• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Three new titles in Capcom leak

I wonder if Broken Horizon is Lost Planet 4 or a new series set in the Lost Planet universe.

Lost Planet 3 had a good story and I liked it.

ChouGoku

Where the fuck is Deep Down???
full

wildfire

Banned
Don't really play online or co-op so the middle one probably wouldn't be for me, but Knights and Lost Star sound really cool from the bullet points, if real.

From the bullet points Lost Star sounds like a merger of No Man's Sky with Mass Effect.

This is way beyond their league.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
That star field is a stock image. Doesn't mean it's not concept art (people draw from stock images all the time in making concept art), but does mean that I would apply extreme skepticism to it.

Edit: Addressed a few pages back.

Damn, came into this thread hoping for the Holy Trinity, y'all. Dino Crisis, DMC, and Dragon's Dogma. But, all I got was itsfuckingnothing.gif. :/ Also, these really don't seem like the type of projects Capcom would greenlight nowadays. They seem kinda risky and experimental (I guess you could argue that RE7 was risky, but first-person horror games are quite popular now, so it probably wasn't all that much of a risk, really), and they also feel very Western flavored. I'm pretty sure they said they were done outsourcing stuff awhile ago, and the only Western Capcom studio I know is Vancouver, so yeah, not really sure what to make of this, tbh.

That's what makes me not believe this. If anything, they said they wanted to revive more IPs rather than maker new ones. As long as Itsuno is doing God's work and making DMC5 they can do whatever they want lol.

Icolin

Banned
I feel like knights is a remade deep down

Yep; the synopsis sounds familiar to Deep Down.

So it's basically Deep Down revived, a new Lost Planet, and some new Mass Effect esque IP (probably done by a western studio IMO). Sounds good to me, as long as they still have DMC5 or whatever Itsuno's working on in development in addition to these 3 games.

TreIII

Knights sounds like (another?) Capcom attempt at a Souls-like type of action game, to me.

Could be very interesting, if legit!

Jawmuncher

I think all of these sound pretty uninteresting. But that's just going off the pitches.
I need to see these to actually be interested.

Kid Heart

That Broken Horizon sounds like Lost Planet, it has T-eng in the description.

That's what I'm thinking as well, which is great since I need more mech and grappling hook action in my life.

Also, Knights of Aegis has a pretty cool premise, so I'm hoping to see more of that soon.

Knights of Aegis definitely seems like a retooled Deep Down, and Broken Horizon is definitely Lost Planet. The third one makes me the most skeptical, seems unlikely for modern Capcom, but who knows.

Sesha

I recall Capcom saying that 20% of all development will be for new IPs, although I don't think that claim came with a guaranteed that those new IPs would actually release.

No DMC5 lol

RE7, DR4 and others didn't leak early either. Capcom games rarely leak months or years before the announcement. This would be a very unique case if real.

Can't we just let DMC die?

lmao no

If these are legit and Capcom is making 3 new big titles, then who the fuck remains at that company to work on DMC5!?

Capcom employs well over 1000 people. Never mind that the teams for these might be skeleton crews.

Jawmuncher

I have a feeling this is a legitimate leak.
However not all 3 of these games are being made. Since like anything games get cancelled that we never hear about all the time. So that could be the case here as well.

The first two sound like they would be perfect for Switch. The first game sounds like it would work well with the joycons. The later one sounds like it would work well with the portability aspect. Last one is probably Lost Planet. As others noted this sounds like stuff Capcom was releasing in 2008-2012. Unless a console publisher is funding development for some of these titles, I'd be surprised to see them do these kind of games on their own. Perhaps Nintendo secured another Capcom 5.

Capcom employs well over 1000 people. Never mind that the teams for these might be skeleton crews.
Said the same thing in the temporary community thread [side note]
(we are never making an actual one)

If even two of these games are big console titles then that means Capcom is developing 4 big budget console games (2 from here + MvC:I + REmake 2) in addition to supporting some of their other games like RE7 and SFV. I just don't think Capcom has enough resources to support a 5th big project, if these leaks are true.

Fingers crossed that at least two of these are bullshit or just mobile.

Icolin

Banned

If even two of these games are big console titles then that means Capcom is developing 4 big budget console games (2 from here + MvC:I + REmake 2) in addition to supporting some of their other games like RE7 and SFV. I just don't think Capcom has enough resources to support a 5th big project, if these leaks are true.

Fingers crossed that they are bullshit or just mobile.

They could get help from Sony like SFV I guess.

Some Nobody

Fingers crossed that at least two of these are bullshit or just mobile.

Forgot about DMC5, which is almost definitely a real thing being made. So you're talking about 3 major projects in development already PLUS these three. Only way this is possible is if they're weird co-developed things, or phone games.

All of them sound boss. I call fake for that reason alone.

Funny how that works, isn't it?

DMONKUMA

That would work for Capcom, but would Sony even want to invest in them after SFV?

Idk but they did make the push to have Resident Evil 7 VR exclusive for a year.

They've been buddying with Capcom this gen to the point of having them announce their games at the Sony events and even have some type of exclusivity with them.

Forgot about DMC5, which is almost definitely a real thing being made. So you're talking about 3 major projects in development already PLUS these three. Only way this is possible is if they're weird co-developed things, or phone games.
What's the third one? RE8/spin-off?

Oh, and I agree. Some of these have to be either mobile or some sort of collaborative/exclusive deals.
Idk but they did make the push to have Resident Evil 7 VR exclusive for a year.

They've been buddying with Capcom this gen to the point of having them announce their games at the Sony events and even have some type of exclusivity with them.
VR thing kinda make sense and a new mainline RE is pretty much a surefire bet when it comes to garnering attention. But new IPs or DMC? I'm not so sure.

DMONKUMA

VR thing kinda make sense and a new mainline RE is pretty much a surefire bet when it comes to garnering attention. But new IPs or DMC? I'm not so sure.

They tried with Deep Down, but that's not really anything to show I guess.

Also I imagine Sony just does whatever they want as they had a kickstarter for a game in one of their conferences and they are helping Kojima out with his next game(Big time). They might not be the same in scale but if they want Sony could and can take a risk with Capcom again.

I hope Broken Horizon if it is being developed goes back to the team that worked on Last Planet 2. LP2 was really unique and is a great co-op experience, they did so many unusual design decisions that set it apart from the competitiion, that it pretty much turned off people who didn't "get it" and try to experiment with the stuff they gave you. I knew some people are got lost at many points with stuff like the train gun since it required multiple steps and cooperation to take advantage of it. I want to see what new ideas they can come up with if they get another shot.

Top Bottom