• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Brady Supernova

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are all better than Brady at this point.

Specifically, the issue is 3 things:

1. Brady's deep ball is now awful
2. he gets gun shy if you get pressure on him
3. he's immobile

Yet he's smarter than Brees and makes better decisions than luck, both of which results in him winning more games and costing his teams less than Brees and Luck do.

Plus he's more clutch. And immobile, sure he doesn't run but if you watched the Broncos game today or any of his games after KC he's extending plays more and more.

Godslay

Banned
I was really down on this team. When Brady was doing bad I gave up on them. Bill peeked in, watched more tape than usual, and turned the season around.

Personally, I think he's the best in NFL history.

shira

I've heard that many times before.. Are you just watching football for the first time this season? Lol..
What does that even mean. He was throwing the ball with such percision it was like a surgeon cutting a patient. Are there degrees of surgicalness?

And no, I stopped watching football when they started using "anemic" for offences.

Oh that offence was so bad it was like he didn't have properly functioning red blood cells

Bread

Banned
I was really down on this team. When Brady was doing bad I gave up on them. Bill peeked in, watched more tape than usual, and turned the season around.

Personally, I think he's the best in NFL history.
i see today's loss made you take a step back and realize how wrong you were

i'm proud of you brother!

eznark

Banned
What does that even mean. He was throwing the ball with such percision it was like a surgeon cutting a patient. Are there degrees of surgicalness?

And no, I stopped watching football when they started using "anemic" for offences.

Oh that offence was so bad it was like he didn't have properly functioning red blood cells

crazy.gif

Godslay

Banned

Sure bro.

Tom Brady is laser like. Where someone like Peyton is basically taking a hatchet to a brain transplant.

cajunator

Banned
Lol Brees and Luck.

I don't deny Rodgers is best right now, and Peyton is debatable, but those other two don't deserve to be mentioned with him.

Brees is a short guy and has to work harder to find throwing lanes. He cant stand tall in the pocket. Hes a very smart QB but easier to slow down due to his height and lack of arm strength.
he still manages to keep a team afloat that often fails on him. Saints defense often sucks and special teams are nonexistent. He has to make up for all that.

if they do this in January and February then i'll be impressed, im a pats fan but this happens like every season, beasts in the regular season then choke in the playoffs
Peyton got the Welker curse now

defense is still garbage

Loofy

Its like you dont understand words have more than one meaning.
a·ne·mic
əˈnēmik/Submit
adjective
lacking in color, spirit, or vitality.
synonyms: feeble, weak, insipid, wishy-washy, vapid, bland; More

Freeman

Banned
Far from the best showing for the Broncos and Brady made them pay for every mistake. It was frustrating to watch so many penalties and every-time the Broncos were getting in a position to get back on the game something unfortunate was just around the corner.

At least it's better for things to go wrong now than on a possible playoff game. Going by the upcoming schedule I think the Broncos are more likely to have home filed advantage if they meet again this year and we'll hopefully see a different outcome.

I watched every single Broncos game and it still feels like a team that could play much better even though they are already very competitive.

cajunator

Banned
if they do this in January and February then i'll be impressed, im a pats fan but this happens like every season, beasts in the regular season then choke in the playoffs
Peyton got the Welker curse now

defense is still garbage

Pats defense isnt even close to garbage. Its pretty good.

JABEE

You mean using imagery requires you to thoroughly explain how the metaphor applies in each case.

Surgeon are known for their precision in making quick dexterous, hand movements. Talented QBs are known for their quick, dexterous hand movements.

Offenses are "anemic" in the sense that an offense group like the body requires blood to live and thrive. When an offense is "anemic" that means that things aren't flowing (like blood) and that the offense is failing to respond and the organs (players) are failing to perform the tasks that need to be performed in order to survive and thrive.

You could also say that not all uses of imagery are perfect, and it's a bit pretentious and picky to call out uses of imagery that only fail to work if you require extremely specific analogous situations and elements.

BadAss2961

The "system" Cassel was in in 2008 is radically different then the system in place now. Cassel was playing with a team that was mostly intact following a perfect regular season and nearly won the super bowl. Ever slot was full of A+ talent.

That team is long since gone. There are still good players, but not nearly the talent they once had.
Not really. Offensively, the only difference between then and recent years are the receivers, back when they had Moss and Welker. It's not like Cassel was hiding behind a great running game or something. He had to sling it, and he did.

Usually it doesn't matter how talented your offense is -- when your star QB goes down, so does your team's season. Colts went from 10 wins to 2 without Peyton. For awhile, they looked like they might've went 0-16.

Brady goes down and you still have an 11 win team. That is very unusual for a team losing their franchise QB in the first game.

Godslay

Banned
Not really. Offensively, the only difference between then and recent years are the receivers, back when they had Moss and Welker. It's not like Cassel was hiding behind a great running game or something. He had to sling it, and he did.

