• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Game Show 2009

harSon

Banned
duckroll said:
No, I just think it would be funny. I don't expect to see anything from Itagaki for quite a while. Sakaguchi on the other hand... who knows. I've been doing my duty buying Mistwalker games, but it isn't looking good for them. :(

Maybe they'd be in a better position if Publishers spent more then $50 on advertising their games :(

duckroll

harSon said:
Maybe they'd be in a better position if Publishers spent more then $50 on advertising their games :(

Yeah, it's really odd. Namco seems to have no problem footing the bill for the development of a new Blue Dragon game on the DS, and it looks like the production values are pretty damn high. Yet they seem to be uninterested in marketing it in any viable way whatsoever. It makes no sense at all.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
There better be a new Mega Man game there. And not the battle network/starforce crossover, something new.

scaffa

I'm excited for TGS, can't wait and wish I could go to it. And the funny thing is.. one week later and I will be in Tokyo. Why oh WHY did I book my ticket a week later :| So stupid.. goddammit..

Such an event and I miss it :lol

ShinAmano said:
Neir Gestalt? Looks sweet to me.
I need to see more. The player character and backgrounds look fine, but in all 4 screenshots the giant enemies look like indecipherable blobs.

Oh, and the Tokyo Vikings better announce their game be at TGS.

Sipowicz

Banned
duckroll said:
No, I just think it would be funny. I don't expect to see anything from Itagaki for quite a while. Sakaguchi on the other hand... who knows. I've been doing my duty buying Mistwalker games, but it isn't looking good for them. :(

from what i can tell all mistwalker games have presentation issues. ash looked really bad on the field screen. blue dragon had some of the worst voice acting ever made and i think i saw a talking orange teddy bear in the demo. away controlled really weird and was ugly as hell

the new blue dragon looks stunning though as you said.

i dont know if they can develop on wii. as i understood it they're in a similar situation to rare, where they can only make home console games for the 360

ShinAmano

a Master Ninja said:
I need to see more. The player character and backgrounds look fine, but in all 4 screenshots the giant enemies look like indecipherable blobs.

Yes...it has been too long.

Feindflug

a Master Ninja said:

QFMFT! Hopefully we'll see at least a teaser.

We want to see ZOE3 & Suda/Mikami's Project as well. :(

Chittagong

Gold Member
Sadako Yamamura said:
I was going to go on Thursday and Friday but can't get the day off work.
Saturday or Sunday it is!!
To be honest, when I go, I usually don't play that many games. Lines are too long and I prefer just wandering around checking out the sights.

Last time I went I got shit load of the official programs and sent them to friends back home. If I get a few extras this time I can send them off to folks here if anyone is interested.

I'm not J-GAF, but I'll be flying over with a friend to party and TGS. We'll probably do show on Thursday since it's easier to get to the pods. Is there going to be a GAF meetup?

jett

D-Member
Birth by Sleep is pretty much KH3 people, how is it that you don't see this? :p

_dementia said:
meh, I felt much of Ico's charm was due to its low resolution. HD SotC with a fixed framerate would be rad thought.

I've seen people say this a lot, but ICO looks fucking awesome running in HD on an emulator.

jett said:
Birth by Sleep is pretty much KH3 people, how is it that you don't see this? :p
It's KH0! Which is better than KH3 because a story taking place earlier on (and serving a major explanatory function) is likely to be only quite ridiculous and not unbelievably ridiculous. For comparison, see MGS2 and MGS3.

Konami
-Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker (PSP) - Playable
-Winning Eleven 2010 (PS3/Wii/360) - Playable
-Winning Eleven Play Maker 2010 (Wii) - Playable
-5 additional games are:

-Suikoden VI - Playable
-Rhapsodia II (Suikoden Tactics II)
-Suikogaiden Runekreis Vol.1
-Gradius VI - Playable
-Contra/Probotector fusion of teams vs the Ultimate Alien Ninja Army of Doom

Sectus

John Harker said:
335px-Drace_Full.jpg

Judge Drace, now she know's whats up!
too bad she also dies incredibly quickly - go figure. Little good her armor and nobility does her in a game

Sad that's the only game I can think of where a woman is properly fit for battle. And though her standing is important, she's a very minor character :lol
940047_20070926_screen011.jpg

On the other hand, the other female characters in Soul Calibur don't nearly have as much armour. But still, Hilde is a great character design.

billy.sea

Banned
I remember last year I went to TGS when I was studying in Tokyo.
I spend the whole day there but only got to play three games because the lines were so long.

Games Played:
Ninja Blade (which I hated)
Resident Evil 5 (I was so hyped for this game)
Let's Tap (Very cool novel idea and I saw Yuji Naka hanging around aimlessly around the booth)

The Capcom booth was crazy as it had RE5, Phoenix Wright, Street Fighter IV, and especially Monster Hunter 3. Other interesting booth was Yakuza 3 (like a gangster party), Level 5 (the mere size of it for a little developer). The worst booth was Konami as it had nothing right after they released MGS4.

Mindlog

All I want is Lost Planet 2 info.

It's my most anticipated shooter atm. To hell with all the stupid fall/holiday FPS titles I want LP2.

Oh SWEET

A SquareEnix action adventure rpg hybrid with a nonsense name and dual leads, male and female... Threads of Fate 2!!

Wait... it’s not threads of fate 2?

Damn it SE, revive your psone hidden gem! Enough of this "mature" crap. Why must everything I fight look disgusting? Can't I fight cute looking tigers and gargoyles then become them any more?

Rpgmonkey

Really interested in seeing Tales of Graces and Resonance of Fate.

What are the chances of DQVI popping up for the show? Even if it's nothing but a trailer?

jiggle

duckroll said:
Erm......... are you sure Atlus is going to be at TGS? When was this announced?

Listed a few i assumed will be there, so i don't have to type more /highlights later. but i'll edit OP to avoid further confusion.

duckroll

jiggle said:
Listed a few i assumed will be there, so i don't have to type more /highlights later. but i'll edit OP to avoid further confusion.

Ah, okay. Yeah I'm just pointing it out since Atlus hasn't really been to a TGS for...... years now. They have more titles this year so they might decide to attend, but there hasn't been any announcement about it so far.

HamPster PamPster said:
Oh SWEET

A SquareEnix action adventure rpg hybrid with a nonsense name and dual leads, male and female... Threads of Fate 2!!

Wait... it’s not threads of fate 2?

Damn it SE, revive your psone hidden gem! Enough of this "mature" crap. Why must everything I fight look disgusting? Can't I fight cute looking tigers and gargoyles then become them any more?

I completely fucking approve of this. I seriously want to see Threads of Fate again.

Witchfinder General said:
Figured I'd post the new pics:

nier05.jpg

Good to see a woman properly attired and wearing sensible armour in a game for once.

I know Im late. But GODDAMN does she need some ass. Im stareing at it and cant the thought of a man out my mind. Cringe-worthy!

wsippel

Banned
highluxury said:
I know Im late. But GODDAMN does she need some ass. Im stareing at it and cant the thought of a man out my mind. Cringe-worthy!
Huh? I'd say she needs some clothes. I'm all for sexy heroines, and Nier gets bonus points for the high heels (I love it - sue me), but that character design is bullshit.

Sascha23

Banned
This is a fantastic thread.

I will be there for TGS and now I can look at this area to plan out my geekery.

Yes, 'geekery' is so a real word.

louis89

First (but I'm sure not last) time at TGS this year. I'd be happy just playing FFXIII and 3D Dot Game Heroes, anything else is just a bonus.

Hoping there's still free swag left on the Sunday...

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I'm going to keep my expectations really low for this. Afterall, the only interesting thing to come out of TGS 08 was the No More Heroes 2 announcement.

Sascha23

Banned
cvxfreak said:
So, who in J-GAF is going? :)

I'm not from J-GAF, but I will be there since I visit once a year around this time.

Would love to meet up some J-GAF mates.

Get me your info or link me to a meet-up thread if there is one please.

Johnas

Rpgmonkey said:
What are the chances of DQVI popping up for the show? Even if it's nothing but a trailer?

Just what I came in here to ask. Anybody know if the Square-Enix list in the OP is complete?

Firestorm

grandjedi6 said:
I'm going to keep my expectations really low for this. Afterall, the only interesting thing to come out of TGS 08 was the No More Heroes 2 announcement.
b-b-but halo 3 odst!!!

Please, somebody announce an interesting looking RPG.

jiggle

Johnas said:
Just what I came in here to ask. Anybody know if the Square-Enix list in the OP is complete?

The list is what's listed on SE's TGS website. It doesn't include everything they will be showing (i.e. NierG was announced and confirmed for TGS by Famitsu).

Teknoman

Augemitbutter said:
Konami-Gradius VI - Playable
-Contra/Probotector fusion of teams vs the Ultimate Alien Ninja Army of Doom

I need these two to happen.

Also Gradius VI needs to be in HD after the epicness of Gradius V.

Top Bottom