

zoku88

Shouta said:
I should prolly play a Diablo game sometime, I have no idea what the gameplay is. Is it like a roguelike?

Wilsongt

It basically plays like Record of Lodoss Wars on the Dreamcast. I'm not sure if you've ever played that...

But, no, it's not a roguelike.

zoku88

Wilsongt said:
It basically plays like Record of Lodoss Wars on the Dreamcast. I'm not sure if you've ever played that...

But, no, it's not a roguelike.
Oh yea, I've played it

I don't think I liked it very much though

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I was really sad to hear season 9 only has one more episode left, but the announcement of the 2nd game takes away the pain.

Tenbatsu said:
2r3xqiw.jpg

Animal Crossing Wii
Wii remote or Wiiremote + Nunchuk control options

Please can I have more informations about this game?
Motion controls confirmed for AC:CF? Please let me know, thank you.

bAsT.

Top Bottom