• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2 multiplayer trial coming, Nov 30 for EA/Origin Access, Dec 2 for everyone

The maps are borderline awful, the best weapon (R201) is unlocked from the outset and the only game mode anyone is even remotely playing is Attrition.

"incredibly dull" is a half-truth

However, There is something about this game that keeps me coming back. I cant quite put my finger on it as the above annoyances would make me never play most games ever again.

I play Mixtape and get a game within 20 seconds most of the time, has a nice variation of modes.

are you playing on PC?

Vipu

Banned
Im spreading this news to every forum I know and make new topics, im not gonna let this game die easily!

hear4beer

already own it on ps4 but wouldnt mind double dipping to finally play on M+KB if my computer can handle it. definitely using this to try that out.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Push it.

This game is the best multiplayer game released in YEARS. And the competition has been stiff.

Absolutely amazing job by Respawn.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I don't think the campaign is included.

It's not. I was poking fun on how I did everything in the first game within the... 2 day(?) window of unlocking things.

Bought that for like $5, regretted it because the community was dead

I play Mixtape and get a game within 20 seconds most of the time, has a nice variation of modes.

are you playing on PC?

Not him, but on PC I've only seen "1,000 in your region" in attrition ONCE. Generally it's like 800 players in my region for that mode, CTF is dead and others are within like 200-500 players.

Not Drake

Whatever works to push it through I guess. The game's price is in free fall so I'm still holding out on my purchase as I'm only interested in the singleplayer. I'll definitely try out the MP trial though.

You can only play it till 4th December. You don't keep it forever.
Interesting, I guess it'll be removed from EA Access too after the 4th then?
Ah, misread then. It sounded like it was available for download until Dec. 4th and then you could keep playing as long as you had downloaded it.

Still, people need to give this a shot. Hopefully it nets some well deserved sales.

Chris1

Ah, misread then. It sounded like it was available for download until Dec. 4th and then you could keep playing as long as you had downloaded it.

Still, people need to give this a shot. Hopefully it nets some well deserved sales.

They will just be clarifying the unlimited part because of it's tie to EA/Origin Access for early play. Even on the first page people assumed it'd be 10 hours because of that (including me).

But I can see how it can be confusing

Chris1

It isn't going to be on EAA in the first place. Just EAA members play it two days earlier, like early access to beta sort of thing.
Would love to know why they refuse to put it on EA Access properly. They're willing to give EA Access members 48 extra free hours of gameplay for nothing, but refuse to put it on the program for a 10 hour trial. Just doesn't make sense.

Animator

Exactly what we needed. More of these for every major content drop will help impressions a lot

Yup thats how Siege increased its playerbase by like 30x since launch. Have a free weekend everytime a new map drops.

Game is fucking amazing and the black friday sales did wonders to its population on PC. This will only make it better. I have like six friends who are buying it soon.

Cake Boss

Banned
Use the $5 for a month of EA Access to redbox the game instead and play the campaign. The multiplayer is not great.

fucking wrong as hell.

MP is the best of this generation. There is a learning curve to it and its not the same as TF1, but once it clicks its perfect.

Chris1

I disagree. Titanfall is the gold standard, Titanfall 2 is merely good but not close to the first.

I agree. But I think completely ruling out MP is stupid, it's good enough and if you like fast paced FPS there's no better alternative out there except for Titanfall 1.

AEREC

Cool...though I wish I knew this before double dipping on the PC version last week. Oh well..more sales for Respawn is a good thing.

Will be interesting to the playercount numbers on and after the trial.

Even though the community has been growing and is healthy, this game deserves so many more players. I really think the multiplayer is one of the best ever.

fucking wrong as hell.

MP is the best of this generation. There is a learning curve to it and its not the same as TF1, but once it clicks its perfect.

Nah. Not even the best this year by a wide margin. You can tell splitting focus to work on campaign really hurt them in comparison to Titanfall.

Weird wording by EA. This is just a free weekend for the MP, but "trial" makes people think they only get to play it for a limited amount of time during the given dates.

FStop7

Banned
Use the $5 for a month of EA Access to redbox the game instead and play the campaign. The multiplayer is not great.

HPq6M33.gif

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood

Except not really.

I can see how anyone wh didn't pay Titanfall 1 or sink many hours into Titanfall 1 could enjoy the MP of 2, but most people who really loved and put time into 1 aren't fans of the MP in 2. Like at ALL. It's a massive step down.

Except not really.

I can see how anyone wh didn't pay Titanfall 1 or sink many hours into Titanfall 1 could enjoy the MP of 2, but most people who really loved and put time into 1 aren't fans of the MP in 2. Like at ALL. It's a massive step down.

Tell that to FrothyOmen, Gamesager, or the TF1 vets posting hundreds of posts in the OT. Or are you trying to make me think I don't enjoy TF2 because I played a truck ton of 1.

Mupod

well if my experience with the PC multiplayer is any indication it'll be funny watching it throw level 0 newbies into the meat grinder against full teams of people who have regenerated 5 times.

Lucky I didn't say all huh?

You said most, in internet senses, it basically means all. Come on you know you meant it. On one side you have some the most prominent TF1 community members and players enjoying the game, and lots of vets and new players alike gushing over it. On the other you have... you and a couple others constantly driving by TF2 threads telling people to not play the game they want to play. Luckily the quality and consensus speak for itself.

MrNelson

Banned
Except not really.

This described my feelings during the technical test.

Then I rented the game at launch and my opinion made a 180.

Titanfall 2 is damn good. The full product is way better than the impression I got from the tech test. Ya, there are some things I miss about the original, but to say that 2 is a massive step down from the first is simply not true.

cripterion

Honestly I found the multiplayer to be incredibly dull, don't think it'll help sales much.

Same here, I bought the game from the very good impressions here, the multiplayer is just not my cup of tea, guns blazing everywhere, abilities up the wazoo and you just pop in and get killed by god knows what.

The campaign is alright from what I played but nothing transcending like people made it out to be, certainly doesn't make me feel like coming back to it. I really gotta learn to forgo the GAF hype, always gets me lol.

Leunam

But... FFXV just came out. :(

I'm going to give this a try. One of my friends was really into it and has been asking me to give it a go.

The maps are borderline awful, the best weapon (R201) is unlocked from the outset and the only game mode anyone is even remotely playing is Attrition.

"incredibly dull" is a half-truth

However, There is something about this game that keeps me coming back. I cant quite put my finger on it as the above annoyances would make me never play most games ever again.

R-201 isn't the best weapon, Attrition isn't the best or only populated mode.

Animator

Except not really.

Bullshit.

I guess me and literally everyone I played with who is coming from TF1 loving TF2 is a fluke.

People weren't fans of the beta, the final game is much improved.

black070

Can't believe how much the beta made me sleep on this game. Purchased it on Black Friday and i can't put it down.

I really think people who wrote it off because of the beta should give it another chance - it's a gem of game that's absolutely worth supporting.

deoee

Except not really.

Yeah I bet you've got some pretty nice statistics on this because me and many others played tons of 1 and love 2 (maybe not everyone loves the maps) but the majority <3 the game :)

Top Bottom