• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thoughts on the new playable characters in Borderlands 3?

Thoughts on the new playable characters in Borderlands 3?

• They seem much better than the characters in the past two games.

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • They seem a little better than the characters in the past two games.

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • They seem about as good as the characters in the past two games.

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • They seem a little worse than the characters in the past two games.

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • They seem much worse than the characters in the past two games.

Votes: 20 32.3%

• Total voters

LegendOfKage

Gold Member
The Siren character (Amara) is decidedly less attractive than the two previous Sirens. That a big negative for me.

I feel the same way. She seems very powerful, but overly serious and devoid of any sort of fun persona. Hopefully her character is better than her trailer suggests, but I'd say that for most of these character trailers.

With a personality and style closer to someone like Domino from Deadpool, she'd probably be my first choice.

desertdroog

If Fl4k is a they/them, then it includes both genders. Which means when I play Fl4k, I can call him a he, because I identify as 1/2 of his possible genders.

Really, Gearbox should have pushed the Legion aspect of a non-binary networked system, since Fl4k is a robot and can interface with anything digital, it can have a multitude of voices by nature of whatever OS or AI it interfaces with.

0's and 1's. <-- that's the definition of a binary based number system.

It's a robot/Droid/computer. Pushing a transgender identity on a mechanical object and shaming the game players who purchase the game to think otherwise is so dumb.

Last edited:

Mass Shift

They need more customizations so that we can put our own unique signatures on them. The skins aren't enough, we should be able to get different body models as well for them. Really mix it up.

CrisPy2019

With the Fl4k "they nonsense". Wouldn't it be "They has pets" instead of "They have pets"? It's still singular right?

I mean I can ignore that nonsense by saying "Fl4k has" and never mentioning the imaginary digital robots fake gender.... But if I am forced to say "have" instead of "has" I can't avoid that crap at all.

Would me saying "Fl4k has...." be... "wrong"?

TacosNSalsa

With the Fl4k "they nonsense". Wouldn't it be "They has pets" instead of "They have pets"? It's still singular right?

I mean I can ignore that nonsense by saying "Fl4k has" and never mentioning the imaginary digital robots fake gender.... But if I am forced to say "have" instead of "has" I can't avoid that crap at all.

Would me saying "Fl4k has...." be... "wrong"?
N44sUiK.gif

But seriously , Moze is the most fun for me cause I feel like I have a focus to reach for (EXPLOSIONS?) . I'm also playing as Zane and I haven't quite figured him out yet so I'm not sure what I'm going for . He seems to be really mobility based but I'm not sure how to build around that .

Top Bottom