• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Three Wolf Moon T-Shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.

clav

I have never heard anything about this shirt until my friend told me about it the other day.

Apparently this shirt has been a top seller on Amazon for quite a bit of time now.

Here's the shirt:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000NZW3KC/?tag=neogaf0e-20

What has made it special was the first review that appeared on it.

This item has wolves on it which makes it intrinsically sweet and worth 5 stars by itself, but once I tried it on, that's when the magic happened. After checking to ensure that the shirt would properly cover my girth, I walked from my trailer to Wal-mart with the shirt on and was immediately approached by women. The women knew from the wolves on my shirt that I, like a wolf, am a mysterious loner who knows how to 'howl at the moon' from time to time (if you catch my drift!). The women that approached me wanted to know if I would be their boyfriend and/or give them money for something they called mehth. I told them no, because they didn't have enough teeth, and frankly a man with a wolf-shirt shouldn't settle for the first thing that comes to him.

I arrived at Wal-mart, mounted my courtesy-scooter (walking is such a drag!) sitting side saddle so that my wolves would show. While I was browsing tube socks, I could hear aroused asthmatic breathing behind me. I turned around to see a slightly sweaty dream in sweatpants and flip-flops standing there. She told me she liked the wolves on my shirt, I told her I wanted to howl at her moon. She offered me a swig from her mountain dew, and I drove my scooter, with her shuffling along side out the door and into the rest of our lives. Thank you wolf shirt.

Pros: Fits my girthy frame, has wolves on it, attracts women
Cons: Only 3 wolves (could probably use a few more on the 'guns'), cannot see wolves when sitting with arms crossed, wolves would have been better if they glowed in the dark.

Ever since then, it's been popular.

Here's a news article in the Chicago Tribune:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/columnists/chi-talk_3wolfmoonmay20,0,7693470.column

Three Wolf Moon T-shirt inspires wave of snarkiness on Amazon product reviews -- and sales skyrocket

How gut-busting customer reviews can help take a product to the top of the sales charts

The pros of Three Wolf Moon, according to the Amazon reviewer who turned the accurately titled T-shirt into an ironic Internet phenomenon, are these: "Fits my girthy frame, has wolves on it, attracts women."

The cons? "Only 3 wolves ... cannot see wolves when sitting with arms crossed, wolves would have been better if they glowed in the dark."

Somehow that posting, in November, started circulating around the Net. And this month a flood of new Three Wolf Moon reviews came in, turning it into the latest in an oddball and thoroughly engaging Internet sub genre we'll call Customer Review Comedy:

--"Whenever I wear the wolf shirt I have a lot less issues with involuntary urination. I have not studied it long enough, however, to establish a cause/effect relationship."

--"Once ... while wearing the wolf shirt I was mistaken for Schneider, the building superintendent on 'One Day at a Time.' "

--"If you are planning on spending exactly $9.14 on yourself this year, this better be the purchase."

Perhaps the most inspired comment linked the shirt, sold on Amazon by a store called Pierce This 2, to an earlier and even funnier Amazon mock-review thread: "I accidentally spilled a glass of Tuscan Whole Milk down the front of this shirt, and my soul was torn from my body and thrown into heaven by a jealous God."

Employees at The Mountain, the Keene, N.H., T-shirt company that makes Three Wolf Moon, noticed the phenomenon and thought some of the comments were getting out of hand. Art director Michael McGloin posted a response defending people who like Three Wolf Moon at face value, for its depiction of nature.

"Of course I approve of [the comment thread] because it's freaking hilarious," McGloin said in a telephone interview. "But I don't approve of it when it turns into like a prejudice or class-war thing."

At Amazon, "the Three Wolf Moon T-Shirt is currently the No. 1-selling item in our apparel store, recently moving up 2,300 percent in sales rank," said Russell Dicker, senior manager of community content.

"We are pleased that our customers play such a critical role in making Amazon a fun shopping experience and we are grateful that our reviewers are so passionate."

another article from abc:

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/story?id=7690387&page=1

And a video about it: http://www.todaysbigthing.com/2009/05/28

Meier

Yeah, my buddy sent me the link a few weeks ago. Pretty hilarious.

