• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 360/XBO season pass/DLC are free

je_ssi e

Very cool, I'll defjnitrly jump back in for this. Some of the maps looked interesting
Yah, same here.
I bought the game day one and lost interest.

I'll give it another go.
Hopefully it'll help the waning community I've heard Titanfall PC has had. Or, at least give it a little jump in numbers.

The people still playing must be frothing at the mouth at the idea of fresh meat returning to the game. Aha!

Yah, same here.
I bought the game day one and lost interest.

I'll give it another go.
Hopefully it'll help the waning community I've heard Titanfall PC has had. Or, at least give it a little jump in numbers.

The people still playing must be frothing at the mouth at the idea of fresh meat returning to the game. Aha!

If there was a bigger player base I'd play much more. Right now I'll play occasionally, but only with friends. Some nights we do well, other nights the ranks are far unbalanced. I hope this and the frequent sales bring life back at least a little bit - it's a fun game.

Might even push me to buy an Xbox one controller sooner

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Just played my first match in months and I can confirm that this game is still sweet as hell.

CuteSpaceGoblin

Neo Member
Been seriously enjoying Frontier Defense on the base game (XB1) for the past few weeks, hadn't bought the season pass so this another 9 maps for free is gravy here. Kudos to Respawn and EA for this anniversary freebie. Has to suck for anyone who's ponied up for the season pass recently though.

Does the Frontier Defense mode extend to the DLC maps?

EDIT: If there's GAF clan or party, count me in. XBL: CuteSpaceGoblin

So... after 3 hours of downloading an installation (seriously this takes long on my PC to download and install even with a download speed often hitting 9mbs... there are like maybe 500 people worldwide.

So I remember why I uninstalled last time. Attrition is very boring.

Still gonna give it a go. Whatever, hopefully more people start playing again. If not I'll just uninstall no harm.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
If you play attrition on PC (the first option available), will it automatically go through the downloaded maps or do you have to choose the map pack option?

edit, nvm DLC maps are in rotation now :)

Despite low numbers I still had a pretty good play session. I started out trying to do the maps in campaign but that was going nowhere quick. Then I noticed expedition playlist had a couple hundred people so I played each map once and had a good time.

Rayme

Been seriously enjoying Frontier Defense on the base game (XB1) for the past few weeks, hadn't bought the season pass so this another 9 maps for free is gravy here. Kudos to Respawn and EA for this anniversary freebie. Has to suck for anyone who's ponied up for the season pass recently though.

Does the Frontier Defense mode extend to the DLC maps?

It uses all the maps, yes. =)

You can even choose a specific map (DLC included), by choosing "Custom Match" inside of FD, and it'll find players to join you.

As soon as these map packs DL I'm gonna play some tonight on X1. Anyone wanna help ease a newbie into the experience? lol

My gt is Sketch Sanchez

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
I just played 6 of the new maps in a row in attrition and got my ass beat in 4 of them ending last place, holy shit (normally I'm MVP in at least half the matches I play), these maps take a lot of time getting used to, so far I really hate the forest map and love the VR map

I just played 6 of the new maps in a row in attrition and got my ass beat in 4 of them ending last place, holy shit (normally I'm MVP in at least half the matches I play), these maps take a lot of time getting used to, so far I really hate the forest map and love the VR map

Use dem trees. :)

finalflame

Do those of us that paid for it get a free season pass for Titanfall 2?

At least it'll get more people playing. It really is a fantastic multiplayer game, probably my most enjoyed MP shooter.,

Keasar

I really don't care that I bought the season pass, I am glad they are giving it out for free as Titanfall needs and deserves more players.

We need more people playing Hardpoint.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Nice. Just saw this is also free on PC.

Bought this on PC at launch, then bought TF+Season Pass on XBO during Christmas because it was only 12 bucks. Now that I have a 4K capable GPU its nice to have the Season Pass content on my PC as well.

So I basically paid $4.66 for Titanfall (Xbox One) and the season pass. I haven't really played it yet. Should i feel ripped off?

Maybe the only season pass I bought and ughhh..

No more.season pass purchases from me.
Assuming you didn't pay for the DLC in the past few days, you've got nothing to feel bad about. You paid Respawn for great content and probably got a lot of enjoyment from it. Now thousands of new players will have it and you'll have a lot more people to play.

And while not buying season passes in advance is a good policy, making all the DLC free is not a precedent I expect others to follow.

Elixist

why not just full on f2p at this point? put a team on "hats" and ride it out till part 2.

also thank you ea and respawn for the pc love as well!

Chris1

Codes are bought in batches by retailers. Also, it's not illegal, since they'll still redeem you the content.
I suppose, but I still think that's shady as hell and should be illegal, I'm actually surprised it isn't lol, you're adding value to something that costs nothing and redeems something costing nothing. It's almost like selling £0.00 cards for £20. You're doing absolutely nothing but ripping your customer off, it's comparable to stealing in my opinion.

Hopefully nobody gets ripped off by them, although knowing GAME it won't be much longer before they start shoving it down your throat for a "discounted price of only £10" or something.

flkraven

This game is completely dead for me. Tried to stream monday night and I wanted to play campaign: There were only 5 people playing. Looked at Attrition: 60 people playing. This is a fucking joke man...

Chris1

This game is completely dead for me. Tried to stream monday night and I wanted to play campaign: There were only 5 people playing. Looked at Attrition: 60 people playing. This is a fucking joke man...

What? That doesn't sound right at all.

I haven't played in a while, but I doubt the playerbase has tanked that much in the last 2-3 months.

Are you going by regional playercount? because that may be why if you live in a country where not many consoles are sold, or if you were playing late at night, but if you really want to, just switch to the US servers (I live in the UK and had no major problems playing on them, though I mostly stuck to UK as there was still a fair amount of players on.)

flkraven

How can X1 be lower than PC?

Don't get me wrong I've not played either in a couple of months.

It wasn't a very scientific experient, so I don't know if it is lower on average. I just know that when I checked at 9PM EST on monday, there were only 5 people on Campaign (which includes me + a buddy). So really, 3 people (bc we left immediately to play PvZ). We didn't even try to go against the 60 people playing attrition, since I'm sure 90% of them are the commited creme de la creme.

flkraven

What? That doesn't sound right at all.

I haven't played in a while, but I doubt the playerbase has tanked that much in the last 2-3 months.

Are you going by regional playercount? because that may be why if you live in a country where not many consoles are sold, or if you were playing late at night, but if you really want to, just switch to the US servers (I live in the UK and had no major problems playing on them, though I mostly stuck to UK as there was still a fair amount of players on.)

I am in Canada and I get matched with people from North America. I don't know where the numbers come from, they are just listed right on Xbox when you select a game type.

Top Bottom