• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL | 2 Multiplayer Previews

Yep, which is why I choose XB1 + PC, simply because FPS games on consoles are 1 million times more enjoyable with an elite.
What are the advantages? Especially in Titanfall? I have an Elite controller but took off the pads on the back because I would constantly hit them mistakenly. I still manage to hit the little buttons even now.

SwolBro

Banned
What are the advantages? Especially in Titanfall? I have an Elite controller but took off the pads on the back because I would constantly hit them mistakenly. I still manage to hit the little buttons even now.

not having to take your thumbs off the sticks for things like jump and slide are huge. you can do 180s in air and shoot at the same time, ADS while jumping, better wall bouncing and air strafing, things like that are really big.

i recommend doing two paddles on the back, one for jump and one for slide. i know it takes getting used to but it's such a must for this game. you can pick out someone using bumper jumper, or an elite controller instantly vs someone that is not.

FeD.nL

I had that at first, but start out with just the two big paddles and when you are comfortable add the two small ones.

I seriously cannot go back to another controller now.

Edit: What SwolBro said

Strider

I use just the 2 small paddles with my elite. I reversed them from their original locations to make them harder to press as I definitely used to press them on accident when I first got the Elite.

But yea the paddles make a huge difference in almost every game I play. I highly recommend giving them another chance if you took them off... I do not like using controllers without paddles now.

dankir

Where's the damn achievement list?? I have 4 daily challenges left in TF1 and I'll finish it was 1975 pts, few hundred hours playtime.

Show me dammit!

Bikram

I am more excited about this game than BF1. Good single player content and mech with katana is an instant win in my books :D

I am more excited about this game than BF1. Good single player content and mech with katana is an instant win in my books :D

Same. I buy BF every release. Not this year. No desire with dusty WWI when i can be flying around the battlefield in a giant robot with sword.

Chris1

Rounded up all the predictions. Didn't include ones with a wide range cause that's cheating :p

Kenzodielocke-81
Cobalt Izuna-82
Chris1-82
falconxcrunner09-83
Kill3r7-84
ZSeba-84
KodaRuss-85
Sr. Wiggles-85
Drewfonse-86
Revas-86
Schlorgan-86
zxsynqx-86
Codeacious-87
Chobel-87
SmartWaffles-87
Elmars369-88
Decarb-88
DudeWithNoName-89
Djostikk-90
Broadbandito-90
Kade-92
Mobius and pet octopus-92

I was kinda hoping for an announcement for their PVE mode Frontier Defense for Titanfall 2 but it looks like there won't be a PVE mode, at least not yet. Had a lot of fun with their horde style mode.

Is there a server browser on PC or is it all matchmaking again?

The swift death of TF1 and the proximity to BF1 have me concerned about player base and longevity

I want to get it but I'm worried about that.

I'll go with 85. I think it's going to really impress those who care about solid multiplayer but end up mediocre for people who are more casual and don't care about a good multiplayer experience.

Regardless, this game will be a day 1 purchase for me and I can't wait. I had my doubts during the beta but the recent footage has me pumped again.

This and BF1 are going to be one hell of a combo.

Chobel

Rounded up all the predictions. Didn't include ones with a wide range cause that's cheating :p

Cobalt Izuna-82
Chris1-82
falconxcrunner09-83
Kill3r7-84
ZSeba-84
KodaRuss-85
Drewfonse-86
Revas-86
Schlorgan-86
zxsynqx-86
Codeacious-87
SmartWaffles-87
Elmars369-88
DudeWithNoName-89
Djostikk-90

Izuna

Banned

Cobalt Izuna-82
Chris1-82
falconxcrunner09-83
Kill3r7-84
ZSeba-84
KodaRuss-85
Sr. Wiggles-85
Drewfonse-86
Revas-86
Schlorgan-86
zxsynqx-86
Codeacious-87
Chobel-87
SmartWaffles-87
Elmars369-88
DudeWithNoName-89
Djostikk-90
Kade-92

Cobalt and Chris know what they're talking about. The rest are crazy.

Do they not understand the ducking party that will happen if that happened?

Chris1

Cobalt and Chris know what they're talking about. The rest are crazy.

Do they not understand the ducking party that will happen if that happened?
Not gonna lie I was gonna go with 84 but I always seem to overshoot it so I lowered it a bit based on that alone lol.

Top Bottom