• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo New World Record: Operation Abyss - |OT| The abyss will gaze back into you.

Dorarnae

I saw in some of your videos for Cross Blood Infinity that you played with infinity mode, what 5 classes did you use for the main game?

I'm already going through withdrawals waiting to start, thought about buying Etrian Odyssey IV or Untold, never played one of those before either.

I played with a fighter,assasin,archer,mage and cleric

definatly not the best party hehe. Not sure about my sub class though.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
same for me. prefered 3

Multiplayer with a friend fighting a boss was pretty intense. We had tried that once and man it was CRAZY.

Im still slowly making my way through the game am at the graveyard.

btw next week SoSC (Stranger of Sword City) PC.

CrovaxPSO

Multiplayer with a friend fighting a boss was pretty intense. We had tried that once and man it was CRAZY.

Im still slowly making my way through the game am at the graveyard.

btw next week SoSC PC.

The graveyard area is so huge, took me a long time to fill in the whole map, haha. After I got it all uncovered I started using portals to get around.

Parakeetman

The graveyard area is so huge, took me a long time to fill in the whole map, haha. After I got it all uncovered I started using portals to get around.

Yeah im seriously considering that since always something happens that 1 shots someone in the back row causing me to have to warp back to HQ... gonna shit kittens if it happens again today lol.

still looking for better gear as my samurai is way too underclassed currently weapon wise.

CrovaxPSO

Yeah im seriously considering that since always something happens that 1 shots someone in the back row causing me to have to warp back to HQ... gonna shit kittens if it happens again today lol.

still looking for better gear as my samurai is way too underclassed currently weapon wise.

I spent quite a while using a few gamble codes and reloading until I got something good, then again with a few more, etc. Did that for a while until I had lots of good stuff for my members that didn't have new gear.

Parakeetman

I spent quite a while using a few gamble codes and reloading until I got something good, then again with a few more, etc. Did that for a while until I had lots of good stuff for my members that didn't have new gear.

Im curious if luck status raises the chance of insta-kill or if its just more your level vs. the enemy level based. Since have been noticing Im not pulling it off as much as I used to. Samurai's luck is a bit low. But before then was killing a ton of stuff with insta-kills. Must be level based...

CrovaxPSO

Im curious if luck status raises the chance of insta-kill or if its just more your level vs. the enemy level based. Since have been noticing Im not pulling it off as much as I used to. Samurai's luck is a bit low. But before then was killing a ton of stuff with insta-kills. Must be level based...

I couldn't find the page for stat info on the Abyss wiki but on the Cross Blood wiki it mentions 各種スキル発動率 under luck, so maybe it affects the insta-kill for samurai.

Parakeetman

I couldn't find the page for stat info on the Abyss wiki but on the Cross Blood wiki it mentions 各種スキル発動率 under luck, so maybe it affects the insta-kill for samurai.

checked the wiki yeah seems like ill need to raise luck on everyone as it effects skills and spells. pretty much the higher the better. need to look at the purpose of int and spiritual is for the casters. do have a feeling spiritual helps raise resistance.

in the wiki look under the 小ネタ section for the info on the stats.

Parakeetman

yeah I think luck raise your chance. some monster are weaker to it too but higher luck help.

yeah indeed will be working on raising my int since this game it seems a lot more important than others.

also for lock picking doors with my scholar i think i need to raise his agi more since in the graveyard am having issues with some of the doors and not being able to pick them. i read that for whatever reason the agi or speed status raises

Dorarnae

yeah indeed will be working on raising my int since this game it seems a lot more important than others.

also for lock picking doors with my scholar i think i need to raise his agi more since in the graveyard am having issues with some of the doors and not being able to pick them. i read that for whatever reason the agi or speed status raises

not impossible, I had trouble with the doors in the graveyard too. but isn't there a spell to unlock door? (I don't remember if it was in this game).

I went full luck with my scholar and he never missed a trap with chest hehe.

Parakeetman

not impossible, I had trouble with the doors in the graveyard too. but isn't there a spell to unlock door? (I don't remember if it was in this game).

I went full luck with my scholar and he never missed a trap with chest hehe.

yeah dont think its a story crucial door, but still drives me crazy when i cant pick it tried 30 times in a row all failed lol

CrovaxPSO

I went mostly luck as well with my scholar and still had a few locks that took 10-15 tries. Never set off a trap though (unless scholar was KO and someone else had to do it...).

Parakeetman

ARGH stupid 1 hit kills lol. its not the dying part thats bad, but just having to go back to HQ to fix whoever died.

I need to look up if there is a better to defend one self against that 燃え尽き (burnt out) effect thing. Since man its so damned expensive to fix. D: And dont want to waste the portable ones.

tomorrow should have the PC image up for the SoSC thread.

CrovaxPSO

ARGH stupid 1 hit kills lol. its not the dying part thats bad, but just having to go back to HQ to fix whoever died.

I need to look up if there is a better to defend one self against that 燃え尽き (burnt out) effect thing. Since man its so damned expensive to fix. D: And dont want to waste the portable ones.

tomorrow should have the PC image up for the SoSC thread.

I eventually started carrying around the revive items even though they're a little expensive. I used them a lot in the last few dungeons because my knight would get stunned or something and someone else would die almost every time on fights against those stupid dragons.

That status effect didn't seem to cause any actual trouble for me so I just ignored it and fixed it when I went back to HQ normally.

KuroNeeko

OH my lawd!

I can't believe I missed this thread / game. I've been spending way too much time on my smart phone.

Got a paycheck coming up on Monday and am looking for something new to play.

I'm looking at SAO or one of these first-person dungeon games (along with SS: Delta.) I've been into DRPGs since Wizardry on the NES and Eye of the Beholder on the PC. Would you recommend this title over Demon Gaze or vice versa?

Was nice to see that 剣の街の異邦人 has an English name. I've been waiting for the Vita version to come out as it looks pretty good. How has the PC version been so far?

Parakeetman

OH my lawd!

I can't believe I missed this thread / game. I've been spending way too much time on my smart phone.

I'm looking at SAO or one of these first-person dungeon games (along with SS: Delta.) I've been into DRPGs since Wizardry on the NES and Eye of the Beholder on the PC. Would you recommend this title over Demon Gaze or vice versa?

Was nice to see that 剣の街の異邦人 has an English name. I've been waiting for the Vita version to come out as it looks pretty good. How has the PC version been so far?

btw you live in japan right? if so care to buy a standard or LE copy of the game from me brand new? will give you a write up when am home on how the title is

stranger pc just came out today. demo was out but didnt play that yet. need to update the OT today changing it to the pc ver.

Parakeetman

OH my lawd!

Let see here between Demon Gaze and This game, it will depend on what you are looking for or are not looking for.

Starting off with the Generation Xth series which this is based off of Operation Abyss is a bit on the older design side which also goes along with the game balance. Though the dungeons are pretty interesting with how they are designed along with there is a lot of loot to be found.

Classes while they may be named differently are pretty standard stuff. Check the OT and click on the various classes images. the Male or Female symbol is to see the other graphic of the character the BC (Blood Code) is info on the class itself.

Gameplay is what you should be familiar with in standard DRPGs. Just that the way the item info is displayed is a bit of a mess for those not familiar with EXP Inc games. As mentioned lots of equipment / items to find and this game allows for you to upgrade items which raises the standard stats of it and can add extra properties to it at times. Rare items unfortunately extra properties cant be added.

Fights are quite challenging esp since a lot of enemies have all party attacks. Then there is the standard fare of poison, paralyze, sleep, KO, insta death etc.

There is also Level Down, melancholy and my most irritating one personally "burnt out" 燃え尽き just because all of that particular characters stats are lowered greatly and its quite expensive to fix. Items for it are limited in numbers from the shop too. Though if lucky you can find them from enemies.

A big plus for this game which lots of folks may like over Demon Gaze is the fact there is pretty much no fan service in it.

Artwork for enemies and such have been redon over what was used originally with the series itself so some stuff does look pretty great.

Sound effects are the same for the most part. Voiced sections are nice, but the game is not full voice also it is not as narrative heavy as Demon Gaze, though its semi-expected as they were just going off the original script for the most part of the original Generation Xth 1 & 2nd game. Where Demon Gaze was written from the ground up.

Overall though pretty enjoyable title and personally more challenging than demon gaze.

-------

Demon Gaze while an easier title you can tell it was designed with a bit more modernized art with the assets and such. Gameplay is much easier than Op Abyss mainly because its balanced more towards new players to the genre and is not as severe with all party attacks. Though its still very possible to get messed up pretty good if not careful lol. Music I had liked it and the games characters is what makes the series special personally. Regardless if there was fanservice stuff included, the characters in the game were great with their dialog and interaction so that keep things amusing and wanting to press on in the game itself to see how everything plays out.

Demon system was interesting, its basically you get a 6th party member (selected from the demons "bosses" you have defeated so far) so to speak that can be used for a period of time and will pretty much do whatever it wants outside of you giving it specific skill commands. Really does make the game a bit easier too since all of the status boosting effects they have when equipped with you.

Maps are fairly standard and nothing too complex or difficult. If anything most of the time the only thing you might have to be concerned about is missing a hidden door which was the reason why it seemed like you were unable to pass a certain point in the map.

While there are not as many items in the game, the system of gaining them from setting 3 "item gems" in specified location on the map to lure enemies and if you defeat them you get items was a neat system that always ensured the player to get something in return after a fight. Gems can be found or bought.

Its a good game, but if you are looking for a bit more of a challenge suggest Op Abyss over it. Though if you want something you can take a little easier with and has more of a backstory then Demon Gaze. Op Abyss has a story too but as mentioned its not nearly as developed as Demon Gaze. Though for me personally its about the dungeon crawling lol.

Parakeetman

The deadline for the Muramasa campaign is ending soon (August 31), here's the URL to enter I think: http://www.exp-inc.jp/web0904/modules/ccenter/?form=29

I assume if you win they'll ask for your shipping information then since it doesn't seem like they ask for it on the form. I'm going to use my Tenso forwarding address to enter, might as well give it a shot.

I saw pictures of some ハチ curry thing and wonder if it was real lol

Parakeetman

I'm pretty sure it's actual curry, haha. Definitely selecting the knife thing when I enter.

Im still not done with the game so cant enter lol. Have had no time to play lately. Got my PC ver of SoSC though! 2 of em. One to collect so put that one on the shelf.

CrovaxPSO

Im still not done with the game so cant enter lol. Have had no time to play lately. Got my PC ver of SoSC though! 2 of em. One to collect so put that one on the shelf.

I think you just need a screenshot of a MURAMASA to enter. Before I was able to actually get one I just bought the 150k hammer and reloaded save until I gambled one and took a picture. Then reloaded my real save. I'm not sure if you need to do anything else since it seems easy to just find a random person's screenshot and use that. I doubt they can compare every single entry to make sure it's legit.

Parakeetman

I think you just need a screenshot of a MURAMASA to enter. Before I was able to actually get one I just bought the 150k hammer and reloaded save until I gambled one and took a picture. Then reloaded my real save. I'm not sure if you need to do anything else since it seems easy to just find a random person's screenshot and use that. I doubt they can compare every single entry to make sure it's legit.

thats a good point but Id prefer to use my actual data anyways.

saw the box filled with hachi curry man wish i could get one of those lol

CrovaxPSO

thats a good point but Id prefer to use my actual data anyways.

saw the box filled with hachi curry man wish i could get one of those lol

Yeah, I have an actual Muramasa now that I used to enter. I hope they didn't want contact info in the comments/opinion box since I just wrote a brief impression of the game.

Parakeetman

Yeah, I have an actual Muramasa now that I used to enter. I hope they didn't want contact info in the comments/opinion box since I just wrote a brief impression of the game.

Hmm if they didnt specify perhaps its they will contact winners asking for info then?

CrovaxPSO

Hmm if they didnt specify perhaps its they will contact winners asking for info then?

As far as I could see on the main campaign page and the actual form it doesn't say either way, so I assume they'll ask for it if you win. The form is specifically for this campaign since it asks for the playtime it took to get the sword, but the text box is just for impressions/opinions.

Parakeetman

As far as I could see on the main campaign page and the actual form it doesn't say either way, so I assume they'll ask for it if you win. The form is specifically for this campaign since it asks for the playtime it took to get the sword, but the text box is just for impressions/opinions.

Am real curious to see where they will take the series after this. Which reminds me I need to start work on figuring out wtf to do about the Cross Blood Infinity Ultimate OT. If anything will put a whole day into it tomorrow. Tonight going to comb over what I have and see if can pull down anything else useful.

CrovaxPSO

Am real curious to see where they will take the series after this. Which reminds me I need to start work on figuring out wtf to do about the Cross Blood Infinity Ultimate OT. If anything will put a whole day into it tomorrow. Tonight going to comb over what I have and see if can pull down anything else useful.

I kind of hope they do a sequel to Cross Blood after the next Abyss remake. I can't understand a lot of the story stuff but the premise is interesting enough in the series. I prefer the setting to Demon Gaze for sure.

Parakeetman

I kind of hope they do a sequel to Cross Blood after the next Abyss remake. I can't understand a lot of the story stuff but the premise is interesting enough in the series. I prefer the setting to Demon Gaze for sure.

That would indeed be nice, though I wonder how the fans would respond to it considering how many times we have gotten crossblood now lol.

Unless they make a whole original chapter also for the game, might be hard sell with the artwork alone. D:

Do agree that I really like the setting too.

CrovaxPSO

That would indeed be nice, though I wonder how the fans would respond to it considering how many times we have gotten crossblood now lol.

Unless they make a whole original chapter also for the game, might be hard sell with the artwork alone. D:

Do agree that I really like the setting too.

I mean after Demon Gaze 2 and whatever the other 3rd project they have. Abyss+Abyss 2+Cross Blood Ultimate is kind of a lot at once, yeah. I'm also not sure how Cross Blood ends since I didn't finish it last time, might not even have an easy way into a sequel.

Parakeetman

I mean after Demon Gaze 2 and whatever the other 3rd project they have. Abyss+Abyss 2+Cross Blood Ultimate is kind of a lot at once, yeah. I'm also not sure how Cross Blood ends since I didn't finish it last time, might not even have an easy way into a sequel.

Wonder besides Demon Gaze 2 what their other 2 projects are.

Parakeetman

Btw the Cross Blood Infinity Ultimate OT is going to be pretty barebones for the most part as quite possibly by far this is the least amount of resources I have to work with. Its ok though since am sure as usual will just be the 3 of us sitting around in it lol.

The Dungeon Travelers 2 one though has a bit more to work with.

CrovaxPSO

Btw the Cross Blood Infinity Ultimate OT is going to be pretty barebones for the most part as quite possibly by far this is the least amount of resources I have to work with. Its ok though since am sure as usual will just be the 3 of us sitting around in it lol.

It's a bummer that more people don't give importing DRPGs a try, since I don't think they're any more difficult to get a good grasp of than something like Idolmaster or Monster Hunter (MH is probably more difficult due to the item names being in kanji a lot from what I've seen). I guess it just has to do with the genre being niche already.

Dorarnae

hehe, ended up pre ordering cross blood infinity ultimate..
was tempting to buy dungeon travelers 2, but are they adding stuff? I've seen some dlc, but other than that?

Parakeetman

It's a bummer that more people don't give importing DRPGs a try, since I don't think they're any more difficult to get a good grasp of than something like Idolmaster or Monster Hunter (MH is probably more difficult due to the item names being in kanji a lot from what I've seen). I guess it just has to do with the genre being niche already.

It is unfortunate considering its an interesting genre, though personally I think one issue is the type of "modern" gamers who exist these days where pretty much cognitive thinking is dead with them therefore why they have issues with the genre. Asides from always being focused on wrong things like Graphics > Gameplay.

In regards to the language stuff yeah some games will be a bit harder due to how the game design is esp if it requires some form of puzzles or instructions on how to do something such as in this game for example with some of the sections where you need to actually read what is being said to be able to progress.

Demon Gaze did not really have that all that much which is why the title itself was much easier to import.

Stranger of Sword City might be a mid-line since the choices you make in the game do effect the story and there will be parts when you will have to choose which special skill to take when you give one of the 3 factions a crystal. So reading the description will make a huge difference if the skill you pick is useful or not.

Parakeetman

hehe, ended up pre ordering cross blood infinity ultimate..
was tempting to buy dungeon travelers 2, but are they adding stuff? I've seen some dlc, but other than that?

Ill have to check the main site on that. Id just happy to see a nicer updated version. Though gonna be hard to start all over again, but will get the chance to not screw up my characters this time around lol.

Let me get back to you in a few minutes will check the site now.

The DLC characters looks like the characters from the first Dungeon Travelers. Very cool. I just hope the price wont be all stupid... but that is an INSANE amount of DLC characters 20 total it says.

Pricing isnt too bad 200 JPY for 1 character
1500 for all 20.

Characters will have all voices added in too, which includes the random dungeon chatter. They will also use the same system of like / dislikes with foods & motivation.

*To those who will bitch and moan none of these characters were in the original DT 2 back on the PSP. On top of that the vanilla content has more than enough characters as is.

Updated 2d graphics

Updated 3d dungeons

Thats about it which is announced for now.

Am curious though if they will have more hidden dungeons. Really do love this series and by far is one of the top tier dungeon crawlers out there. Though the fan service will scare off many. Still fantastic characters and you do get quite attached to them as they all have their own personality which is one thing missing from a lot of dungeon crawlers. (to be fair its because these are pre-set characters, so there is no making your own from scratch)

Dorarnae

Ill have to check the main site on that. Id just happy to see a nicer updated version. Though gonna be hard to start all over again, but will get the chance to not screw up my characters this time around lol.

Let me get back to you in a few minutes will check the site now.

The DLC characters looks like the characters from the first Dungeon Travelers. Very cool. I just hope the price wont be all stupid... but that is an INSANE amount of DLC characters 20 total it says.

Pricing isnt too bad 200 JPY for 1 character
1500 for all 20.

Characters will have all voices added in too, which includes the random dungeon chatter. They will also use the same system of like / dislikes with foods & motivation.

*To those who will bitch and moan none of these characters were in the original DT 2 back on the PSP. On top of that the vanilla content has more than enough characters as is.

Updated 2d graphics

Updated 3d dungeons

Thats about it which is announced for now.

Am curious though if they will have more hidden dungeons. Really do love this series and by far is one of the top tier dungeon crawlers out there. Though the fan service will scare off many. Still fantastic characters and you do get quite attached to them as they all have their own personality which is one thing missing from a lot of dungeon crawlers. (to be fair its because these are pre-set characters, so there is no making your own from scratch)

definitely a great dungeon crawler, which is why it's tempting hehe. haven't done the post game stuff , but the game seems to be massive...I still need to buy the first game, will probably get it soon.

Parakeetman

definitely a great dungeon crawler, which is why it's tempting hehe. haven't done the post game stuff , but the game seems to be massive...I still need to buy the first game, will probably get it soon.

The post game bosses are INSANE. I have not gotten there myself either but I have the guidebook and looked dear god. lol

Dorarnae

The post game bosses are INSANE. I have not gotten there myself either but I have the guidebook and looked dear god. lol

yeah from some video I saw, some of the boss seem to require certain skill/class.
at least you can respec your character in game, and you don't lose anything if you're lvl 15-30-50 if I remember?

KuroNeeko

Let see here between Demon Gaze and This game, it will depend on what you are looking for or are not looking for.

Starting off with the Generation Xth series which this is based off of Operation Abyss is a bit on the older design side which also goes along with the game balance. Though the dungeons are pretty interesting with how they are designed along with there is a lot of loot to be found.

Classes while they may be named differently are pretty standard stuff. Check the OT and click on the various classes images. the Male or Female symbol is to see the other graphic of the character the BC (Blood Code) is info on the class itself.

Gameplay is what you should be familiar with in standard DRPGs. Just that the way the item info is displayed is a bit of a mess for those not familiar with EXP Inc games. As mentioned lots of equipment / items to find and this game allows for you to upgrade items which raises the standard stats of it and can add extra properties to it at times. Rare items unfortunately extra properties cant be added.

Fights are quite challenging esp since a lot of enemies have all party attacks. Then there is the standard fare of poison, paralyze, sleep, KO, insta death etc.

There is also Level Down, melancholy and my most irritating one personally "burnt out" 燃え尽き just because all of that particular characters stats are lowered greatly and its quite expensive to fix. Items for it are limited in numbers from the shop too. Though if lucky you can find them from enemies.

A big plus for this game which lots of folks may like over Demon Gaze is the fact there is pretty much no fan service in it.

Artwork for enemies and such have been redon over what was used originally with the series itself so some stuff does look pretty great.

Sound effects are the same for the most part. Voiced sections are nice, but the game is not full voice also it is not as narrative heavy as Demon Gaze, though its semi-expected as they were just going off the original script for the most part of the original Generation Xth 1 & 2nd game. Where Demon Gaze was written from the ground up.

Overall though pretty enjoyable title and personally more challenging than demon gaze.

-------

Demon Gaze while an easier title you can tell it was designed with a bit more modernized art with the assets and such. Gameplay is much easier than Op Abyss mainly because its balanced more towards new players to the genre and is not as severe with all party attacks. Though its still very possible to get messed up pretty good if not careful lol. Music I had liked it and the games characters is what makes the series special personally. Regardless if there was fanservice stuff included, the characters in the game were great with their dialog and interaction so that keep things amusing and wanting to press on in the game itself to see how everything plays out.

Demon system was interesting, its basically you get a 6th party member (selected from the demons "bosses" you have defeated so far) so to speak that can be used for a period of time and will pretty much do whatever it wants outside of you giving it specific skill commands. Really does make the game a bit easier too since all of the status boosting effects they have when equipped with you.

Maps are fairly standard and nothing too complex or difficult. If anything most of the time the only thing you might have to be concerned about is missing a hidden door which was the reason why it seemed like you were unable to pass a certain point in the map.

While there are not as many items in the game, the system of gaining them from setting 3 "item gems" in specified location on the map to lure enemies and if you defeat them you get items was a neat system that always ensured the player to get something in return after a fight. Gems can be found or bought.

Its a good game, but if you are looking for a bit more of a challenge suggest Op Abyss over it. Though if you want something you can take a little easier with and has more of a backstory then Demon Gaze. Op Abyss has a story too but as mentioned its not nearly as developed as Demon Gaze. Though for me personally its about the dungeon crawling lol.

I'm sending you a PM!

Fhoenix

Well, after your advice I bought Demon Gaze. Got three demons, loving it so far.
Feels different from the dungeon crawlers I played before, since encounter rate is very low, you can explore the whole floor very fast... but then spend a lot of times running between the circles. First couple of dungeons were very farmable, but the forest is meh, since the circles are far apart and the dungeon gimmick break auto-navi system. Also I now have my gazer, assassin and samurai equipped with bows and hiding behind my paladin, since anything non-paladin dies very fast @_@
The plot is surprisingly okay, I was expecting much worse.
I like it so far, will probably buy Operation Abyss some time later too.

Parakeetman

Well, after your advice I bought Demon Gaze. Got three demons, loving it so far.
Feels different from the dungeon crawlers I played before, since encounter rate is very low, you can explore the whole floor very fast... but then spend a lot of times running between the circles. First couple of dungeons were very farmable, but the forest is meh, since the circles are far apart and the dungeon gimmick break auto-navi system. Also I now have my gazer, assassin and samurai equipped with bows and hiding behind my paladin, since anything non-paladin dies very fast @_@
The plot is surprisingly okay, I was expecting much worse.
I like it so far, will probably buy Operation Abyss some time later too.

Good glad to hear you are enjoying it.

It is a little different, since they tried some new ideas with it and had created the title to be a bit of a blend of audiences for the core and light users. For the most part it did pretty well I think as both sides seemed generally happy.

Later dungeons yes the circles will become more spread out, therefore running circuits will take a lot longer. But at least unlike the start of the game you wont be running around mostly naked while doing it.

I never use the auto-navi system and pretty much forget it exists. Its in this game too Operation Abyss that is and once again I never use it since dont really need it lol. Its more for those who hate having to move around on their own I suppose. Or are doing something else at the same time yet want to progress in the dungeon.

Also dropped this on the demon gaze page but one of the better wikis that should help you out if you ever need information. Also pay attention to the bug section, since there were some bugs that never got fixed which means there is a good chance they still exist in the US version. But it mostly has to do with end game treasure hunting so you wont have to worry about it for a while.

http://www.spoiler.jp/srv/dg/E882B2E68890E696B9E6B395.html

The link will take you to the stats page since thats another thing which isnt always really explained in their games and are slightly different from one another therefore its always good to check first what each one does / effects. From that page you can go back to the main wiki and whatnots.

Anyways enjoy the game and if you have any questions just leave it in the demon gaze thread as I got it on my watch list also even though its not my OT.

Parakeetman

Did this sell well in Japan so we can get it in the USA?

It was so-so. A bit hard to say at the moment really. Though if they wanted to bring the series to the West this by far would be better for them considering its 1 & 2 in the Xth series. And if they do want to bring out Cross Blood they need to have Operation Abyss first, as Cross Blood is the story that takes place after those 2 games (which is now Operation Abyss)

It was so-so. A bit hard to say at the moment really. Though if they wanted to bring the series to the West this by far would be better for them considering its 1 & 2 in the Xth series. And if they do want to bring out Cross Blood they need to have Operation Abyss first, as Cross Blood is the story that takes place after those 2 games (which is now Operation Abyss)

If it doesn't come out here then I will have to abandon gaming, sell all of my possessions and travel the world as a monk.

I would even take students of the round PSP at this point.
Anything.

CrovaxPSO

Did this sell well in Japan so we can get it in the USA?

It had a solid debut week (ranked 5th, ~16k units, sold through 60-80% of shipment) but then fell a bit the next week but still charted. After that I think it fell below top 20 or whatever the cutoff is. I would guess it did about as well as Experience expected it would, since they usually see a good sell-through.

As for localization, I still think it has a pretty good chance, but it's hard to say when to expect it. Might be reasonable to expect something next summer or fall, but companies might be passing over this in favor of Sword City.

Parakeetman

Most def companies are going to be going at it trying to get SoSC I imagine.

Operation Abyss ranked pretty high for digital downloads though initially.

Top Bottom