• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Brady Supernova

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to know who else is considered an all time great along with Tom Brady? What qualifies someone as an all-time great?

By the way, Milch, love the image. Made me laugh.

bionic77

Everyone can't win a SB when their QB has a 22.6 passer rating.
Hines had a perfect qb rating.

Ben was just a running back that time. He used up all his powers dropping 4 first half TDs against the Broncos in the AFC Championship when he took out the legendary handball player known as Jake the Snake. We dodged a bullet there. I don't know if I could live without self if I got outplayed by a handball player in the playoffs,let alone beat by him. But I doubt many people have lost to guys like Plummer or Sanitize in the playoffs. Certainly nobody worth remembering!

Milchjon

#1?!?!?!? Holy shit! What is your metric, most happiness brought to you?

e7ba040575543d66ef6e1f2d1b02ed22.jpg

Moondrop

Banned
New OL takes time to gel. Developing relationship with new #1 receiver takes time. Gronk took several weeks to regain his health after multiple offseason surgeries.

Or football's an incalculable series of interhuman collisions played out over tiny sample size; take your pick. :p

Matt Cassel made the fucking Pro Bowl with the Chiefs. Meanwhile Curtis Painter works at Walmart right now.

But haters still using the Cassel argument 😂

Godslay

Banned
2 freak plays go his way, he's a 5 time SB winner.

Ain't done shit, for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G4O5AMSevc

Can't wait to join in the NFL thread and be called a retard. Your posts make it sound appealing.

You're a peach. Come and join us.

Yeah, the asshole that did that slither back to the home base in Boston. Fucking McDaniels. Broncos fired him the week after he was busted doing that. What do they do in Boston, welcome him back as a hero.

There will forever be an asterisks next to Elway's name.

Elway didn't work there when that happened, but I'm sure you knew that. Elway's team was the last legitimate back to back Superbowl champion. Blow the asterisks out your ass!

Trey

Watching the helmet catch 7 years later is surreal. David Tyree existed as an NFL player solely for that one catch.

Godslay

Banned
Watching the helmet catch 7 years later is surreal. David Tyree existed as an NFL player solely for that one catch.

Probably the best Superbowl play in all of NFL Superbowl history. Shows you that cheaters never really prosper, arrogance is always trumped by humility, and perfection is reserved for true greats. Not to mention that innocence is more valuable than corrupted success, in the case of Eli versus Tom.

Kobe24

I mean two topsy turvy throws by Eli and a Welker drop, decided the last 2 superbowl appearances for the Pats. Brady could have 5. That is insane, greatest of all time status for sure.

Godslay

Banned
I don't see a gif of James Harrison's 101 yard interception return anywhere, bruh.

As great as that was, the Tyree catch meant more to humanity as a whole.

I mean two topsy turvy throws by Eli and a Welker drop, decided the last 2 superbowl appearances for the Pats. Brady could have 5. That is insane, greatest of all time status for sure.

If he wouldn't have cheated he would have had three. Such is life.

I will personally wrestle anyone who talks shit about Tom Brady. Either repent and accept him as the greatest athlete of all time, regardless of the sport, or give me a time and place!

Much like American hero Bernard Pollard was put on this earth to single handledly destroy Patriots' seasons.

What a man. What a legend.

bionic77

I will personally wrestle anyone who talks shit about Tom Brady. Either repent and accept him as the greatest athlete of all time, regardless of the sport, or give me a time and place!
Let's fight by the dumpsters where Goodell burned the Spygate tapes after he finished his thorough investigation.

The same guy who thought Ray Rice was a hellavu guy after another thorough investigation!

"For Manning, the conditions have to be perfect for him to prosper. He's a front-runner, which is why he has so much statistical greatness and not Super Bowl moments. The Super Bowl is the ultimate setting where insanity is the norm, and Brady has played well in all of his Super Bowls because he prospers under adversity. Manning doesn't."

FLAWLESS.
Brady has played well? He put up a combined 31 points the last 2 times he was there, each time with a top 3 offense (and one with perhaps the greatest offense of all time).

Nevermind that the Bears D Peyton played against was substantially better than any D Brady has ever faced in the Super Bowl.

You could write this same article for Brady. Dude lost to Jake Plummer and Mark Sanchez.

Holy shit. This thread got ugly.
Anyway...

0914626001413039824_filepicker.jpg

GOAT. End of discussion.

Before he retires, I'd like to see him once more with a perennial pro bowler at wide receiver again. Gronk certainly does handsomely in his position, but I want to see the Pats go get someone like Fitzgerald or Dez or Megatron. Someone of that level of elite skill. I know it probably won't happen again like it did with Moss because the Pats are so fuckin cheap...but damn. I'd expect another 45+ TD season if it ever happened. These mediocre WR's (with respect to Eddleman who is excellent in the slot) really put more pressure on Tom & Gronk to produce than that team really should have to shoulder. And every time I see Gronk get hit you have to wonder if he's gonna get back up.

Their WR core is not bad; they're just not good. Kinda reminds me of the McNabb @ Eagles era when they were good enough to be SB contenders but didn't break through until they got a really elite WR (T. Owens). James Thrash and Todd Pinkston were unreliable at best. It was just a very mediocre group that made McNabb's job harder. Now, Tom had what? 5 or 6 passess dropped on Sunday? Some of those were TD drops and others were dropped 1st downs that turned into punts or FG tries. If those same players drop those same passes in the playoffs, the Pats will be watching someone else hoist the trophy again.

I may never understand the Pats reluctance to spend the amount necessary to solidify a critical position. Who knows how many rings they may have won (or contended better for) if they had an extra brand name or two on offense or defense. "Almost won" doesn't count for shit, and the money saved is cold comfort for a team that can come a few minutes or a few dropped passes away from a trophy (or a SB birth).

Brady has played well?
You're a sharp one, aren't you.

Let's fight by the dumpsters where Goodell burned the Spygate tapes after he finished his thorough investigation.

The same guy who thought Ray Rice was a hellavu guy after another thorough investigation!

like the Pittsburgh Cheaters are any better. I still remember that Kraft money thrown to the refs when Ben lost the the ball near the goal line and clearly Miami recovered the ball.

bionic77

like the Pittsburgh Cheaters are any better. I still remember that Kraft money thrown to the refs when Ben lost the the ball near the goal line and clearly Miami recovered the ball.
The refs suck every week. Do the Rooney's pay all of them to just suck and sometimes screw the Steelers as well?

Godslay

Banned
Before he retires, I'd like to see him once more with a perennial pro bowler at wide receiver again. Gronk certainly does handsomely in his position, but I want to see the Pats go get someone like Fitzgerald or Dez or Megatron. Someone of that level of elite skill. I know it probably won't happen again like it did with Moss because the Pats are so fuckin cheap...but damn. I'd expect another 45+ TD season if it ever happened. These mediocre WR's (with respect to Eddleman who is excellent in the slot) really put more pressure on Tom & Gronk to produce than that team really should have to shoulder. And every time I see Gronk get hit you have to wonder if he's gonna get back up.

Their WR core is not bad; they're just not good. Kinda reminds me of the McNabb @ Eagles era when they were good enough to be SB contenders but didn't break through until they got a really elite WR (T. Owens). James Thrash and Todd Pinkston were unreliable at best. It was just a very mediocre group that made McNabb's job harder. Now, Tom had what? 5 or 6 passess dropped on Sunday? Some of those were TD drops and others were dropped 1st downs that turned into punts or FG tries. If those same players drop those same passes in the playoffs, the Pats will be watching someone else hoist the trophy again.

I may never understand the Pats reluctance to spend the amount necessary to solidify a critical position. Who knows how many rings they may have won (or contended better for) if they had an extra brand name or two on offense or defense. "Almost won" doesn't count for shit, and the money saved is cold comfort for a team that can come a few minutes or a few dropped passes away from a trophy (or a SB birth).

You're a sharp one, aren't you.

Slurp. Slurp.

Game manager who rode cheating and a good defense to illegitimate Super Bowl wins. What more needs to be said?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom