• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

£6.60 for the season pass, ok fine i'll buy it, but only because I want to play horde on them :)

I do feel a little sorry for those who paid full whack for it though.

Game is on sale for xb1 digital 24.99. 8.25 for season pass.

UK prices annoy me, and it's not just the vat and tax stuff it's anything 3rd party or EA, always inflated digital prices here. It's £27.50 down from £55.

Raide

Awesome! You really are going to have a blast!

Don't stay on the ground. Besides having higher ground and not being stepped on by titans you move faster wall running than running on the ground.

Played some of the Beta but looking forward to the new Horde mode thingy. Fairly new to my Xbox One, so will be good to meet up with some GAF players in time.

Played some of the Beta but looking forward to the new Horde mode thingy. Fairly new to my Xbox One, so will be good to meet up with some GAF players in time.
Oh okay, cool cool.

Yeah the new defense mode is so much fun! I wish so badly it was there since the beginning but I guess it's not too much a problem. Tons of people playing that mode. It is really interesting because certain burn cards you would never use in Attrition and such you might actually use in the defense game type. I never used the grunts, specters and auto-titans ignore you card but in defense it is super useful!

Joined a game during the epilogue. Lost my battlemark. There's no excuse for that, Respawn.

Edit: Oh, ok, the entire opposing team quit 90 seconds in and there goes another battlemark. Frustration mounting here in Diamond IV.

Argonomic

Joined a game during the epilogue. Lost my battlemark. There's no excuse for that, Respawn.

That case was missed during testing. It is fixed but didn't make it into the server patch today.

Edit: Oh, ok, the entire opposing team quit 90 seconds in and there goes another battlemark. Frustration mounting here in Diamond IV.

Hmmmm, could you be more specific? Did the game do the premature-ending-due-to-one-team-quit? And it still cut your battlemark?

Thanks.

Right, entire enemy team quit, I was maybe a quarter of the meter, and it damaged my battlemark according to the end of game summary. I'm pretty sure, I don't recall what my battlemark status was at that point, but the text indicated that it was cracked because of that performance. I could be wrong. I didn't record it, and I was too frustrated to look at it for long.

Lots of crashes leading to damaged battlemarks as well.

Montresor

What are people's loadouts for Titanfall's horde mode?

Initially I had a hard time 2-starring anything, but now I'm carrying my entire team from game to game. It's still very difficult to 3-star a map, but I'm cool with just the 2-stars for the achievement, heh.

For my pilot: Smart Pistol with extended mag, Sidewinder, Stim, Power Cell, and Guardian Chip.

The Smart Pistol completely shreds grunts and spectres. It's beautiful. Guardian Chip to make my auto-titan more lethal. Stim and Power Cell to help with running to a mortar titan in case my own titan is destroyed.

For my titan: Atlas, Quad Rocket with the super-fast attack speed modification, Nuclear Ejection, Core Accelerator, Rocket Salvo.

Atlas because the extra damage core ability helps tremendously when facing nuke titans. Quad Rocket with the speed mod shreds everything from what I can see. Easy to kill titans with AND the splash damage means you can kill ground units without aiming perfectly. I was initially using the XO Chaingun and I love that gun in competetive multiplayer, but it's ineffective inhorde. Nuclear Ejection is amazing. I've once taken out four nuke titans away from the harvester with nuclear ejection.

Izuna

Banned
For Horde I use 40mm in case I have horrible teammates, but I think a team of Arc Cannons is best personally.

Electric Smoke is a no brainer as a well placed one pretty much destroys Titans, and Cluster is the same as Nuke Titans tend to stay in place and take the damage.

Core Extender is better than Accelerator since you only active when there is a wave of Titans, and of course Nuclear explosion is important for getting a new Titan when you have low health.

Here is a clip of why I need 40mm if my team isn't pulling their weight: http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=...asky&vid=baeee761-4034-457b-ab30-a042694c9a62
I wonder if Respawn will fix Training Grounds announcement haha.

Raide

Played my first Horde mode match and my first retail Titanfall match. Damn that was fun. Seems to be a good way for new players to rank up a bit.

tauke

Played my first Horde mode match and my first retail Titanfall match. Damn that was fun. Seems to be a good way for new players to rank up a bit.

Yup I can see Frontier Defense to be a popular mode for newcomer to get the feel of the game.

Raide

Yup I can see Frontier Defense to be a popular mode for newcomer to get the feel of the game.

Failed my second game. Nice that you get a few retries before it finally kicks you out. Coming in on the dropship to rain down rockets also feels badass. Shame the map is covered by trees, so getting a solid lock was hard.

In some ways I am glad to be coming in late, since I have loads of content to catch up on.

I noticed this thing about AI Voice, whats that all about?

Montresor

Failed my second game. Nice that you get a few retries before it finally kicks you out. Coming in on the dropship to rain down rockets also feels badass. Shame the map is covered by trees, so getting a solid lock was hard.

In some ways I am glad to be coming in late, since I have loads of content to catch up on.

I noticed this thing about AI Voice, whats that all about?

Your Titan has an AI and speaks to you occasionaly: "Hostile titanfall detected," or "You are outnumbered two to one".

The game comes with three default Titan AI voices you can choose: lady with American accent, lady with British accent, and male with British accent. The newest update included a bunch of new multilingual Titan AI voices:

Japanese female AI
Spanish female AI
German female AI
Italian female AI
Russian female AI
French female AI

There are also some new English-language AI voices, like Sid, whom sounds like the Harbinger from Mass Effect 2.

Raide

Your Titan has an AI and speaks to you occasionaly: "Hostile titanfall detected," or "You are outnumbered two to one".

The game comes with three default Titan AI voices you can choose: lady with American accent, lady with British accent, and male with British accent. The newest update included a bunch of new multilingual Titan AI voices:

Japanese female AI
Spanish female AI
German female AI
Italian female AI
Russian female AI
French female AI

There are also some new English-language AI voices, like Sid, whom sounds like the Harbinger from Mass Effect 2.

I assume you need the custom Titan loadout to change it right?

I have wanted Japanese VO for ages!!

What are people's loadouts for Titanfall's horde mode?

Initially I had a hard time 2-starring anything, but now I'm carrying my entire team from game to game. It's still very difficult to 3-star a map, but I'm cool with just the 2-stars for the achievement, heh.

For my pilot: Smart Pistol with extended mag, Sidewinder, Stim, Power Cell, and Guardian Chip.

The Smart Pistol completely shreds grunts and spectres. It's beautiful. Guardian Chip to make my auto-titan more lethal. Stim and Power Cell to help with running to a mortar titan in case my own titan is destroyed.

This is what is sort of bothering me about Frontier Defense. The more I play it, the more I realize that there's pretty much a "correct loadout" to the point of almost being punished for using anything else.

There seems to be no practical reason to use any gun other than the Smart Pistol.

Argonomic

Right, entire enemy team quit, I was maybe a quarter of the meter, and it damaged my battlemark according to the end of game summary. I'm pretty sure, I don't recall what my battlemark status was at that point, but the text indicated that it was cracked because of that performance. I could be wrong. I didn't record it, and I was too frustrated to look at it for long.

Lots of crashes leading to damaged battlemarks as well.

Thanks, I'm going to look into the "entire team quits, bad things happen to battlemarks" issue.

Ennosuke

Was in love with this game after release, but one day I had enough of it. But today I played it thr first time for a couple of months. And it still is an awesome game.

I bought the season pass and I hope there will be some players around. I fear that the MCC will steal all the players from titanfall.

Izuna

Banned
Dailies connected to the Achievement is perfect to keep me playing.

Rank Chips getting reset at the end of a Season would feel strange though. =(
You could derank everyone once so that they have to keep it up, but restarting once a month?

Ah nvm. Still a great game. "Repawn" is my new favourite team. Keep the 100% awesome game track record.

Rembrandt

Banned
man, frontier defense is an amazing mode. it has seriously made me love this game so much more and not just because it's a very easy way to level up. I forget what map we played, but we had 20 nuke titans, one teammate was down and we were so close to losing, but somehow we pulled through and I wanted to hug my teammates. So much fun. I hope we keep getting more modes and I can't wait for the floor is lava esque one. That's going to be great and hectic.

Seriously, what does the game want from me in diamond?

Clip - When I get that term at the end my meter actually goes down a slight bit... wtf? With all my kills towards the end the meter just wasn't moving, I think I wouldn't have made it even if I had went 30-0.

Clip - This seems like a bug on some level. Long video, gameplay not that interesting, unless you like watching me get kicked around a bit, so feel free to skip around. Anyway... at the beginning of the video the meter goes from like half to full for seemingly no reason (because people connected/disconnected?), then at the end of the game it goes from full, to slightly less than full, and back to full as the game counter expires. Then after the game it decides that it's not full again and gives my battlemark a smashing.

Clip - Not related to battlemarks or anything, just a silly bug I've never seen before and will never see again. I was put into Emperor Palpatine mode for like 2 minutes.

In horde mode I ejected from my titan just as a drop pod landed at my feet, the game thought as I ejected I was actually on the ground and so I hit my head on the inside of the pod and got stuck in the ground, my titan still exploded but I found it funny.

Does ejecting register you from leaving the ground from the titan's feet? otherwise I should have been above the pod and flew into the air without a problem.

Argonomic

Rank Chips getting reset at the end of a Season would feel strange though. =(
You could derank everyone once so that they have to keep it up, but restarting once a month?

Rank never resets. You lose 15 Battlemarks when the new season starts.

Seriously, what does the game want from me in diamond?

More tuning is coming. Thanks for the clips.

^Good stuff to know. Hoping for good stuff once the Beta season ends. But got that brain-itch that is telling me I need to max out my battlemarks before the end of the season. Will try to grind them out in LTS or maybe Hardpoint over the next couple of days!

Raide

Saving up for the Japanese VO for the Titan AI.

Would like to see more than just turrets to drop for the defence mode. Or at least more interesting turrets. Maybe even mortal turrets etc.

Izuna

Banned

15 yeah? So at the end of each season I should go from Diamond Tier 5 (5 marks) to Gold with none. I can see myself keep up to Diamond each season. Thanks.

The battlemark is the little crystal that you use to level up, not the tier. You'll really just lose 3 tiers since it takes 5 marks to rank up one tier. So diamond one should drop to plat three, diamond five down to diamond two, etc.

Izuna

Banned
The battlemark is the little crystal that you use to level up, not the tier. You'll really just lose 3 tiers since it takes 5 marks to rank up one tier. So diamond one should drop to plat three, diamond five down to diamond two, etc.

Ah yeah I missed calculated that.

Still struggling to find a party of four that can handle 3 whole stars. Anyone looking for someone else who's not terrible? Friend meeeeee: Digital Limit

Izuna

Banned
Impossible to get into a game of 6v6. If this is because of the matchmaking it has to stop, the game is so dead now. I feel like it is trying to balance the gam so much you just can't find anyone.

I got 168 points, 7 deaths and got deranked. Now that sucks.

tauke

Impossible to get into a game of 6v6. If this is because of the matchmaking it has to stop, the game is so dead now. I feel like it is trying to balance the gam so much you just can't find anyone.

I got 168 points, 7 deaths and got deranked. Now that sucks.

The matchmaking tries hard to keep a "balanced" game. I hate it when I'm the MVP of the round, the next match it throws me into a new lobby and I guess against a stacked team.

Well that doesn't went smooth as my teammates are still Gen 1 newbie and got raped instead. This is on PC of course.

The Ranked Mode kicked me around pretty good today. Played a lot, and drifted down to the low end of Diamond Tier 2. It even gave me the opportunity to get two battlemarks in one match. I would have thought that was a plat thing, but maybe not. Not that it matters, at over 200 attrition points I was barely over the one battlemark level. Granted it was a game that ended up mostly 2v2.. but still.

26-1 not good enough for a battlemark in pilot hunter.

90+ attrition points with zero deaths not good enough in attrition.

25,000 titan damage along with 12 titan kills in a whopping 3 rounds of an LTS game that i joined in progress at 1-2 (won 4-2) resulted in battlemark damage. For that matter 17 titan kills wasn't enough in another match.

I tried to record it, but I guess I said it too late, but it seems like for LTS rodeo damage doesn't count? I Spitfire Slammered an Ogre from full health to doomed and my meter didn't budge an inch.

Clip - All too common server crash at the end of a round. I'd record the game client crash when loading maps as well, but that's just not how the Game DVR works.

Clip - Weird glitch. So, I have a particle wall, a guy tries to smoke me, I bounce back and try to pop my wall. Then his smoke... teleports to my location? Or my titan pops smoke it doesn't have that kills itself? My titan is completely stuck, I can't move at all, believe me I'm trying. My particle wall meter goes back to full even though it started draining because I pressed the button, and my titan dies.

Clip29-5 and 3500+ assault points not even close to enough for battlemark.

Please tell me that my beta rank isn't going to be a part of the Season History tab.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Though I'd try the game again with the new mode and unfortunately it's still unplayable for me. The server just keeps booting me off. Oh well.

Heh, seriously though. It's a bit frustrating completely dominating in a match, getting MVP, winning the game, and still getting a damaged battlemark. Which is why I stopped ranked play at Diamond 1. It's too stressful since I don't know what's going to make me lose it.

Now that I have an XB1 I figure I really ought to pick this up - Problem though is time (Some game about a giant ring in the sky is coming out shortly) - is the population still healthy on XB1? Hows performance these days (tearing bugs me more than it should)?

Top Bottom