• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Thor: Ragnarok' Trailer Is Marvel and Disney's Most Watched Ever in 24 Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said it when IT broke these trailer records, there is something not right about the numbers or how its calculated. I'm sure Thor is going to do OK but it won't be breaking any records, probably about $700m worldwide.

Dr. Strange did about 700m.

There is no way Ragnarok is putting up those numbers. Hype for this one is real.

Roussow

I'm shocked they made the helmet work on screen, is it lifted for a more contemporary comic counterpart design? It looks outstanding.

Mokujin

Given that the 'it' trailer of all things broke some records, I feel like there must have been some FB/IG/Snapchat/Twitter/Youtube change in how videos were autoplayed/counted/targeted at people or something.

That was what I thought while reading threads title.

Still a great trailer though.

hobozero

the skux life has chosen thor

You're right!

UZlvNSn.jpg

bigJP

Movie seems really good but I'm not buying the views. Either they changed the way they count views or something funny is going on. Seems like everyday their is a new record

so you think that after GotG2, Spider-Man: HC and more HYPE'd trailers from Ragnarok, that it's only going to make $60M more than TDW.... worldwide?

jlaw ok.gif

It wouldn't surprise me. It will be the 5th film featuring Thor, fatigue sets in. 700-800m would be very good for this.

Harmen

Well, I am more hyped for Thor than any other superhero film at this moment.

No to less earth, road trip concept, director with a lot of potential, Thor seems to have more of a character, and amazing visuals. Villain looks epic as well but I am a bit wary given Marvel's track record of underutilizing them.

Yeah, I'm definitely seeing what Bobby Roberts and others were talking about, this has rapidly become a pretty meaningless metric.

Trailer was dope though.

Tobor

Would be crazy if it did.

Captain America outgrossed Batman and Superman which is kind of crazy, even with some big Avengers help. GotG 2 is being predicted to eclipse Wonder Woman's opening by a massive amount, which is even more crazy to think about. To have Thor go from being the most middling franchise in the MCU after 2 installments to having hype that appears to rival the hype for a Justice League film, with scale that could rival it as well, it's just nuts to think we are at this point with superhero movies.

If Ragnarok ends up outgrossing Justice League without the Avengers and RDJ, I think that would still be a total shocker. Hell, there is even a possibility that either GotG vol. 2 or Thor Ragnarok could end up beating an MCU Spider-Man. This is the first year of 3 MCU films in one year and I think all of them are big hitters but Thor and GotG are both sequels so all bets are off on how big they can be. Even Thor TDW's WW BO gross was not far off from the Amazing Spider-Man 2, it actually beat it domestically. Just think of how hard Marvel Studios is flexing on fools if Thor or GotG is outgrossing Justice League, Wonder Woman, and Spider-Man. It's still a big "if" but not implausible, which is insane to think it's even a possibility.

You're vastly underestimating the draw of Hulk, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom