• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2 multiplayer trial coming, Nov 30 for EA/Origin Access, Dec 2 for everyone

black070

Except not really.

I can see how anyone wh didn't pay Titanfall 1 or sink many hours into Titanfall 1 could enjoy the MP of 2, but most people who really loved and put time into 1 aren't fans of the MP in 2. Like at ALL. It's a massive step down.

JqYTmjn.gif

Except not really.

I can see how anyone wh didn't pay Titanfall 1 or sink many hours into Titanfall 1 could enjoy the MP of 2, but most people who really loved and put time into 1 aren't fans of the MP in 2. Like at ALL. It's a massive step down.

127 hours in TF1 and I fucking love TF2

TheRed

Everyone needs to give this a try. It's so good. I loved BF1 but have completely dropped it in the past month after starting to play this. It's worth buying especially at the sale prices it's been available at.

FStop7

Banned
Everyone needs to give this a try. It's so good. I loved BF1 but have completely dropped it in the past month after starting to play this. It's worth buying especially at the sale prices it's been available at.

Would you rather have some lady telling you "Tallyho we're off to capture Objective Butter" or BE WALL RUNNING AND TELEPORT MURDERING DUDES BEFORE HOPPING INTO YOUR GIANT ROBOT?

deoee

I still like BF1 but most of the time I'm bitching about my deaths and would rather play TF2 instead :D

I disagree. Titanfall is the gold standard, Titanfall 2 is merely good but not close to the first.

Use the $5 for a month of EA Access to redbox the game instead and play the campaign. The multiplayer is not great.

Right. Titanfall 2 can be fun but it's nowhere near as good as Titanfall 1. Look at the new Angel City trailer, the movement is so slow. It isn't slowed down, that is really how slow it is. I think playing on Angel City will further highlight how much of a downgrade Titanfall 2 is from Titanfall 1.

Calderc

Right. Titanfall 2 can be fun but it's nowhere near as good as Titanfall 1. Look at the new Angel City trailer, the movement is so slow. It isn't slowed down, that is really how slow it is. I think playing on Angel City will further highlight how much of a downgrade Titanfall 2 is from Titanfall 1.

Titanfall 2 is not slow in the slightest.

deoee

How is this faster than this?

Titanfall 2 has way more complex mechanics for wallrunning , jumping and sliding than 1.

Except not really.

Funny, i would say that's a load of crap. The game is better in most ways except maps. Most are actually pretty good but not TF1 good

Except not really.

I was a huge fan of the first, double dipped on xbone and PC. The second game doesn't live up to all that the first offered but it's not bad by any stretch.

Even if they decided to lock Titan customization, significantly downgraded the role of AI and removed some cheese while adding more of it in other places.

For sale or for free it is easily worth trying the game for fans of the first who have been on the sideline. Of which I was one of until the recent price drop.

Disker

Oh geez.

Played both. Tf2 is not a lot slower calm down.

Pacing is good in this game.

How is this faster than this?

Titanfall 2 has way more complex mechanics for wallrunning , jumping and sliding than 1.

That was a pretty poor example. Your Titanfall 1 example had a guy with no idea how to move properly and your Titanfall 2 example was the fastest guy in Titanfall 2. Not exactly a fair comparison is it?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Glad they're doing this. Game is fantastic and deserves a bigger community. Hopefully they do a couple more down the line as well.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Except not really.

Nah. That's what most of us said after the beta. But the full game is amazing.

I played the fuck out of TF1, double dipped on PC and XBO and season pass for both.

TF2 is the real deal, and I curse myself for saying otherwise after the tech test.

Briarios

Everyone should try the game out -- I'm totally new, hated the beta -- and said so publicly, but I tried the game because I heard the campaign was great ... and, it was. But, what really surprised me was how much more fun the multiplayer was as compared to the beta.

Like I said, I'm terrible -- and even I can pull off some fun, exciting stuff in game and move around the environment with very little problem. This was from a game today -- and, again, I'm a bad player, but it's so much fun:

https://youtu.be/b6ebjrH2XFs

Vintage

Nice, will try!

Also, this is the first time I've heard about Origin Access. Is it the same like EA Access, only on PC?

deoee

That was a pretty poor example. Your Titanfall 1 example had a guy with no idea how to move properly and your Titanfall 2 example was the fastest guy in Titanfall 2. Not exactly a fair comparison is it?

After a few minutes of searching i could not find a better Titanfall 1 video tbh. I posted a 1 to 1 example a bit earlier which should showcase it better

1. Being a good game
2. More free content
3. Free trial

That seemed to work for Rainbow 6 Siege. Hope it works for Titanfall 2 as well. The path is looking similar.

SwolBro

Banned
Prepare for BombaFall

is this even fucking necessary? why is this allowed?

Frenchfry, i played you in titanfall 1 a ton and i gotta say here not sure what game you're playing but Titanfall 2 is just as fast as titanfall 1. There's some changes but overall speed is not one of them (minus the terrible maps in titanfall 2) and is as fast or faster than Titanfall 1.

And from everyone playing Angel city right now, go ahead and ask hero, stolas, any of them, angel city in titanfall 2 is pure fucking speed. There's no argument anymore here in terms of movement.

Can't seem to find out where to download the free trial. Just available for purchase :/ On PC

Edit: Nevermind, need origin access for early access. Will sign up, want to download the game. Going to take me awhile so rather be ready.

Alx

127 hours in TF1 and I fucking love TF2

Ha, I probably poured more than 500 hours in TF1. :D Love TF2, and the more I play it, the more I feel it's better than TF1. The titan fights are better, and there is much more versatility in the parkour (slide, grapple and inertia in general create a wonderful feeling in traversal).
In the end the only thing where TF2 is behind is map design (and even then, some are wonderful even if people don't seem to like them, like Crash Site).

This is just false. They slowed down that trailer or something. I can move MUCH faster than that through Angel City.

Top Bottom