• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TIL Valve added Reddit items to TF2.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
MoW7wYQ.png

yHVOOHy.png

9ADFhIO.jpg

le epic xD

Salsa

yeah they made a joke about doing this on April fools (since reddit was doing the whole TF2 stuff)

I figured it'd end up being true

Salsa

I also dont get the "hate"? per se, or the mocking of this

whatever reddit is to you, it still has a huge TF2 community and its nice to see Valve recognizing that

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Am I the only one who upboated this? le epic thread archie, you magnificent bastard.

rcnyu1u.jpg

I just so happened to catch my cat sitting in front of my laptop making this face at the thread, though you guys might like it. (P.S. it's my cakeday)

Salsa

you know I dont really like Reddit but i'll be damned if I ever read anything similar to what people here (or anywhere) are mocking it for

rrs

Would be fun with robot skins but I don't touch reddit, so oh well to that. I got enough hats as is anyways.

Exr

Welp this is going to inspire me to go back to that game and be a dick with the Scout.

On second thought this will probably act as a griefing attractant more than anything. I'm excited!

FiRez

Having a Miku avatar and advocating lay raddit at the same time?

A travesty.

Let's mourn integrity together, folks.

95% of the music I listen to is pure Vocaloid, I also think Reddit is a good community once you find the proper subreddits.

Lotto

Clever title, this thread should be a subreddit.
i actually don't know how it works, can we have a neogaf subreddit?

TxdoHawk

...Reddit is a good community once you find the proper subreddits.

This, but they don't exactly make it easy. Even if you get as far as ignoring the drivel that makes the front page and register an account, the initial subscriptions they suggest are terrible.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
you know I dont really like Reddit but i'll be damned if I ever read anything similar to what people here (or anywhere) are mocking it for

It's satire. The posts are in the vein of some of the more prevalent memes that float around Reddit. Most comedy is usually only funny when you take a example and stretch it to the extreme. Generalized to stand-up, that is why it's perfectly okay when a comic makes what a easily offended person would consider a stereotype joke i.e the entire shtick of Louie C.K., Rock, Cosby, Carlin, Pryor, etc.

antitrop

Then you don't read /all. Which is fine. But many people do.

The most popular areas of Reddit are pretty cool places for high school kids that like memes and college freshman a few weeks into their PoliSci 101 class that previously lived in a white, middle-class, christian church-attending household and are free from the terrible religious oppression of their parents for the first time.

Salsa

It's satire. The posts are in the vein of some of the more prevalent memes that float around Reddit. Most comedy is usually only funny when you take a example and stretch it to the extreme. Generalized to stand-up, that is why it's perfectly okay when a comic makes what a easily offended person would consider a stereotype joke i.e the entire shtick of Louie C.K., Rock, Cosby, Carlin, Pryor, etc.

I know but it becomes stupid when people use it to mock and dismiss the site, when in reality it's.. not really like that

I dont like reddit for other reasons

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I know but it becomes stupid when people use it to mock and dismiss the site, when in reality it's.. not really like that

I dont like reddit for other reasons

It is exaggerated of course, but I have read a lot of shit not too far off from what others and myself have posted in here. Not even kidding.

Salsa

Reddit is totally ok. Specially if you just go there to check whatever's on the front page and nothing else.

I mean we can bash on the overuse of memes all we want while ignoring the fact that they did shit like helping out people with cancer and raising money or sending stuff for a bunch of causes

it's a good community that, as any other place, suffers from the shit that the internet brings along

every time I read people bitching about reddit it looks to me as people bitching about the internet in general

Top Bottom