• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thread of Independent, Limited and Region Specific Retail Releases

IrishNinja

^i don't get it, it's coming to WU somehow?

On the potential of Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap getting a physical release.

T6Nfgic.png

Think I'm going to wait it out and see what news we get in the next couple months.

Same. I would love a physical release of this

strong +1 here, would double dip

On-top of Cave Story getting announced today we also had 4 LRG titles revealed.

Ys Origin, Risk of Rain, Mutant Mudds Deluxe and Mutant Mudds Super Challenge all on PS4/Vita.

Headup Games is apparently putting in some work. All of these popped up on Amazon Germany for PS4:

Missed this the first time around. Thanks!

Jimm

These were released in Australia too. Pretty sure there are standard PAL EU copies around too. Cool to have for those not wanting to buy the trilogy in one go. I work retail atm and actually have sold a few standalone releases.

Finally snagged Chaos;Child on XB1 for $20 over the weekend. It usually goes for around $70 at least so I'm happy. Just came in and is in great condition

Bog

Junior Ace
Is Parappa PS4 only in English with the Asia version, or is the JP version in English too?

Zaventem

^thanks a ton, god damn i guess i'll go with this version if the jp one doesn't have a reversible cover. I'm actually thinking about buying the japanese version because i love both so much.

So, I think that this post is appropriate for this thread.

It may be worth, in my opinion, getting a copy of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan physically soon. The game is no longer owned, supported or printed by Activision -- since they lose the rights for that license early this year.

For some reason, I can see it being one of those games that will be considered rare -- since you can't even get it digitally anymore (except for the Hong Kong store).

meppi

Something else I missed from this month is Has-Been Heroes by Frozenbyte and published by GameTrust (GameStop's publishing arm). Looks like we only have North American release info so far.

141821brp.jpg
141822brp.jpg
141704brp.jpg

Sorry for the bump if this doesn't mean anything, but I just bought a European copy from Italy.
Haven't been able to find any kind of release data for this in Europe besides a seemingly limited release in Italy. Although the back of the box is in English and French as well...

http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/252848179812?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Sorry for the bump if this doesn't mean anything, but I just bought a European copy from Italy.
Haven't been able to find any kind of release data for this in Europe besides a seemingly limited release in Italy. Although the back of the box is in English and French as well...

http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/252848179812?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I think every Euro country that has GameStop stores will get a release.

E.g. Sweden: https://www.gamestop.se/SearchResult/QuickSearch?q=has-been+heroes

GameTrust is the publishing branch of GameStop.

Semoreh

Ah, a Gamestop Exclusive? That makes a ton more sense. :)

Yeah I saw these in France in ou Micromanias (which are Gamestop-owned)

By the way, I've checked Iam8bit's HLD inventory and they seem to be down to less than a thousand units. Pretty impressive how fast and smoothly they unloaded 8000 units. It's not "LRG fast" but it bodes well for future releases from them.

Zaventem

By the way, I've checked Iam8bit's HLD inventory and they seem to be down to less than a thousand units. Pretty impressive how fast and smoothly they unloaded 8000 units. It's not "LRG fast" but it bodes well for future releases from them.

There's an inventory checker for their site?

Clive

Thanks for posting that. Been postponing it because of that painful $18.50 shipping for a single game to Canada but I pulled the trigger.

Weevilone

Thanks for the heads up about Has Been Heroes. I was able to get a Switch copy new (not even gutted!) at a local Gamestop. They had my held copy and 1 more left.

So that Uncanny Valley from Signature Games is sold out right?
I see it listed as coming soon, does that imply they are getting more in stock?

Sorry if this was already answered.

So, I think that this post is appropriate for this thread.

It may be worth, in my opinion, getting a copy of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan physically soon. The game is no longer owned, supported or printed by Activision -- since they lose the rights for that license early this year.

For some reason, I can see it being one of those games that will be considered rare -- since you can't even get it digitally anymore (except for the Hong Kong store).

Was this game generally positive impressions/reviews?

Clive

Was this game generally positive impressions/reviews?

Far from it. I can see it getting somewhat sought after though since it's from Platinum Games and also likely had a very small print run and a very early delisting. Feels like something you buy either as a collectible, as a Turtles fan or a massive Platinum Games fan who believes they can do no wrong.

Beamerjld

Neo Member
Just a Heads up, the pre-orders for Yakuza Kiwami are up...

"and all North American pre-orders/launch copies will include a special SteelBook while supplies last."

Top Bottom