You know the factory producing that got like 20 orders one day after getting 1 a week and flipped the fuck out. :lol

i have 2 wolf shirts that i actually wear on a regular basis

although it's a little funnier getting them from thebigzoo.com instead of amazon

Alphahawk

I thought about buying the shirt just to be ironic, but I feel that no one I know would notice, which kinda defeats the point.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Jill Sandwich said:

He always brought home milk on Friday.

After a long hard week full of days he would burst through the door, his fatigue hidden behind a smile. There was an icy jug of Tuscan Whole Milk, 1 Gallon, 128 fl oz in his right hand. With his left hand he would grip my waist - I was always cooking dinner - and press the cold frostiness of the jug against my arm as he kissed my cheek. I would jump, mostly to gratify him after a time, and smile lovingly at him. He was a good man, a wonderful husband who always brought the milk on Friday, Tuscan Whole Milk, 1 Gallon, 128 fl oz.

Then there was that Friday, the terrible Friday that would ruin every Friday for the rest of my life. The door opened, but there was no bouyant greeting - no cold jug against the back of my arm. There was no Tuscan Whole Milk in his right hand, nor his left. There came no kiss. I watched as he sat down in a kitchen chair to remove his shoes. He wore no fatigue, but also no smile. I didn't speak, but turned back to the beans I had been stirring. I stirred until most of their little shrivelled skins floated to the surface of the cloudy water. Something was wrong, but it was vague wrongness that no amount of hard thought could give shape to.

Over dinner that night I casually inserted,"What happened to the milk?"
"Oh,"he smiled sheepishly, glancing aside,"I guess I forgot today."

That was when I knew. He was tired of this life with me, tired of bringing home the Tuscan Whole Milk, 1 Gallon, 128 fl oz. He was probably shoveling funds into a secret bank account, looking at apartments in town, casting furtive glances at cashiers and secretaries and waitresses. That's when I knew it was over. Some time later he moved in with a cashier from the Food Mart down the street. And me? Well, I've gone soy.

:lol

Macam

Banned
Yeah, Wil Shipley over at Delicious Monster was offering people free upgrade licenses to anyone who wore the shirt at WWDC last week. I think he had about 4 takers.

Ceres

Banned
bggrthnjsus said:
i have 2 wolf shirts that i actually wear on a regular basis

although it's a little funnier getting them from thebigzoo.com instead of amazon

Photobucket says your account has been inactive for 90 days?

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
ShadyMilkman said:

111jtw3.jpg

Uncle

I got a wolf shirt as a gift once. It probably doesn't have these wonderful qualities, as it's only an outline of a wolf(like) figure.

Get with the dragon t-shirts.

Picked up a sweet purple dragon tee for 7.50 at Walmart.

They also had one with a red dragon and a blue dragon facing off.

Ketchup Boy

lol interesting my sister got me a shirt with a picture of a wolf on it last month when I came back from studying abroad in Bolivia. I was like okaay and yesterday for my birthday she wore a tank top with a picture of a wolf on it with a native american looking vest.

Acid08 said:

DO NOT WEAR WITH THREE WOLF MOON T-SHIRT!, June 4, 2009

...I don't know how to explain it but the awesome factor of the Three Wolf Moon T-Shirt is not in fact multiplied by the Zubaz pants. It's like Cold Fusion - once you bring two multifarious confidence and testosterone factors into play, the inverse coalition of chronological extremes dipolarizes the original fulcrum.

Tapiozona

Banned
nomster said:
They're ripping off this oldie but goodie:

http://www.birkoph.com/Wolf_tshirt.htm

Agreed. Sadly everyone thinks that top review on amazon is clever and original. I like your link better. Best short quote from the bunch...

red^star says...
Someone was giving this as a Secret Santa gift, and I made sure I was the one to get it. Now everyone's pissed, but all the guys are flapping their meat at me. Thanks Wolf Shirt!

charsace

Terrible BinLaden shop. Eveyone knows he has on Couture m65 jacket, Dior Homme white trousers, and a YSL white fitted tee.

Skittleguy said:
http://media.threadless.com/subs/big/222011.jpg[/IG]
[URL="http://www.threadless.com/submission/222011/Three_Keyboard_Cat_Moon?="]http://www.threadless.com/submission/222011/Three_Keyboard_Cat_Moon?=[/URL][/QUOTE]
:lol I need that shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom