• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Game Show 2009

near

Gold Member
Galvanise_ said:
I think its pretty much a given that The Last Guardian will be there in some form or the other.

What are the chances that it'll be there in playable form? Gameplay footage would be all I ask for.

Near said:
What are the chances that it'll be there in playable form? Gameplay footage would be all I ask for.

I'm hopeful for gameplay footage too. There was already some in the previous trailer we've seen, with the boy causing a shelf and its contents to fall on a guard. All of that footage we've seen so far has been from the game engine, so it'll look really nice, regardless of what they show.

Tenkai Star said:
I guess its still to early to joke about eh.

BTW still working on that full translation. Its coming, just had a lot to do lately.

I'm just thankful that you were joking. It makes me sad when I think about Suikoden fans wanting another Tierkries over a canonical entry :(

I'll take it on DS or PSP, that's fine, I just want the Suikoden goodness of the past. I like to pretend Tierkreis (and IV ) didn't happen :lol

ultim8p00

Banned
a Master Ninja said:
I need to see more. The player character and backgrounds look fine, but in all 4 screenshots the giant enemies look like indecipherable blobs.

Oh, and the Tokyo Vikings better announce their game be at TGS.

Isn't it supposed to be an FPS with figther planes and boob guns or something? I really want him to return to hack and slash but he said he's doing something different now.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Defuser said:
I wish Sony would stop showing their western titles at TGS. Japan doesn't give a shit about them.

a) It's an international show.
b) I don't know if you are an expert on Japanese culture, I am.
c) Ugh

Andrew2

Banned
jiggle said:
It is now confirmed to be playable in Sony's booth, at least.

Thanks. OP updated. Skipped a few on that list until i find out the proper names.

2 unannounced PS3 games in the booth
3 unannounced PSP games
1 unannounced PSN game

I'm calling it, but I'm willing bet one of those unannounced titles is Tourist Trophy 2. What make me come to that conclusion is the fact that 1) someone on the GTplanet forums claim PD was working on something else and 2)The motorcycles in GT HD

expy

Banned
Nemesis556 said:
What the fuck is the difference between the two Nier games? >_>
360 gamers get to stare at man ass, and the other platform's
PS3
gamers get to stare at women ass.

jiggle said:
1 unannounced Archive game and 2 new services too

hmmm wonder what archive game deserves such secrecy with all the weekly releases they get there

I'm gonna guess FFVIII, FFIX or DQVII as the announced archive game and the 2 services are minis and vidzone (or a JP equivalent or a proper music store)

ethelred said:
Why would Sony announce new DS games?

:lol

Andrew2 said:
I'm calling it, but I'm willing bet one of those unannounced titles is Tourist Trophy 2. What make me come to that conclusion is the fact that 1) someone on the GTplanet forums claim PD was working on something else and 2)The motorcycles in GT HD

I'm gonna guess the next game from PD will be a RPG, Kaz has been pretty vocal about it.

Zanmato

Banned
Gomu Gomu said:
A new Onimusha game would be much appreciated :D. But the one and only thing I'm hoping to see, is Sakaguchi's game.
You poeple need to give up on Onimusha the franchise is dead move on.

:(

Hobbun

Augemitbutter said:
Konami
-Suikoden VI - Playable

Whoa!

Suikoden VI was announced and no one else has brought it up?

Oh please let this be back to the old Suikoden. Oh please let this be on a home console.

I would be shocked if this mythical Suikoden 6 ended up on the PS3. The series always has been behind the curve in terms of presentation.

Hobbun said:
Mythical? So the list that was given for Konami is not confirmed?

*has reservations now*

That list was a wishlist created by Augmit. I'm not sure why he bothers since everyone along with myself gave up on Konami years ago.

Hobbun

PepsimanVsJoe said:
I would be shocked if this mythical Suikoden 6 ended up on the PS3. The series always has been behind the curve in terms of presentation.

Mythical? So the list that was given for Konami is not confirmed?

*has reservations now*

duckroll

Hobbun said:
Whoa!

Oh please let this be back to the old Suikoden. Oh please let this be on a home console.

No, don't be fooled by the foolish dreams and imaginations of dumb people in this thread. :)

Edit: In case you haven't realized, Konami's "list" simply includes a bunch of mysterious "COMING SOON" games. People here have decided to let their imaginations go wild.

Hobbun

duckroll said:
No, don't be fooled by the foolish dreams and imaginations of dumb people in this thread. :)

Edit: In case you haven't realized, Konami's "list" simply includes a bunch of mysterious "COMING SOON" games. People here have decided to let their imaginations go wild.

Ah, my mistake then.

Thanks.

Talk about a balloon popping. *sigh*

TreIII

duckroll said:

I wonder what IGA's game is going to be. That's perhaps the one mystery I'm dying to see realized. Will he still get to make "his" CV game, or will this be the first sign of him and his team being assigned to something else?

Oh, and anything relating to BASARA 3, Ryu ga Gotoku 4 and another welcome Konami surprise (Goemon...?), would also be nice.

Hobbun said:
Whoa!

EVIL. That would be awesome if a new Suikoden was one of their coming soon games.

I'm going to TGS for the first time this year. I'm so fucking excited.

PepsimanVsJoe said:

That list was a wishlist created by Augmit. I'm not sure why he bothers since everyone along with myself gave up on Konami years ago.

they won't scare me off that easily. i remember when nobody believed in Gradius V until it was announced, it turned out great. people were ready to give up on Suikoden after IV, but then we got V. i'm not excited about the new console Castlevania yet, but apparently others are.

i see no reason to give up on them now. maybe i'll start after TGS......

Goldrusher

LocoRoco Midnight Carnival is a PSP game, not PSN.
Same with x-Radar Portable.

Right? If you mean PSN as in download-only, then it's confusing. Maybe use (PSP PSN).

Goldrusher said:
LocoRoco Midnight Carnival is a PSP game, not PSN.
Same with x-Radar Portable.

Right? If you mean PSN as in download-only, then it's confusing. Maybe use (PSP PSN).

Yes. Its being distributed via PSP PSN.

duckroll

TreIII said:
I wonder what IGA's game is going to be. That's perhaps the one mystery I'm dying to see realized. Will he still get to make "his" CV game, or will this be the first sign of him and his team being assigned to something else?

I hope it's Nanobreaker 2.

Zone of Enders 3
Suda/Mikami game
A new Capcom fighter
Earth Defense Force Sequel :D
2D Castlevania
Shadow Of Destiny 2 (only in a style similar to Heavy Rain)
Anything Resident Evil (excluding portable & cell phone titles)

= Perfect TGS for me

cvxfreak

Based on the responses in this thread:

Attending NeoGAF Members

cvxfreak
Zefah
Sadako Yamamura
Ledsen
Cheesemeister
Sascha23

Top Bottom