• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 (Wii)

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
Model 500 said:
Except that there is absolutely nothing wrong with putting in Wii Sports Golf, it works great. Also, the Wiimote has no problems in reading subtle movements, where on earth have you got info like that? Care to be a bit more specific with your problems?
Usually you dont have to have a large follow through for puts in real life. In wii sports golf, often the putt isnt recognised unless there is a larger than usual follow through.

fresquito

The Black Brad Pitt said:
Usually you dont have to have a large follow through for puts in real life. In wii sports golf, often the putt isnt recognised unless there is a larger than usual follow through.
This isn't correct. For short hits you just need to make an onward movement. If you do backwards-onwards, you'll have a hard time doing short hits, but doing a onward movement from the vertical, it's pretty easy.

Besides, the green system in Wii Sports is pretty sleek. If you push 1 or 2, you'll get extra info on the terrain, which is of great help.

Burnst

What are the differences between Tiger Woods on the Wii and the other platforms?

So the difference between the Wii and the other platforms is obviously the control. All the gameplay controls have been totally redone to take advantage of the Wii Remote. If you want to, you can even go back and plug in the Nunchuk to get the analog swing. You can do that, and you play it as you would on the PS2 or the Xbox 360. But everything from the swing, the draw and fades, the spin -- all that sutff has been mapped to the Wii Remote, one way or another.

Are there differences in options or modes between the systems?

There are minor mode differences, but for the most part we try to keep as much content as possible while keeping it fun, keeping it fresh. So the Tiger Challenge will have more game modes built-in which are brand new for Wii. We carried over fun arcade game modes like Skills 18, Target2Target, T-I-G-E-R, and Battle Golf. We have all of the regular, official modes like stroke play, match play ... so we have a lot for future golf fans.

What about differences in the quality between the systems? Was it harder to develop for the Wii?

It's harder ... are you talking like as far as the horsepower ...?

Yes.

So the horsepower of the Wii is not quite up to the par of the 360. It's a little bit better than what we saw on the Xbox and PS2. So the graphics fall somewhere in between, you know, the PS2/Xbox and the 360. We do support 480p widescreen, we updated a lot of textures; the sky domes, and the courses were all retouched, so they are updated as far as better than PS2 and Xbox. But they're not as up to par as Xbox 360 and PS3, which is understandable because that's what Nintendo is kind of going for. They're just trying to revolutionize the gameplay, instead of revolutionize graphics.

I think the biggest thing is the real golf fans get a great experience from Tiger because everything -- they can play the game as they would play on the course. They can have their natural golf, their natural slice. I have a natural slice myself, and I slice it in the game, so that is like proof of pudding that our swing is as close as any game has come as far as a real golf swing -- a real golf simulator. We feel that that is the biggest selling point for this title.

From funstiq..

Rlan

Even with games like this being announced quite a lot.. why the hell isn't there any Mii integration? This and SSX should have it standard.

Rlan

Smiles and Cries said:
why would it... and I would not want any Miis in Tiger Woods

I don't agree with Rlan's demands some games need to remain Mii-free

Maybe not the actual Miis, but I'd love an EA game where it read in the data of your Mii, and spat out a realistic equivelant with a similar hair style, eye colour, facial expression etc. It'd look real goofy for those who made Ackbar or whatever, but it'd still probably work!

bdoughty

Banned
Kafel said:
There was a Basket Ball game cross-over from EA with Nintendo figures.

It's time to include the Miis.

NBA Street V3, but it was only done so that a non-Mario/Madden titled sports game might actually sell on the Gamecube. Notice the PS2 & Xbox versions were devoid of such gimmicks.

922032_20050208_screen006.jpg

NotWii

Banned
soundwave05 said:
Speaking of golf games, I think the Mario Golf series should be re-tooled (now that Camelot is gone) to a mini-golf game rather than being a regular golf game.

Doesn't that seem more natural given the Mario characters?
Mario Golf 64 had Mini Golf

Then for some reason, they removed it for GCN, so I didn't buy it.

Newzboyz99

Losers! My wife has me on lock!
Wow....looked at the vids for Tiger Woods. While it's not perfect or 1:1 by any means it looks pretty damn good to me. Especially like how you can hook and slice the ball by tilting the controller in your hand

Top Bottom