• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2 multiplayer trial coming, Nov 30 for EA/Origin Access, Dec 2 for everyone

Chris1

https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/news/free-multiplayer-trial/
Titanfall 2 will host a free trial of the game's full multiplayer offering. The trial* will begin for EA Access and Origin Access members on November 30th, and become available for all players starting December 2nd on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Origin for PC. This will feature a full offering including all maps, modes, weapons and more including brand new content from Angel City’s Most Wanted DLC on December 3rd.

Progress from the trial carries over to the full game when you upgrade, so you can keep going right where you left off.

In Multiplayer, all post-launch maps, modes, and weapons will be free for all players. Featuring the fully remastered fan favorite Angel City map from the original Titanfall, Angel City’s Most Wanted introduces additional free content including the Wingman Elite Pistol, six new Titan kits, and a brand new Pilot execution. Angel City’s Most Wanted also gives players the ability to purchase cosmetic items for their Pilot and Titan, including camos, nose art, warpaint, and more starting on December 3rd.

* Trial is available until December 4th with unlimited play time. Click here for more details.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That was fast. Should've done that at on launch, though.

RoKKeR

That certainly didn't take long. Probably a good idea.

I'll definitely download it to see what's different from the beta.

Moltenix

Aww, why's this after all the BF sales. I would've been tempted to buy it if this was done before and I enjoyed the trial.

I honestly thought they were insane for not doing this at launch, but now I think this is the better move. Having a trial like this of the full multiplayer mode after CoD is out in the wild seems brilliant. Here's hoping this gives the game the extra support it needs. I want to see more multiplayer games without a season pass.

trial after black friday sale? well
That's my first thought, I almost bought it this weekend because it was affordable for me but ultimately choose not to due to not liking normal shooter type games. I watched some videos, read the op here and looked at some impressions but couldn't really get a grasp on if I'd regret it or not. Being able to try it would have been helpful.

This game released at the worst possible time.

It's a very nice game, it's a real shame that it had to put up with so much competition.

Izuna

Banned
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Getting my whole family in a 5 player Bounty Hunt for this

<3<3<3<3<3

E92 M3

Purely factual. EA would never have released this as a trial if it sold well.

How things change when your game doesnt sell.

The game undersold, but it's picking up steam like crazy - nowhere close to being a bomba. Secondly, all popular shooters have free weekends. So, purely troll post and you know it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Honestly I found the multiplayer to be incredibly dull.

Look at it this way: Everyone will be able to blow through the campaign on Normal within the 10 hour window. :3

Catvoca

Banned
The game is great, I got I last week and haven't been able to put it down. Hopefully this picks up some new players.

Honestly I found the multiplayer to be incredibly dull, don't think it'll help sales much.

The maps are borderline awful, the best weapon (R201) is unlocked from the outset and the only game mode anyone is even remotely playing is Attrition.

"incredibly dull" is a half-truth

However, There is something about this game that keeps me coming back. I cant quite put my finger on it as the above annoyances would make me never play most games ever again.

Trup1aya

Should have had one BEFORE launch to allow people to wash away the taste of the tech test.

The game undersold, but it's picking up steam like crazy - nowhere close to being a bomba. Secondly, all popular shooters have free weekends. So, purely troll post and you know it.

The game definitely bombed. When the platform exclusive predecessor, massively outsells the multiplatform sequel, bomba is the only way to describe it.

Good to see its picking up steam though,

The maps are borderline awful, the best weapon (R201) is unlocked from the outset and the only game mode anyone is even remotely playing is Attrition.

"incredibly dull" is a half-truth

However, There is something about this game that keeps me coming back. I cant quite put my finger on it as the above annoyances would make me never play most games ever again.

Hahahaha.

Levito

Banned
Look at it this way: Everyone will be able to blow through the campaign on Normal within the 10 hour window. :3

I adore the campaign though, it's short but it's incredible.

Can't get into the multiplayer though, I don't even get mad when I get stomped in it. Something about it just feels lifeless.

Top Bottom