• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

legacyzero

Banned
2fKRFrB.jpg

Yo Origin...
image.php

ACE 1991

I'm rocking an i5 2500K, 1GB 6950 and 8GB of ram. Can anyone let me know what kind of performance/mix of settings I can expect to get 45+ at all times? I imagine I'll have to tone down texture quality due to my low amount of vram... I really should have opted for the 2GB model of the 6950 when I purchased it 2 and a half years ago.

I thought the reward was fun? Deaths and kills don't even count in the "overtime", what risk?
Dat kdr mang

Seriously though I have no idea. I always try to go out with a bang. Literally (Nuclear Ejection by the dropship).

You can't eject directly into the dropship anymore by the way, for those that used that tactic in beta. Seems you need to actually get in through the sides now.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
For those of you running the beta at 1080p, max settings at 120+ hz - were you able to stay stable at 120+ fps? If so, what were your specs?

Deaths seemingly do. I thought they didn't at first but I checked a few times and they do.

Oh... they didn't in the BETA if I recall correctly. There was even a tweet from one of the guys at Respawn saying that it didn't count (both kills and deaths). I guess they changed that unfortunately.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Just noticed my CE won't be day one delivery from amazon :(

Oh well can't play till Saturday or Sunday anyways (Dam you work trip!!!!)

levemir

Banned
Yea Deaths definitely count in Epilogue.

But not kills? I saw devs say kd don't count on purpose in epilogue, so why would they change that? Anyone else confirm?

Also anyone that played before and after the day one patch, did you notice what changed?

Dynamic3

Played the beta on my X1, but it was quite choppy so I just blindly preloaded on my PC. Did anyone participate in the beta with a 2500K / 560ti, and can comment on performance?

Cool.

What was the general consensus? The same resolution?

There is still no word on what the actual resolution is. It seems the same but who knows. One of the people who has played the XB1 version said things looked a little better than the beta (doesn't mean the res. is higher just maybe cleaned up the graphics a bit).

hawk2025

I'm more interested in the framerate.

Any improvements from the Xbox One beta? What about on the other 13 maps?

Ugh I wish this had released yesterday!

But not kills? I saw devs say kd don't count on purpose in epilogue, so why would they change that? Anyone else confirm?

Also anyone that played before and after the day one patch, did you notice what changed?

The Day 1 patch was already up Thursday night when people were starting to get early copies of the game. I don't think anyone played without the patch being installed.

Island

I'm rocking an i5 2500K, 1GB 6950 and 8GB of ram. Can anyone let me know what kind of performance/mix of settings I can expect to get 45+ at all times? I imagine I'll have to tone down texture quality due to my low amount of vram... I really should have opted for the 2GB model of the 6950 when I purchased it 2 and a half years ago.
I have the same set up (2gb card though) I was able to run it on max with no problems besides some stuttering (easily 45+fps)

Jarmel

Banned
How does the campaign stuff work?
There is voice over dialogue in the menus depending on if you won or lost the previous match.

There is a cutscenes intro into the match, different radio cutscenes depending if you're winning or losing.

Also different voice over dialogue.

That's it.
did the framerate improve over the beta
Not really, maybe a bit not that much.

Not sure about kills but I checked my KDR from the previous match. Before the epilogue I went 9-3 but died in epilogue and KDR was in the 2 range.

Milennia

Ok, so after watching the video of corporate.. I dont like it at all, aesthetically or its layout with the middle being open and few options for high ground whilst outside.

I however really like outpost after seeing that video.

Jarmel

Banned
Is it fun? Does it feel like a real campaign and not just like regular mp?

Campaign is pretty much crap except the Battle of Detebar(or something). Great intro.

Number of maps is 15, right? or maybe 16 like cboat said?

Most if the maps in the beta are in the game. I haven't counted but stuff like Training Groubd is in there.

What's the campaign like?

Attrition and Hardpoint.

Campaign is pretty much crap except the Battle of Detebar(or something). Great intro.

Most if the maps in the beta are in the game. I haven't counted but stuff like Training Groubd is in there.

Attrition and Hardpoint.

Is the final game still fun as hell?

Jito

Banned
How big is the PC download then? I'm now up to 22.75 GB at 45% downloaded. I thought it was just 22 GB download and 50 GB installed?

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Any questions? I've played most of the maps at this point and beaten the militia side of the campaign.

How much fun are you having? How does the gameplay compare to other modern shooters like BF3/4 and CoD? Any big negatives in your experience so far?

Jarmel

Banned
Is the final game still fun as hell?

For the most part. I got stuck with some fucking awful teams, so I was getting frustrated earlier. Had two teammates go 0-9, while the other team was wrecking us.
How do you like overlook and airbase?

Airbase is pretty cool. I'll have to check which one Overlook is.

In the campaign MP, do you get to choose your loadouts like classic? Do you earn EXP?

Yes to both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom