• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Game Show 2009

"After switching to U.S. developer The Collective for 'Silent Hill: Homecoming', Konami is rumored to be re-uniting the Japanese Team Silent for a return in 'Silent Hill 6'."

This quote is apparently in the April OPM, if this is one of the five unannounced Konami games I'm going to do a backwards swan dive into my asshole. Of course I'm not exactly holding my breath, but sometimes, miracles happen. Just very rarely. And this could be one. But won't be. Damn it.

holds breath

Spoo

brandonh83 said:
This quote is apparently in the April OPM, if this is one of the five unannounced Konami games I'm going to do a backwards swan dive into my asshole. Of course I'm not exactly holding my breath, but sometimes, miracles happen. Just very rarely. And this could be one. But won't be. Damn it.

holds breath

If this happened... I'd fucking shit myself.

It's possible, though, yes.
Homecoming was awesome tho

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Why would they already announce a new Silent Hill, when Shattered Memories isn't even out yet?

That's clearly the most exciting thing to be looking forward to right now!!
Don't take your eyes off the prize!

Shattered Memories is the biggest reason why I'm not holding out for an announcement yet. I'm just wondering how accurate that magazine is, if it's like the EGM rumors section or just a place where editors fantasize.

EXGN

So who thinks we'll see Dynasty Warriors 7 announced? I know Omega Force is working on Trinty Souls: Zill O'll, but I could see them announcing that too.

Part 2 of that question - who would care? :lol

Darkpen

Banned
Looking at those Nier screens again, I just want to see it in motion, because if they can deliver on what those screenshots promise in terms of ambiance, lighting, and shaders, it just might be gorgeous.

John Harker said:
Why would they already announce a new Silent Hill, when Shattered Memories isn't even out yet?

They announced Silent Hill Homecoming even though Silent Hill Origins was still to be released. Of course Origins and Homecoming were on different platforms. So perhaps that's the case with this Silent Hill also (assuming it's real)?

Irish

EXGN said:
So who thinks we'll see Dynasty Warriors 7 announced? I know Omega Force is working on Trinty Souls: Zill O'll, but I could see them announcing that too.

I would care, but only if it were like 3 or 4. Those were the best. 5 was alright. I just want to see SW 3 for anything other than Wii, DS, or PSP.

TreIII

EXGN said:

We all know Koei can be bad, but c'mon now. :lol

Right now, they should be focused on marketing the ports of DW:StrikeForce for 360/PS3, and making their best effort to fend off Capcom's BASARA 3 with Sengoku Musou 3. Koei's Omega Force team likely doesn't have the resources to invest in anything else, for the moment. Or at least, nothing worthy to be announced, just yet.

Again, the only thing I'm really gunning to see (beyond the likes of BASARA) is whatever Konami has up its sleeve. ZOE....? Goemon.....? ....Rocket Knight Adventures/Sparkster revival? :lol

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
TreIII said:

Right now, they should be focused on marketing the ports of DW:StrikeForce for 360/PS3, and making their best effort to fend off Capcom's BASARA 3 with Sengoku Musou 3. Koei's Omega Force team likely doesn't have the resources to invest in anything else, for the moment. Or at least, nothing worthy to be announced, just yet.

I hope Koei don't waste much of their money on this , because Capcom just outsmarted them when they port Sengoku Basara to PS3 alongside Wii , the genre sell good on PS3 , but yeah Capcom always read the market better than any other Japanese company .

is whatever Konami has up its sleeve. ZOE....? Goemon.....? ....Rocket Knight Adventures/Sparkster revival?

LOL

pretty sure they will focus on Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and Winning Eleven 2010 and Castlevania , maybe we will see MGS Raiden trailer/teaser too , so new Power Pro and some DLCs stuff .

Konami now is just a three tricks pony , they afraid of making new games , they afraid of publishing stuff , they afraid of using their old IP , they are just pure pathetic now .

thing is (I don't know about their financial situation , but I think it's not good ) to see their old IPs again , some rich company need to buy them first to make them secure and able to taking chances again .

Gorgon

duckroll said:
I think they were at TGS in 2004. No idea if they bothered after that.

If the're going to be at TGS or not is anyone's guess. But I think something will come out for the HD consoles next year. Persona 4 was released in July 10, 2008, and Raidou vs King Abaddon in October 23, 2008. They also stated that they won't develop more for the PS2. I think it's quite improbable that they will release nothing for the HD systems for more than 2 years (Q4 2008- Q4 2010) and will just release stuff for portable systems.

Those rumors about a new Persona 5, or maybe even a main SMT game for the HD systems may actually turn out real. I expect something for 2010 on the HD consoles.

EXGN

TreIII said:
Again, the only thing I'm really gunning to see (beyond the likes of BASARA) is whatever Konami has up its sleeve. ZOE....? Goemon.....? ....Rocket Knight Adventures/Sparkster revival? :lol

Actually, I spoke to Dave Cox recently via e-mail. We were talking about reviving classic franchises and the success Capcom has had(sans Bionic Commando) with relaunching theres. He ended it with a 'Who knows, maybe we'll see Sparkster again soon?' which kinda got my hopes up :lol

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
duckroll said:
I think they were at TGS in 2004. No idea if they bothered after that.
I tried looking this up and from what I can tell they were last at TGS in 2005. But I can't find evidence of them ever announcing anything at TGS, which makes sense.

EXGN said:

I CARE!!

I am really eager for a massive reboot of DW..

With Online and 'Next-gen' Graphics but with the awesome gameplay of 4

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Subliminal42 said:
I CARE!!

I am really eager for a massive reboot of DW..

With Online and 'Next-gen' Graphics but with the awesome gameplay of 4
Take out the online capabilities and you've probably got Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires already. It's about as "next-gen" (why are we still using this term?) as you're going to get.. this is Koei we're talking about here. They aren't the smartest, brightest and quickest kids on the block but they know how to milk a product when it sells.

speedpop said:
Take out the online capabilities and you've probably got Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires already. It's about as "next-gen" (why are we still using this term?) as you're going to get.. this is Koei we're talking about here. They aren't the smartest, brightest and quickest kids on the block but they know how to milk a product when it sells.

Well, i would presume that in 7 they would finally drop the Ps2 and be able to focus more on visuals for the 'next-gen' consoles.

First thing i thought when i started up 6:E - "It still looks like 4"

brandonh83 said:

holds breath
Oh man. There's no words to express my feelings if this comes to life. :eek:

louis89

What are the lines like at TGS? I've never been to a big games event like this, closest was Eurogamer Expo, where there were like, two people maximum in front of you.

Also are there time limits on how much you can play?

louis89 said:
What are the lines like at TGS? I've never been to a big games event like this, closest was Eurogamer Expo, where there were like, two people maximum in front of you.

Also are there time limits on how much you can play?

They say they're taking measures to combat the long lines this year (probably in response to the 5 hour waits for Monster Hunter 3 last year). You'll apparently be able to get tickets for playing games at certain times, although I'm not sure of the specifics

TreIII said:

It's not like the Basara games will ever make it to the states. I'll take 7 over the chances of Basara making it over.

Edit: Anyway I would love to see Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2

Shinriji

Please GOD, Bleach Blade Battlers 3rd for the PS3.

A new Initial D for PS3 (based on the Arcade Stage 5) would be also nice.

GothPunk

dragonflys545 said:
Edit: Anyway I would love to see Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2
So glad to read that, I would love that too. All the better if it has online capabilities of some kind, a larger character roster and an improved story mode.

Oozinator

Banned
I planned to visit TGS 09 public day during my 1st trip to Japan but I had to report the travel about two weeks later, please tell me I'm not missing much !

Lime

brandonh83 said:

holds breath

If this turns out to be true...then holy fucking shit.

robor

^While I'm not going to defend it per se, I am actually kinda happy in a sense that Front Mission is taking a new direction. As much as I love the older sequels, I don't think I could care enough for another "rebuffing" of the same formula again.

Nemesis_

spidye said:
:lol
seriously, it didn't look that good.
Coming 2008? what happend?

Developed by Access Games and heavily influenced by Twin Peaks made me not be as shallow to judge it based solely on graphics. >_>

duckroll

The latest update on Atlusnet pretty much confirms that Atlus won't be at TGS. They talk about P3P at TGS, and how it will be playable at Sony's booth, and the trailer will be screened on large screen LCDs there. They make no mention of any booth of their own, nor any intention to be at the show.

EXGN

JonStark said:
Is there any chance to see Tales of Vesperia PS3 coming stateside ?
Slim effect ? please

There was a news post the other week about the English TOV cast being recalled to record segments for new scenes... so I would say 100% chance :D

duckroll said:
Could just be for Tales of VS. :p

I can just ask them at the next SoCal anime con since half the English cast regularly attend these things and are quite forthcoming on their upcoming work. I'm sure some of them will be at PMX in November, or Yaoi con next month (though that's NorCal).

Just go to Vic Mignogna's blog (he played Zagi) and say you're a 15-year-old Edward Elric crossplayer and he'll spill his guts.

Top Bottom