• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 360/XBO season pass/DLC are free

So, in the same week we have free Dragon Age: Inquisition and Titanfall DLCs. So much about that "EA Access will prevent other EA offers on Xbox" argument.

mocoworm

Titanfall is an incredible experience. This season pass is a MUST if you own the game. Good work from EA on making this free for all and potentially injecting more players into it.

There is still a huge community playing as it is.

I know that it's not that expensive with the recent sales dropping the price but this is a cool idea to boost population.

Well done everyone involved.

Thanks Mr. Transporter. Got it downloading as we speak.

Edit: I'm sure this has been said already, but the multiplayer maps should have been free in the first place. These developers and limiting the longevity of their games because they are charging money for the wrong shit.

Awesome, the map are fantastic but the player counts were always ~100 at best for those playlists.

It'll be nice to have the dlc get integrated into the rest of the playlists now that it's free.

Awesome, the map are fantastic but the player counts were always ~100 at best for those playlists.

It'll be nice to have the dlc get integrated into the rest of the playlists now that it's free.

It was always integrated into all the playlists. :) You just needed everyone in the lobby to have DLC.

Alx

Great move. It may be the right time to get back to the game, I've been telling myself for months that I should do it, but there is so little time... Still the most fun I've had this generation.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Sheesh. Might wanna tone down the rude. I was just agreeing with you and offering a reason why they might be giving the DLC away. Instead of claiming it has nothing to do with what was being discussed, you could ask me to explain.

I didn't give any tone. Besides, I already pointed out the anniversary in the first page

Hopefully this means they. Smartened up and titanfall 2 will have free map packs

No way, I'm sure this is just a way to bring together an already fairly small player base that's fractured by multiple DLC packs.

Even though I'm not currently playing TF, I picked this up because I'm sure lots of us will be wanting to jump back in when the Titanfall 2 hype train starts.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Don't have Titanfall, but just grabbed the Season Pass/ DLC for both consoles.

Thanks for the heads-up as always Wario, and great move by Respawn/EA/MS.

I'll be on the lookout for the main game with this now.

The Cowboy

I recon its time to drop the DLC playlists now, all the maps are cycled in main playlists and now all the DLC is free to all there is really no point in the DLC playlists - and if the DLC maps aren't cycled in the main playlists, now the DLC is free they should be.

MattyG

Banned
Glad to see they appreciate PC players.

giphy.gif

I am downloading the maps on PC right now for free, just look on Origin :D
Nevermind all is forgiven.

I think this game would have done much better if this had been the case day one. Better late than never I guess.

I had a great time with this but just haven't had the time to jump back in.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Now I'm bummed that I didn't buy Titanfall when it was 10 euros on Origin a few days ago :( Don't think I'll pay double even with the season pass included

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Free on PC as well? That's fantastic and I'll definitely be getting back into it. I wish more publishers would do this with games with waning multiplayer communities.

Time to start this monstrous download process. The real cost is... my hard drive space!

Horrible first post.

Good on them. More companies should release multiplayer maps for free after a certain amount of time.

I'm gonna sound crazy, but I think they should release maps for free from the start. Especially for a MP only game. IDC if they have microtransactions for things that don't split up the community. I do care when they split up the community, even a large one, with paid maps.

Basically, they shouldn't compromise the long term viability of the game just to make extra cash. And I think paid map DLC does that the most.

Also it is a little unfortuneate that its only up for grabs for one day, since new players past this point won't really be a part of everything, so the community is still split.

Xav

I don't even own an Xbox One but I "bought" the season pass anyway for when I do get one later this year.

Top Bottom