• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Brady Supernova

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kobe24

What the hell happened? After that KC game, the Pats and especially Tom Brady were being labeled as finished. Hell, there were pitchforks lined up, before that Bengals game. Well, since said game, the Pats are dropping 40 points every game and Brady is looking surgical out there. Not to mention they have a bionic monster at the TE position, who is matchup proof. I want some answers.

reKon

Banned
Well, when you're the best QB of all time you can kind of do things like that.

edit; joke post, I just wanted the 1st response to be controversial and I got beat out.

Paskil

I like having Gronk on my fantasy team. Especially when he goes into beast mode and nabs me 35 points (15 this week). Would have loved the 35 this week when my team is getting hit hard with players on bye, but beggars can't be choosers.

I'm a Packer's fan, if you can call me that. I don't really watch much football. Besides the Packers/Panthers game that I went to, I've watched pretty much zilch football this season. I have no investment or dislike for the Pats. Unlike people like my bro that place great importance on football and seem to want Brady and the Pats to die in a fire, or something.

Football is srsbsns.

Cagey

Banned
Tom Brady playing lights out MVP football huh.

Flip the Eli Signal. The world needs it's hero to eradicate the oncoming darkness.

wut, what?

How has he had no weapons? He had Moss in his prime, several seasons with the best Slot Reciever in NFL history, and now has a record setting (but injury prone) TE who is basically a cyborg. Brady has had plenty of weapons. He may not have been slinging it to Calvin Johnson but they have had plenty of great players come and go.

eznark

Banned
Wy0fKOR.jpg

Yup, best QB in football right now.

He's also got mintron, and a reemerging Gronk.
Rodgers, Brees, Peyton, and Luck are all clearly better.

This will become clear when Brady gets completely shut down by good defenses in the playoffs, as has become common for him now that his skills have declined.

BadAss2961

Tom Brady is nasty. What makes him even more cold is that he kick ass with no names. Been doing it since he been doing it.
It's the system. Even Matt Cassel went off in Brady's absence and got paid.

Brady's developed into a good QB over the years, but I don't think he's a guy that can turn mostly any team into a SB contender the way Peyton can.

Rodgers, Brees, Peyton, and Luck are all clearly better.

This will become clear when Brady gets completely shut down by good defenses in the playoffs, as has become common for him now that his skills have declined.

Lol Brees and Luck.

I don't deny Rodgers is best right now, and Peyton is debatable, but those other two don't deserve to be mentioned with him.

Brady's developed into a good QB over the years, but I don't think he's a guy that can turn mostly any team into a SB contender the way Peyton can.

Exactly. People were shitting on Matt Cassel but he did great in Brady's absence--for a QB that hadn't played a full game in like 5 years.

Lol Brees and Luck.

I don't deny Rodgers is best right now, and Peyton is debatable, but those other two don't deserve to be mentioned with him.

Luck is at least as good as Rodgers right now. Brees is consistantly above average but below those two.

The "system" Cassel was in in 2008 is radically different then the system in place now. Cassel was playing with a team that was mostly intact following a perfect regular season and nearly won the super bowl. Ever slot was full of A+ talent.

That team is long since gone. There are still good players, but not nearly the talent they once had.

The media finds the juiciest story from week to week, presents it in the most sensationalist light possible, and dumb fat Americans argue on the internet about why their arbitrarily and regionally assigned favorite sports team is superior and being disrespected on a weekly basis.

Meanwhile, nothing of substance ever gets addressed because people's priorities are misappropriated and the media and NFL continue to make money hand over fist, and the cycle repeats itself each week.

Lol Brees and Luck.

They are all better than Brady at this point.

Specifically, the issue is 3 things:

1. Brady's deep ball is now awful
2. he gets gun shy if you get pressure on him
3. he's immobile

How has he had no weapons? He had Moss in his prime, several seasons with the best Slot Reciever in NFL history, and now has a record setting (but injury prone) TE who is basically a cyborg. Brady has had plenty of weapons. He may not have been slinging it to Calvin Johnson but they have had plenty of great players come and go.
Yea but alot the time he doesnt they great.. no they are good thats all. Edelman, lafell, amendola.. by no means arent great. Yea gronk is a fucking beast though.

Dont really care if its the system or not hes the qb playing in that system. And cassel got lucky moss was with him. Moss bailed him out plenty times. (remembering 2009 vs jets lol)

Kusagari

The media talking about how Tom Brady is "done" was the worst thing possible for anyone the Pats play this season.

Brady still gets off on being drafted so low and this probably reawakened his fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom