• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today marks the 22nd Anniversary of one of the GOATs

fart town usa

Gold Member
s-l400.jpg

11/20/2001

Amazing game. Sequel had more content but gameplay wasn't as seamless/chill and the OST wasn't as good. I have the 3rd but didn't play much, altered controls and different studio, just wasn't the same.

I know there are fans here. Let's show some love for this absolute masterpiece.

I'll be streaming it tonight and sharing stories of the drunken antics my buddy and I would have in 11th grade, playing this in his baller status basement bedroom while sniping drinks from his parents liquor cabinet. If you want to watch shoot me a PM and I'll send the link over. Don't want to whore my stuff to the general masses.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
You definition of GOAT is rather broad.
Must not have played the game. That's a shame.

Besides capturing the vibe of snowboarding culture and bringing a sense of realism to a genre that was usually stuck in the arcades or arcade style in nature, the game also showcased the HDD capabilities by allowing impressive draw distance and seamless runs. It's like the snowboarding version of Skate before skate was a concept. The OST is absolutely God-tier as well. Just pure 'play at your own pace' videogame fun.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
This game ruled. Extremely chill and fun physics model. One of my favorite Xbox games.

OP, have you tried Shredders? It’s kinda similar and also great. I feel like I am the only person who ever played it.

fart town usa

Gold Member
This game ruled. Extremely chill and fun physics model. One of my favorite Xbox games.

OP, have you tried Shredders? It’s kinda similar and also great. I feel like I am the only person who ever played it.

I haven't but I'm glad you mentioned it cause it's been in the wishlist for a few months. I'll definitely get it sometime this winter. 🍻

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
They probably never played it. I loved this game too bro. That guy telling you eat shit is such a cunty reaction to an innocuous thread about a very old game.
I know right, lol.

The game is a freaking gem all day. I have nothing against SSX, 1080, etc. though I never really took to them myself, Amped was the snowboarding game I always envisioned as a kid. It's just damn fun and so easy to get into.

Appreciate the positive words and glad someone else enjoys the game as much as I do. 🍻

Loved Amped. Really cool Snowboard title. I thought the sequel was just as good. I played Steep not too long ago, and I thought it was a good time, def. could be fun with buddies.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I didn't think the game was great, but I do really appreciate that early Xbox game visual style. Maybe it's just nostalgia, but it looks so clean.
Regarding the game being great or not, what I've noticed over the years is that if you love SSX, Amped is whatever. If you weren't big on SSX, Amped was the go to. Total polar opposites but both are masters at what they do gameplay wise.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Some samples of the licensed OST. Has like 150 or so tracks. Can also rip MP3s to the HDD but I've always stuck with the on-disc OST.

So many more too, great blend of emo, indie rock, hip hop beats, etc.

calistan

🤦 I'm honestly amazed that this throwaway thread has garnered some of these replies.
What's wrong with saying it isn't as good as 1080? On the one hand you've got Wave Race on snow, on the other you have yet another Tony Hawk-style extreme sports trickfest.

Top Bottom