Usually it doesn't matter how talented your offense is -- when your star QB goes down, so does your team's season. Colts went from 10 wins to 2 without Peyton. For awhile, they looked like they might've went 0-16.

Brady goes down and you still have an 11 win team. That is very unusual for a team losing their franchise QB in the first game.

That's cause Brady was so good in the back up role. He called all the plays for Cassel, and really mentored him. To lead a team from the sidelines, while hurt? Simply amazing for him to live through Cassel like that.

Boston

LeBron never had the benefit of illegally recorded video footage of other team's practices to know what coverages the defense would be playing in advance!

I love how average fans don't know every team in the NFL was doing this at the time.

Bread

Banned
Offensively, the only difference between then and recent years are the receivers, back when they had Moss and Welker.
what?

they had an incredible offensive line too you know...

And you're acting like Moss and Welker aren't that much of an upgrade over what they have now.

BadAss2961

what?

they had an incredible offensive line too you know...

And you're acting like Moss and Welker aren't that much of an upgrade over what they have now.
The Patriots have always had an incredible o-line during Brady's run. Things only got shaky early during this season, and now it's been turned around.

Moss and Welker were huge, no doubt. But there wasn't a Gronk back then. He covers a pretty good chunk of that ground lost for the passing game.

Kusagari

The Colts were so bad because they had horrible backups like Curtis Painter.

If they had a guy like Orton that season the narrative would be completely different.

I love how average fans don't know every team in the NFL was doing this at the time.
lulz, is this what you tell yourself to make yourself feel better for rooting for cheaters?

Not talking about the sideline cameras, dude. Talking about stuff like when they recorded the Rams' 2001 super bowl walkthrough, then used that knowledge to have the D lined up perfectly for certain formations they'd seen in practice.

That week against KC was hilarious in NFL Gaf. Would like to pull every post of people saying like "Looks like Garrapolo is starting..." and predictions he'd be benched, etc. Not that Brady didn't deserve it. Then the next 5 games are the best 5 consecutive games in his career since 2007.

23/35 65.7 avg 292 yards 2 td 0 int 110.7 rating
27/37 73.0 avg 361 yards 4 td 0 int 139.6 rating
20/37 54.1 avg 261 yards 3 td 0 int 103.5 rating
30/35 85.7 avg 354 yards 5 td 0 int 148.4 rating
33/53 62.3 avg 333 yards 4 td 1 int 97.4 rating

Over the last 5 games... 18 TDs, 1 Int.

Aside from just playing out of his mind, two major things have changed:
- Gronk is 100% healthy. Brady is a different QB with Gronk healthy.
- The offensive line play has been excellent since Bryan Stork started playing center. Dan Connolly is playing very well. Connolly shut down Damarcus Ware today and they were going at it for the whole game. Obviously every QB is better when they get protection, but it's been a major difference. In the first 4 games, Brady was sacked 9 times. In the 5 games following that KC game, Brady has been sacked just 5 times, while facing generally better defenses 4 out of those 5 games (CIN, BUF, NYJ, DEN).

hom3land

lulz, is this what you tell yourself to make yourself feel better for rooting for cheaters?

Not talking about the sideline cameras, dude. Talking about stuff like when they recorded the Rams' 2001 super bowl walkthrough, then used that knowledge to have the D lined up perfectly for certain formations they'd seen in practice.

Can you provide proof to this? Because..

Goodell also said he was told by Walsh that the Patriots did not have a videotape of a walk-through practice of the St. Louis Rams before the 2002 Super Bowl. The Boston Herald had previously reported that such a tape existed, but Goodell said Tuesday he was able to verify that there is no such tape.

Mesoian

What the hell happened? After that KC game, the Pats and especially Tom Brady were being labeled as finished. Hell, there were pitchforks lined up, before that Bengals game. Well, since said game, the Pats are dropping 40 points every game and Brady is looking surgical out there. Not to mention they have a bionic monster at the TE position, who is matchup proof. I want some answers.

They figured out their o-line problems.

That's all, Brady was always good, Gronk was always good, but it's really hard to toss balls when your o-line can't give you more than 1 second to look down field.

That and Vereen is a better RB than Ridley ever was, so is Grey.

Nothing ever goes over your head, your reflexes are too fast.

hom3land

They figured out their o-line problems.

That's all, Brady was always good, Gronk was always good, but it's really hard to toss balls when your o-line can't give you more than 1 second to look down field.

That and Vereen is a better RB than Ridley ever was, so is Grey.

First, Gronk has just started to be back to gronk the past few games. He wasn't all there when we played kc.

Second, Vereen and Ridley are 2 different types of running backs. Catching out of the back field is vereens money maker, but for rushing, he has nothing on Ridley.

Gnome

The pats have always been my backup team to cheer for if the Seahawks fail. So God-Brady has my support.

And+the+Lord+sayeth+unto+you%252C+Lo%252C+He+is+Full+Of+Himself.jpg

Gronk got fully healthy. Tom Brady's Tom Brady. That's what happened.

Looking forward to beating their asses for a second time this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom