• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall sells 10 million copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

10 million players sounds more reasonable. That being said. I'm very excited for a sequel. Can't wait to see how they expand the game.

biteren

Great numbers!

Congrats to respawn... This game gets an unhealthy amount of hate here for some reason but it was one of the bright spots of early generation and still one of my favorite games.

because its not on Playstation, hopefully the sequel will fix that

SURGEdude

10 million of what?

Unique players? Copies shipped?

Is EA Vault included in that number?

Also, this game has been dirt cheap multiple times over the past year, so this number doesn't feel particularly impressive.

Yeah I think we need clarification on this.

Either way it's a great game, a little content light, but one of the best of last year.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I think Hip Hop might have.......hopped to conclusions.

TWccFMO.jpg

dEvAnGeL

Game has been plenty times at 10 bucks for xbone and 5 bucks for PC at bestbuy, it would be interesting to know how many of those copies sold at full price

Gator86

Genuinely fun game. Didn't get past 20 hours or so though. Hoping they find a way to add more content or increase the longevity of the sequel.

faridmon

And only on one console
and PC

Goddamn. Great job and they deserve all those sales. Such a great multiplayer blueprint that is just a flaw or two from being a must have title.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Can we have a mod change the title until we get full confirmation on whether this is unique players or unit sales.

Percy

Banned
Oh, so not 10 million sales then?

Thanks for not jumping the gun or anything OP.

because its not on Playstation, hopefully the sequel will fix that

That and online only, multiplayer only 60 dollar game means they rightly earned the ire of people expecting a more substantial package for the price tag.

orochi91

because its really important, lol.

Promoting misinformation is kind of shitty lol

Nothing to say it isn't sales other than Gafjecture so no reason to change it, unless it somehow bothers you that it could be sales.

10 million sales hasn't been reflected in NPD and European sales charts over the past year, so I seriously question this game's capability of having shipped this many units under the radar.

A confirmation of sales is all that's needed, so until then, unique players seems to be the barometer.

Game has been plenty times at 10 bucks for xbone and 5 bucks for PC at bestbuy, it would be interesting to know how many of those copies sold at full price

I'm surprised so many people are trying to decredit this milestones. How many games selling 10 million at MSRP? None.

Here is some perspective:
A new multi-player only (ie sub required), new IP from a first time developer (in the midst of a legal battle) launching only on a second place console surrounded by controversy.

The cards were so entirely stacked against this game. 10 million sold or 10 million unique users either way what this game accomplished was pretty amazing when put into perspective.

How can anyone down play this? Why are people still so intent to see this game do shitty?

Promoting misinformation is kind of shitty lol

10 million sales hasn't been reflected in NPD and European sales charts over the past year, so I seriously question this game's capability of having shipped this many units under the radar.

A confirmation of sales is all that's needed, so until then, unique players seems to be the barometer.

Neither of those things take digital into account unless i'm mistaken.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Nothing to say it isn't sales other than Gafjecture so no reason to change it, unless it somehow bothers you that it could be sales.

It doesn't "bother" me.

Please don't try and paint me as trying to downplay anything here.

I'm a stickler for details and accuracy. If there is a mistake in news being reported I want it clarified.

As of right now we have no clarification so can neither say it is unique users or sales. Only that they are celebrating success of Titanfall.

For example, I recently posted a thread on Konami here - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1115443 - and realised within the first 10 minutes that I had made a mistake as the source was misquoted and not reliable. I then PM'ed a mod to close the thread. Why? Because it was incorrect and misinformation.

Percy

Banned
I'm surprised so many people are trying to decredit this milestones. How many games selling 10 million at MSRP? None.

A new multi-player only (ie sub required), new IP from a first time developer (in the midst of a legal battle)launching only on a second place console surrounded by controversy.

The cards were so entirely stacked against this game. 10 million sold or 10 million unique users either way what this game accomplished was pretty amazing when put into perspective.

How can anyone down play this? Why are people so intent to see this game do shitty?

Why are some people intent to pretend this game was Xbone exclusive when it wasn't?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Gafjecture is a new one I haven't seen before...sounds like something a sub-reddit would use.

Why are some people intent to pretend this game was Xbone exclusive when it wasn't?

It is really, really strange.

RedRum

Banned

A new multi-player only (ie sub required), new IP from a first time developer (in the midst of a legal battle) launching only on a second place console surrounded by controversy.

How can anyone down play this? Why are people still so intent to see this game do shitty?

Yeah. I remember going to a few management seminars and one of the goals of business is to get your product into the hands of as many people as possible. If it was 10 million sold, 10 million players, or 10 million of the game picked up in the bargain bin, I see no reason whatsoever to downplay an accomplishment obviously set by the company whom, in the picture, are celebrating about it.

The Argus

Got it with EA Access and I still play a few rounds every week. Lots of fun and I never have to wait for a match or experience any drops. Even though I was a year late I still top the score board almost every game. That never happens to me on any of the CoDs. Great to hear it cracked ten million.

Blobbers

I hate this spin and vagueness culture on social media. Just state it plainly so we don't have to guess. Almost as annoying as PRspeak.

Still a great number even if its 10 million players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom