• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thought of a GREAT idea for a movie...(about The Joker). Hear me out pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alienous

Please hear me out I'm not trolling...i'll bulletpoint it because people seem to read bulletpoints and it's easier to type for me. This will be the best thread i've ever created in 6 years here. I'm not high.

• It would start with Joker's childhood and detail how awful it was. Examples of this could be- abusive relationship with his parents... maybe he gets beat? maybe he gets molested (could be too much for a comic movie)? Family would definitely be poor and have no money. Joker was also picked on by other kids

Zack?

I'd actually be completely down for this movie as long as the Joker constantly asks questions about God and suffering and the film has at least one scene where he's meant to resemble Christ on the cross.

I would also add a four wall breaking sequence at the end where Joker does a "we're not so different you and I" speech while he looks into his mirror.

As long as there's a cool scene jammed in there where he looks at a computer and sees other DC villains doing stuff for no reason.

Ronin Ray

Sorry you lost me at origin movie. Joker is great because he has no origin. So unless your movie ends with him waking up and it was a dream or it's just the joker telling a story to a victim and the whole movie was a flashback that was a lie then I don't think it would work.

Also the Joker should never have a reason why he does what he does. No sad back story or any of that to justify his actions. The joker just does what he wants with no rhyme or reason it makes him great and unpredictable

shoreu

So pretty much this

vm1.gif

OP, allow me to be bluntly honest. If you're gonna do a straight up Joker origin story (which you probably shouldn't), it should at least be inventive and not the utterly generic story you just pitched.

So is it acceptable to just purposefully post shit threads in OT now? Fantastic, I'm off to prep my thread about how there should be a sequel to The Goonies called The Poonies, where all the remaining members of the cast get together 30 years later to discuss how little sex they got as a result of the film.

Not to make you feel bad OP, but I truly hope we never see a Joker origin movie happen.

Also, this really is your best thread in 6 years? And why the disclaimer that you're not high?

Burbeting

Banned
I still like the adaptation of Joker in The Dark Knight the most. He didn't have a backstory there, and I didn't feel like he needed one, either. He felt like the personification of chaos and insanity that lingers inside many people, which he tries to prove throughout the film. Having an origin story to that would kinda ruin the strangeness of it all.

I don't think I've ever read a single "You know what would be a GREAT movie idea???" post that has ever been anything other than bad. Pretty misleading tbh.

I'd be OK with a Joker origin story if it was a 30's or 40's style musical. Get me people who can dance really well, kind of an oddly sunny script, and I'll show up.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
For me the Joker is kinda like a horror movie. In that the less I know about him, the more interesting he is. When you 'see' the creepy thing in a horror movie, it is less scary than when you don't. Because your imagination goes further than what you are seeing. The unknown of you will, once you get to learn the Joker it loses a bit of that mystique.

Only 'Joker' movie we need now is a Flashpoint paradox movie. Martha (ha!) Wayne as the Joker and Thomas as Batman. Gimme.

JimiNutz

Banned
A film called The Joker should be 90 mins of R rated clown mayhem.

Should be 90 mins long, handheld camera style, starts with Joker opening his eyes and follows his life for a single day.

No origin, no context, no prior knowledge required. Just 90 mins of The Joker being The Joker and doing crazy shit.

Sorry OP but everything you said is really predictable. I honestly see no point in that movie. On the other hand, lots of movies are made on way worst ideas.

DedValve

Banned
The only way this would work is if some girl, lets just name her Harley Quinnette, is introduced to, lets call him, Theo Jokero, in a pass chancing.

Although I think the reference might go over peoples head so lets give Quinnette purple and red and have her laugh a lot and then at the end she writes her name x Theos name but it rains and the rain happens to dissolve some of the letters to reveal (spoilers)
HARLY QUINN X THE JOKER

Audiences won't know what fucked them.

vctor182

A film called The Joker should be 90 mins of R rated clown mayhem.

Should be 90 mins long, handheld camera style, starts with Joker opening his eyes and follows his life for a single day.

No origin, no context, no prior knowledge required. Just 90 mins of The Joker being The Joker and doing crazy shit.

Now this I like

BumRush

I'm with a lot of posters here in thinking that the mystique around joker is what makes him so fucking terrifying

Verelios

No, no, superior Joker's son died because of a sudden robbery driving her insane, becoming a megalomaniac psychopath hunted by her now Bat costumed Husband

The most interesting way, I think, to do a film about Joker's backstory is to make a film where none of the pieces line up, plotholes abound, the movie seems to forget things it said earlier or add things it never did. And then end it with Joker on the doctor's couch wrapping up the drawn out sob story he'd been giving Harley.

Yeah. Thia could be a fun idea and a smart ending.

Have him be the most unreliable narrator and things don't fit at all but you're stull entertained by his story.

Reminds me how Nymphomaniac's narrator's story was even called out on all the coincidences.

ACT 1

The JOKESMAN drives his JOKES CAR into the old abandoned Pagliacci Whoopie Cushion Factory.

JOKESMAN: Ha ha ha ha ha! I may be the Jokesman, but those goofy Gotham coppers are the real clowns!

He laughs as he pulls out a giant sack of money with dollar signs on it. Suddenly, a BAT THROWING STICK strikes the horrible harlequin on the hands, making him drop the ill gained loot.

???: Looks like I'll be having the last laugh, Jokesman!

It's BATFACE, hero of the oppressed and bane of the criminal underworld!

JOKESMAN: So you think, bat buffoon, but wait until my trained killer mockingbirds tear you to batty bits!

BATFACE: [fighting off deadly birds with his bat jitsu] Why, Jokesman!? With your keen mind and creativity, you could contribute so much to society! Instead you make a mockery of the law!

JOKESMAN: my parents beat me and I killed a shopkeeper with a hammer

BATFACE: wait what

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Joker origin story is a no no. And what exactly is the point of the movie? Joker isn't an anti hero and we already know that he goes off the deep end. It would be a depressing journey to watch on film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom