• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thread of Independent, Limited and Region Specific Retail Releases

Carnby

Um...not trying to be a jinx, but Play-Asia just sold out of their Parappa English preorders. Should I be worried?

I'm thinking it didn't sell out rather it was removed from being available for preorder. The pice is listed as "N/A" and the status is "soon." Usually games that are sold out show the price but with a sold out status. I'm optimistic that it will pop back up on playasia.

Fantastic thread!

I just stumbled across this thread after a year of maintaining a personal spreadsheet of Xbox One physical releases across all territories. I’m going after a complete Xbox One set, so this thread will be very helpful with any I miss. In fact, on my first read of the list I had no idea that Geometry Wars 3 was released physically; so that went straight on my March pickup list!

I can add a little back to your fantastic list from my own. Though I’m sure everyone is more interested in indie titles thought to be download only, a lot of the region specific releases are sports games. Feel free to not add the sports games if you are not interested in tracking them.

I’m in Australia and as far as I know there is only one Australian region exclusive game (to be released this year): AFL Evolution (that’s Australian Football League).

Here are all the Xbox One games I can add:
• Goat Simulator: The Bundle (European release, March 4, 2016).
• Don Bradman Cricket (European/Australian release, Feb 11, 2015).
• Handball 16 (European release, Nov 27 1015)
• Hasbro Family Fun Pack (European/Australian version includes 'Boggle' and not 'Scrabble') (Oct 20, 2015).
• Rugby World Cup 2015 (European/Australian release, Sep 4, 2015).
• Rugby League Live 3 (European/Australian release, Sep 10, 2015).
• Tour de France 2015 (European/Australian release, Jun 18, 2015).
• Don Bradman Cricket 17 (European/Australian release, Dec 15, 2016).
• Hasbro Family Fun Pack Conquest Edition (Not released outside of North America) (Nov 15, 2016)
• Rugby Challenge 3 (European/Australian release, Apr 22, 2016).
• Tour de France 2016 (European/Australian release, Jun 16, 2016).
• Handball 17 (European release, Nov 11, 2016).
• AFL Evolution (Australian upcoming release, Coming 2017).

Thanks again, I’ll keep contributing when I can!

Zaventem

Ooooh. The Japanese PS4 physical release of Hyper Light Drifter has an amazing cover by Yusuke Kozaki, 26-page color manual, and fold-out map:

img9971_02.jpg

Edit: Releases 5/25, published by Playism.

holy shit day 1.

I'm thinking it didn't sell out rather it was removed from being available for preorder. The pice is listed as "N/A" and the status is "soon." Usually games that are sold out show the price but with a sold out status. I'm optimistic that it will pop back up on playasia.

This is the message I get:

"This is a product with limited availability and our allocations have been presold. If you have preordered this item, your order has usually been confirmed. If you plan to purchase this item, please check back on the item's release date for possible restock."

http://www.play-asia.com/parappa-the-rapper-english/13/70b1rt

But still, I really hope you're right with restock, or that Sony announces a limited US/EU release.

Zaventem

Also can someone tell me the difference between the two versions of Hyper Light Drifter on amazon jp?? google translate say something about wallpaper, if that's all the more expensive version is giving i might as well go with the cheap one.

Semoreh

HeavyArm U-Store is last I checked. Never ordered from them myself but have heard good things from folk in the Vita thread about the store.

https://twitter.com/HeavyArm_Store/status/844921708205133824

They recently said on Twitter they're out of stock for I Am Setsuna ASIA (at least for now).
They often restock so I'd keep an eye out though !

That Hyper Light Drifter looks neat.

FDG Entertainment is teasing a potential Switch retail Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom. Wait and see.
https://twitter.com/FDG_Games/status/844948632700948480

Radiant Historia Remake going to be released physically on 3DS at least in Japan June 29th
http://personacentral.com/first-radiant-historia-perfect-chronology-high-res-famitsu-scans/
http://personacentral.com/radiant-historia-perfect-chronology-box-art-revealed-new-screenshots/

Oh, and after testing the BlueRider's demo I ended up cancelling my preorder. I hope I won't regret it ^^

Semoreh

that's just a regular game release only announced for one region anyway. don't think it really belongs here.

This thread is also for Region Specific Games ;)
I agree we don't know if down the line it will be released elsewhere, but we still should keep an eye on it. The original Radiant Historia wasn't released in Europe.

TheMoon

This thread is also for Region Specific Games ;)
I agree we don't know if down the line it will be released elsewhere, but we still should keep an eye on it. The original Radiant Historia wasn't released in Europe.

region-specific retails releases, yea. region-exclusives is not how I understood this or we now need to resort to covering a whole bunch of JP-only games and that's a rabbit hole that is way too deep.

region-specific retails releases, yea. region-exclusives is not how I understood this or we now need to resort to covering a whole bunch of JP-only games and that's a rabbit hole that is way too deep.

Rule of thumb I try to follow is to limit Japan-only titles to ones that are import friendly, language-wise, if they aren't a downloadable release physically exclusive to that region.

Semoreh

Yeah, it shouldn't be added to the spreadsheet just yet. Just saying it may end up being released in the US and then we'd need to add it. If it ends up being released everywhere, well, we wouldn't need to.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Also can someone tell me the difference between the two versions of Hyper Light Drifter on amazon jp?? google translate say something about wallpaper, if that's all the more expensive version is giving i might as well go with the cheap one.

The more expensive version comes with an exclusive amazon.co.jp-only bonus...

...which is a Hyper Light Drifter PS4 wallpaper image that will be e-mailed to you when your physical game ships. It's not specifically stated, but I'm guessing it will be the amazing new Japanese box art. I dunno if it's worth the extra $3 US or so though.

Someone wrote that there's just a download code for the game in the box though :/

Sorry, I was referring to the iam8bit special edition. The Japanese PS4 Hyper Light Drifter is on a disc.

I'm totally gonna get the JP version of Hyper Light Drifter. Apparently odering from Amazon.co.jp has gotten a lot easier, faster and cheaper. Do I have to create a new Amazon account or can I use my US one?

Aokage

I'm totally gonna get the JP version of Hyper Light Drifter. Apparently odering from Amazon.co.jp has gotten a lot easier, faster and cheaper. Do I have to create a new Amazon account or can I use my US one?

You can use your US account. It's sooo easy these days.

Aokage

On Amazon JP? No, these are separate from the interchangeable US/CA/DE/UK/FR/ES accounts.

Oh, is that so? My mistake! I've had the same mail address/password on amazon.co.jp and amazon.com for over ten years, I guess I always assumed they were interchangeable.

Since moving back from Japan, amazon.co.jp has been very useful. As long as your game is being fulfilled by Amazon itself, they'll ship to the US. I don't know about EU or elsewhere, though.

TheMoon

Oh, is that so? My mistake! I've had the same mail address/password on amazon.co.jp and amazon.com for over ten years, I guess I always assumed they were interchangeable.

Since moving back from Japan, amazon.co.jp has been very useful. As long as your game is being fulfilled by Amazon itself, they'll ship to the US. I don't know about EU or elsewhere, though.

Same for EU, shipping wise. You can have the same email, etc but you need to manually create a JP account for it whereas you can just log into the other Western sites with one you made on only one of them.

Jimm

I can't find on the link to Hyper Light Drifter or the Play Asia page where it says it's in English. Am I missing something or is it just the same build of the game?

Carnby

This is the message I get:

"This is a product with limited availability and our allocations have been presold. If you have preordered this item, your order has usually been confirmed. If you plan to purchase this item, please check back on the item's release date for possible restock."

http://www.play-asia.com/parappa-the-rapper-english/13/70b1rt

But still, I really hope you're right with restock, or that Sony announces a limited US/EU release.

What's really strange is the English version is no where to be found in the aftermarket. Not on eBay and not on Amazon. I'm starting to wonder if the English retail version is actually being released.

On the potential of Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap getting a physical release.

T6Nfgic.png

Think I'm going to wait it out and see what news we get in the next couple months.

Dwayne

What's really strange is the English version is no where to be found in the aftermarket. Not on eBay and not on Amazon. I'm starting to wonder if the English retail version is actually being released.

It doesn't come out until next week, so I guess that's not surprising?

hawk2025

iam8bit is also releasing PS4 copies of Hyper Light Drifter (not the previously released collector's edition).

https://store.iam8bit.com/collectio...roducts/hyper-light-drifter-ps4-physical-game

Wow.

I'm thoroughly impressed. It's done, ready to ship, has a reversible foiled cover, a full manual, a map, and is $30.

I'm in. Let's see if it delivers. This is what I want to see from them in the future. Surprise and delight people, don't constantly disappoint with delays and "manga-style cover" blatant lies.

emb

iam8bit is also releasing PS4 copies of Hyper Light Drifter (not the previously released collector's edition).

https://store.iam8bit.com/collectio...roducts/hyper-light-drifter-ps4-physical-game
iam8bit said:
SURPRISE!!
SHIPPING STARTS MONDAY!!
Lol, we will see.

On the potential of Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap getting a physical release.

Think I'm going to wait it out and see what news we get in the next couple months.
Could have sworn I already heard about this getting a release? Is there another Wonder Boy game coming out? Edit: Nvm, that was 'Monster Boy' and nothing confirmed.

Wow.

I'm thoroughly impressed. It's done, ready to ship, has a reversible foiled cover, a full manual, a map, and is $30.

I'm in. Let's see if it delivers. This is what I want to see from them in the future. Surprise and delight people, don't constantly disappoint with delays and "manga-style cover" blatant lies.
Just ordered it as well. Beside the delays with their Rez release I haven't had any issues with iam8bit.

Originally Posted by iam8bit

SURPRISE!!
SHIPPING STARTS MONDAY!!
Lol, we will see.
Maybe it's an April Fools' Day prank :)

Weevilone

I just realized I never submitted my code for the Rez Infinite cover replacement. I wish they had just sent covers to the people that ordered the damn game.

They e-mailed Jan 19 and it says the cutoff was Feb 5.

Top Bottom