• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TLG Support Group -- Now Officially Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the gamescom Sony conference thread

Is it time?

tumblr_m42v0t8A0b1qjemo2o1_400.gif

No way.......

TLG seems more like a TGS thing. I'm guessing Gravity Rush 2 but if it is.......

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
At this point I can't remember if TLG is alive or dead. It's like the schrodinger's cat of videogames.

I can't even imagine the state of this site if TLG reveals itself there and even gets a release date.

Would the site even hold up or would we see errors? 0_0

You guys should totally get super excited, I bet it's absolutely the Last Guardian and you should let your hearts love again because I'm sure that's it this time don't mind me I will just be standing back here watching

no, its not

lmao holy shit your tag.

Y have u forsaken us Kev

At this point I can't remember if TLG is alive or dead. It's like the schrodinger's cat of videogames.

lol this is a very good description. I can see it now.....

"The Last Guardian is not just the finest game that Team Ico has yet crafted and an easy contender for the best quantum metagame of two console generation, it may also prove to be gaming’s Schrodinger's Cat moment – a masterpiece that will be looked back upon favourably for both all of time and none of time."

5/5 Stars - Unmissable but also missable

storl026

It was the oldest entry on my Amazon wishlist. I deleted it last week. I want to believe it will come, but it was just getting too painful to keep it on the list.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I dont get it all Sony has to do is copy How to Train Your Dragon.

AmyS

Once The Last Guardian is released on PS4, all the speculation will then shift over to Shenmue III.

Once Shenmue III is released, or believed to be dead and never, ever happening, the speculation will then shift over to
the Final Fantasy VII Remake for PS4, or PS5
:p

mjontrix

It's a blatant case where a game idea failed and nobody that cares is left to properly pull the plug. I wouldn't even be surprised if somehow somewhere a couple devs still work on it in the spare time to keep the dream alive...

In any case, hype for this pile of nothing is ruining every sony conference for the past years. Time to properly kill the project, Sony.

Unbeliever :(

At the very least it gets people (especially the media) to tune in to the Sony conferences, like a foot in the door.

kasane

If theyre re announcing this they wont fucking do it at tgs. Stop saying that

If its gonna come out theyre gonna make a big deal about it on the e3 stage

Loakum

Banned
This game really took too long. I'll be lying if I said I am as hyped for it now, as I was friggin years ago. Hell, I'm not even convinced it's ever coming out.

sublimit

Banned
What i don't get is why Ueda hasn't even announced any other project yet? As a freelancer he must surely have worked on other projects too since 2011.
Did Sony made him sign a contract that doesn't allow him to announce any other project before the trainwreck that is TLG is finished?
Is Sony trying to "burn" Ueda's image now that they don't have him anymore?

farmerboy

It was the oldest entry on my Amazon wishlist. I deleted it last week. I want to believe it will come, but it was just getting too painful to keep it on the list.

See, I'm a stubborn prick, I would have left it there in spite and forever. Occasionally tweeting a screen grab to some poor twat at Sony accompanied by hysterically profane language.

What i don't get is why Ueda hasn't even announced any other project yet? As a freelancer he must surely have worked on other projects too since 2011.
Did Sony made him sign a contract that doesn't allow him to announce any other project before the trainwreck that is TLG is finished?
Is Sony trying to "burn" Ueda's image now that they don't have him anymore?

He didn't announce another project because the Last Guardian is close to completion as everyone will see at TGS. *twitches*

Why do you people keep doing this to yourself?

I stopped believing in Beyond Good & Evil 2 years ago. Even new concept art & statements didn't stir my anticipation, because I was able to let my logical brain step in and say "No. It obviously won't happen, so don't bother."

Did the same for Mirror's Edge 2 - and guess what, that game still ended up getting made anyways. And I felt GREAT when it was announced, because I didn't expect it at all.

Mar Nosso

Banned
I would say if it's not revealed at TGS it's deader than Shenmue 3.

Agreed.

I still have a sliver of hope that it is real, but that lasts until the end of TGS this year. If it's nowhere to be seen or mentioned in any capacity, then it's dead. No matter how many times Shuhei might say they're reworking it and how he wished he could show it to us.

Raven77

The Last Guardian WILL get released. However, it might have a different name, and I can guarantee you one thing, it will likely look drastically different from what we've seen so far. This has already been hinted at by Sony. Don't be shocked if the child character and the "creature" look very different from the previous videos.

Personally I hope they look the same but with dat-PS4-shine*.

GobFather

The Last Guardian WILL get released. However, it might have a different name, and I can guarantee you one thing, it will likely look drastically different from what we've seen so far. This has already been hinted at by Sony. Don't be shocked if the child character and the "creature" look very different from the previous videos.

Personally I hope they look the same but with dat-PS4-shine*.

Since it's been so long, maybe the child is now an adult, the monster bird is reborn like a phoenix and looks like spyro and...they go on an epic adventure.

Zen

Banned
Rime is your new Team Ico game guys. Along with Wild after a fashion, Sony realized the hole TlG was leaving ad it is no coincidence that Rime takes heavy inspiration from Team Icos work.

Maybe we will see re announced TLG in a year, if not TGS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom