• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TLG Support Group -- Now Officially Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elios83

For a PS3 game in 2009 it looked OK. This is 2015 and we have PS4s. It would be impressive if it stood the test of time. Even the top games of the era on PS3 like GT5/UC2/KZ2 all look like they were made using PS3 tech because well. They were.

Was really impressive back then, much more than just 'ok'.
Btw I think the game will be reintroduced this year, I don't know if at E3, but this year.
If it exists there's no way development will take more than 3 years to re-make it on the PS4, this is not a huge open world RPG.

Was really impressive back then, much more than just 'ok'.
Btw I think the game will be reintroduced this year, I don't know if at E3, but this year.
If it exists there's no way development will take more than 3 years to re-make it on the PS4, this is not a huge open world RPG.

I feel the same way. I'm not putting all my chips on E3, but definitely this year. I also think it will be a Spring title. Sony is going to announce plenty of exclusives at E3. Combine that with showing TLG and it won't matter to fans that there aren't many exclusives for the fall.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Hmm, I was reading the Guardian's most anticipated for E3 2015 and this part caught my eye.

Last Guardian (Sony, PS4)
Yes, we know it has been in development hell since 2007, but we have it on very good authority that this will be the year that Team Ico finally presents its follow-up to much loved classics Ico and Shadow of the Colossus. Whether it’ll bear any relation to the game last shown at E3 in 2009 is anyone’s guess.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting that but it sounds like they heard it will be at E3.

Salvation is near.

andylsun

Now you've gone and given me hope, damnit.

I was in a calm and comfortable space of not expecting anything. And now.... The whispers are starting and I start climbing the mountain of potential disappointment.

frnXxyM.gif

It seems like a distant memory the first time I saw that chain in a dark well. Not sure what has changed more since then, me or the game.

I was looking at the trailer and the graphics look like shit.

Like, totally last-gen.
The 2009 trailer? You high bro? It looked amazing and would have been top 5 best graphics if it released last ten. The second trailer looked notably worse but not the initial reveal.

Nibel

Not just 'good authority', but 'very good authority'

This is the year

Finally we'll play the game and watch both protagonists die in the end

Megatron

As for The Last Guardian, I really want an amazing trailer out of this E3 because I don't know if my heart can take reading all the sad comments of people saying they no longer have interest in this game. But I actually believe that half of them will come back when they see a new trailer.

Don't kid yourself, that won't happen.

They'll ALL come back.
And they'll bring friends.

sora87

It's gonna be a sickening thud to the temple when it doesn't show this year after sites starting to report on this now. :(

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
God damn it. We here mumblings like this every year. It's not that I don't want to believe... it's just... I don't know if I can be hurt again

I'm in.

Not because I want to play TLG, or even know what it is.

I'll admit I have no idea what it is.

All I know is there is a group of folks on GAF that have been lighting candles and saying prayers for it to exist for... years.

If something's got that dedicated a following, however big or small, I'm all for it.

Sony, if you're listening... Put up or Shut up. Announce something, even if it's an official cancellation (which I'm gathering from the OP hasn't happened officially). It's time to answer prayers or crush dreams, but at least put an end to the purgatory.

So yeah, I'm in, for however much it's worth from someone ignorant of what TLG is or is supposed to be. I hope you guys and gals get your prayers answered.

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
I'm in.

All I know is there is a group of folks on GAF that have been lighting candles and saying prayers for it to exist for... years.

If something's got that dedicated a following, however big or small, I'm all for it.

Sony, if you're listening... Put up or Shut up. Announce something, even if it's an official cancellation (which I'm gathering from the OP hasn't happened officially). It's time to answer prayers or crush dreams, but at least put an end to the purgatory.

So yeah, I'm in, for however much it's worth from someone ignorant of what TLG is or is supposed to be. I hope you guys and gals get your prayers answered.

WRioWkW.gif

We knew the GAF would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Sony scripture, the Bhagavad-Vita; Yoshida is trying to persuade Ueda that he should do his duty and, to impress him, takes on his multi-armed form and says, "Now I am become Hype, the destroyer of games." I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
This is fantastic. Bravo.

Solidino

I'm in.

Immagine that you are not lifeexpectancy but Leonard Hofstadter, this would be my reaction to the fact that u don't know TLG.. XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpeF067Hx2Y

Anyway thank for the spiritual support. XD

I still believe it's coming.

And I'll keep expecting an announcement at every major games show until there's an official cancellation.

Sony haven't taken any of the many opportunities they've had to confirm that it's cancelled. So I'll keep waiting. Hopefully not too much longer now...

But, I have to wonder what this game is going to be like now, after so many years, and with all the changes at Studio Japan. I personally preferred the creature design from the leaked trailer to the official reveal trailer released the day after. Who knows what the creature looks like now.

It's problematic for games to spend too long in development because the technology is always moving forward and improving. take too long and the games assets or mechanics can become stale by the time of release. It costs a lot of time/money to redo/update an entire games assets/systems.

Obviously, that will have to have occurred to some extent if the rumored shift to PS4 is true. But I'm curious to see the comparisons when we finally get to see it.

I do wonder also how Sony will announce/re-reveal it though. Given how tight lipped they are about it, I'd be surprised if it gets any kind of announcement before the game is basically going through final QA, with a release date in the same quarter. Only a fool would re-reveal this game now for a 2016 release. Even a Christmas release would raise peoples skepticism given last years Christmas release schedule of slipped dates and broken releases.

DUDE WHAT HAPPENED?!

I leave to go play Witcher 3 for like 2 hours and the thread got closed! Ah man, that thing was so much fun too. We were having a blast in there :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom