• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Three new U.S. Wii U commercials

They should have dropped "Wii" completely as to not confuse. A name shouldn't be that important, but I feel Nintendo's latest console is getting shortchanged because of it.

Exactly. Sticking with the Wii name was one of the biggest mistakes for this. Hell, they could have even called it the Nintendo U if they wanted.

Hazelhurst

Exactly. Sticking with the Wii name was one of the biggest mistakes for this. Hell, they could have even called it the Nintendo U if they wanted.

Yes, Nintendo U would be much easier to market. I don't think it's too late to drop Wii from the name.

Nintendo U would be a lot easier to advertise and marketm

Yes, Nintendo U would be much easier to market. I don't think it's too late to drop Wii from the name.

I completely agree, and it would kind of take it back to the old days a little bit. The NES was simply called the Nintendo. The SNES was the Super Nintendo, then there was the Nintendo 60. Really after that, people kind of dropped "Nintendo" from the name, just calling it the Gamecube and the Wii. The Nintendo U would tell people that:

1) It is most certainly a new console and
2) It would break it away from the Wii name, which would confuse people less.

I hope people who said wiiu isn't selling because there are no commercials are satisfied with these.

The real problem is there are hardly any worthwhile games.

That's not far from how we play the WiiU here at home. It's our fun machine (allready). Playing NSMBU with my girlfriend and 5 year old son was great great fun. Now we're playing Lego City: Undercover.

Top Bottom