• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall on 360 delayed to Mar 25th for "finishing touches"

The End

Either 1) it's turning out way better than expected, and they don't want sales cannibalizing potential Xbox One upgraders or 2) It's terrible and they don't want the flood of criticism to take up all of the media cycles around launch

manfestival

I am really interested in titanfall but im assuming its 60 dollars, yet I havent seen enough content or know enough about the game to justify spending 60 on the pc version. Especially with origin =\

Either 1) it's turning out way better than expected, and they don't want sales cannibalizing potential Xbox One upgraders or 2) It's terrible and they don't want the flood of criticism to take up all of the media cycles around launch
It's Bluepoint. I doubt it's terrible.

OrigiNull

This is a brilliant move. The reception of the Xbox One and PC version will be what people remember and the 360 version will be ideally be placed to be taken out back and shot.

S¡mon;99877133 said:
Yep, this is a smart move from Microsoft: the people who want Titanfall, will now feel like they have to resort to the Xbox One.

Also, there won't be any direct graphical comparisons @ launch. So people won't notice graphics are likely quite similar.

I doubt they are similar.

ymmv

Banned
Maybe EA should delay the PC version as well. This ploy has worked wonders for Ubisoft. (On the other hand, it's an online only title, so it's pirate proof)

Drainer

Banned
2 possible reasons for this.

Realistic version and the tinfoil version. Realistic version is that there's a reason we haven't seen this game at ALL on 360 and that's because it's a fair bit inferior to the One version DESPITE the talented studio working on it.

Hence the delay too.

Tinfoil version. Bluepoint are too good at what they do, made the 360 version on par or better than the One version and MS don't want to have people buying the 360 over the One version for those that have the choice.

Delay fruther removes that option

Either one is interesting truth be known.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
The real question here is how much can you really get done in two weeks on such a project?

Because as a consumer this screams Microsoft trying to get 360 owners extra incentive to pickup a One in March,

Degrading the graphics to differentiate it from the xb1 version?

just kidding.

hopefully its optimizations but since its source.. I don't think it would require a delay..

Into

If this is a strategic move by MS and EA, i really question it for the health of this game. Xbox 360 is where this game will make most of its sales, by delaying it even 2 weeks, it is enough for the hype train/marketing blitz to fizzle out. Considering the stacked March month, the game on 360 could get lost in the shuffle and seen as second rate.

MS is happy, but EA and Respawn want this to be a big franchise

Averon

What possible touch ups can be done in two weeks? Aren't the discs already being pressed at that time? If so, they could just release the "touch ups" as a patch post release.

Pretty obvious this is an attempt by EA and MS to push people to buy the XB1 version of the game.

If this is a strategic move by MS and EA, i really question it for the health of this game. Xbox 360 is where this game will make most of its sales, by delaying it even 2 weeks, it is enough for the hype train/marketing blitz to fizzle out. Considering the stacked March month, the game on 360 could get lost in the shuffle and seen as second rate.

MS is happy, but EA and Respawn want this to be a big franchise
EA's willing to do whatever MS wants them to do (and pays them to do) I suspect. I do feel badly for Respawn though. This whole thing probably hasn't gone exactly how they wanted.

What possible touch ups can be done in two weeks? Aren't the discs already being pressed at that time? If so, they could just release the "touch ups" as a patch post release.

Pretty obvious this is an attempt by EA and MS to push people to buy the XB1 version of the game.

COMPLETELY obvious attempt.

V_Ben

Banned
EA's willing to do whatever MS wants them to do (and pays them to do) I suspect. I do feel badly for Respawn though. This whole thing probably hasn't gone exactly how they wanted.

Feel for bluepoint games too. They were probably working on a PS3 version of Titanfall for some time next year.

angelic

Banned
I actually believe them, it must be a hell of a job porting to a console with 512mb ram. Maybe Bluepoint are removing the controller battery life indicator to free up resources.

Jigorath

Banned

EA's been screwing Respawn left and right here. They make a lifetime exclusivity deal behind their back, and now they're delaying the 360 version for purely business reasons. I wouldn't be surprised to see Respawn just walk away from EA after this.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
ienNYzo.jpg

God that guy is a moron.

Top Bottom