• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Time Crisis 4 screens

Anyanka

Speaking of Soulcalibur III arcade....have any shots or movies been released and is there any word on a US release?

M3wThr33

Banned
Borys said:
Looks like shit yet looks fun.

Only Japanese games can do that.
Ape Escape agrees.

As long as Time Crisis keeps doing serious stuff and not going goofy, the graphics will be fine.
Anytime you are worried about half-ass ports, all the Time Crisis console ports have been extraordinary. Hell, Point Blank got an RPG mode to it.

VNZ

I love this one...

tc407.jpg

I'm pretty sure Time Crisis 4 runs on the System 258 board
(not 256, as there is no such thing AFAIK). the initial reports from a few weeks ago said System 258. the same board that runs Tekken 5 and Tekken 5 DR.

it makes no sense for Namco to produce another marginally faster board based on PS2 technology, let alone two more, beyond the System 258 from 2004, because a PS3 based board should be right around the corner.

edit: it is possible that the System 258 board that powers Tekken 5, Tekken 5 DR is actually called System 256. regardless, this is a board from 2004. and I dont think Time Crisis 4 uses anything beyond this. I think all the recent and new Namco arcade games are running on the System 258/256 board, and that there are no new boards beyond that until the PS3 based arcade boards arrive. maybe this will be proven to be incorrect though. we'll see. but Time Crisis 4 certainly doesnt look like its using anything beyond the circa 2004 board that powered Tekken 5.

Bahffry

Absolutely horribly flickery looking game. I could barely stand to look at it for more than a minute. Lots of insects, though.

wunko

M3wThr33 said:
Stop getting so down on yourself about Lightgun tech.

First off, the Revolution isn't going to be a Godsend for gun games. Think about it. It's not reading the screen. It's reading your arm's position. It won't be as accurate as you masturbate about.
Second, there are a few HDTV guns coming out. The reason there aren't more is because the HD console isn't out yet. I guarantee that Namco will release a Guncon3 that will work on HDTVs.

So quit your whining and wait for the PS3 guns to at least come out first.

I know!!! Who keeps constantly saying that TC should be on Rev in every TC4 topic!?? Who started this "TC needs to be on Rev" idea the second TC4 photos came out? >_<

Top Bottom